ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP but Calipari wants players to stay longer now?

For a visionary who was always ahead of the curve he is vastly behind this one. 5 years too late and too late for him to catch up. His rosters at Arkansas will be far inferior to his talent he had at UK which he was unsuccessful with the past 5 years. Without talent cal is a sub .500 coach simply because he doesn’t know how too.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
He can say what he wants, but for the last 15-20 years his whole shtick was onds and getting to the league asap. We saw it here, guys who get recruited by Cal feel they are ond and NBA bound. That perception isn’t going change all the sudden for Cal, no matter what he says (still think he’ll be all in on draft night).

I really think this Cal/Arkansas experiment will be short lived.

I don't think that's new for him. He was wanting NIL well before it was forced on the game. And he often cited it as a way to keep players in college. Oscar and Antonio being evidence

Reactions: rob_47
The Office Crying GIF

If he wants them to stay, then he needs to actually lift a finger to help develop them as players. That was why they guys who weren't going to be drafted transferred - because they were getting no coaching from him.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
The one-and-done was a large part of his recruiting prowess. Who wouldn't want to play one year then make millions in the NBA?

Now, if this is true and he wants them to stay more than a year, we will most likely see fewer 5-stars committing to him.

Kind of has to. He is not going to able to recruit at quite the same level he did here. He will be exposed if he doesn't have #1 or 2 classes yearly.

Yes he doesn’t have a choice. His entire coaching philosophy is make UK fans mad now. If Calipari isn’t selling out to allow players to shit on their program and run away when they please, he won’t get anyone. Nobody is going to play for Calipari to win basketball games, they play for him because he’s got no standard at all when it comes to traditional ways of operation. He’s the sell out guy, he’s the guy you play for to avoid accountability and standards.

So I hope he tries this. Can you see Calipari actually trying to recruit without the “im
The sell out guy” tag? He won’t pull 3 stars lol.

He has said this different times at Kentucky as well!! What he says and does are two different things.

So he is self serving, at UK he could push them out the door, then say see how all these guys are going to the NBA and it is all because of me, now he can't recruit the same players he needs them to stay longer.

Probably what it is. I’ve said from the beginning he can’t recruit the same to Arkansas and he’s probably figuring that out. So it’s a case of you can’t fire me, I quit. He’s getting out in front of all
The recruiting losses and instead pretending he didn’t want them anyway, he wants to be traditional now!!!!!

He can claim he didn’t fail at landing them and try and make UK fans mad too. In his narcessisric mind it’s a win.

Man the guys that continued to support this clown over and over have to feel retarded at this point. No big deal but damn, how did they not see what this guy is? I would stay away from any decent salesman if I were them personally.

Yeah, well after announcing he will only have 8 scholarship players he signed 4 more of them. So, there’s that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT