ADVERTISEMENT

Should We Have A Gimmick For Players Who Make Big Plays?

KyCatFan

All-American
May 7, 2002
It seems like a bunch of teams are giving players something after a big turnover. Georgia with their spiked pads. Miami with their gold chain. Tennessee with their garbage can (wtf). Alabama and others with a wrestling belt. There are some others as well. It probably all started with the helmet stickers (don't really notice those as much as I used to).

With us becoming known for defense, do you think we should have something like those? The players seem to get really hyped up getting rewarded for the big plays. Just like how the players love all the crazy uniform combinations. I think it adds to the coolness factor to them.

What could be our unique thing if we did that? I was trying to think of something that is big in Kentucky but some wouldn't be suitable (liquor or tobacco related). It could be something to do with coal (blinged out miner's helmet). You could do a Ft. Knox theme (going to war on defense theme with golden army helmet). I've got nothing for horses and I'm sure people don't want anything basketball related on the football field.

I think a golden soldier helmet might be the best thing I can think of.

Your all just a bunch of fuddy-duddies.

ujkKSxm.gif

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Give em a race horse, thatd be unique. Then they ride the horse up and down the sideline a time or two pumping up the crowd.

On 2nd thought, no. Dont do anything cheesy.

That movement lost ALL coolness when F$U brought out the (dora the explorer) backpack. Even their fans call it that.

Reactions: Blueaz
How ‘bout a cigarette?

Even when I was playing football in high school in the fifties they knew there was something wrong with cigarettes, our high school coach made all the players quit smoking during football season. Well, he tried, lol, but even then he knew it was bad for your stamina. Maybe one reason I never smoked a cigarette in my life, of course I'm still pretty young so who knows.

We need to stop trying to force Kentucky things onto the team. That's how we got checkerboard unis with a strained attempt to link Secretariat.

Make a crown. Or a robe like James Brown. A scepter. A silver goblet to drink Gatorade from.

If you're Louisville, how do you not have a custom Louisville Slugger?

Let the player pick a cheerleader or dance team member of their choice, carrying them off the field over their shoulder.

It'd go a looonnngggg way towards recruiting too.

c0a637a7b55092bc83dc04a028f41459.jpg

c17029f828bc23ff20bf8f9b5bee81fc-original.jpg

UK_EKU_9_9_17_05_cw.jpg

and just so no one gets knotted up over today's oddball movements;

images

Last edited:
No because it would be forced. These things work when they are created spontaneously. When you try to force a gimmick you end up with some idiot assistant coach holding up a trash can on the sideline to rally the troops.

We need to stop trying to force Kentucky things onto the team. That's how we got checkerboard unis with a strained attempt to link Secretariat.

Make a crown. Or a robe like James Brown. A scepter. A silver goblet to drink Gatorade from.

If you're Louisville, how do you not have a custom Louisville Slugger?
What? They already have theirs. It’s in a little purple, velvet bag.
But the bat is actually a cool idea for them
Maybe ours could be a gold coal miners pick.

Reactions: ukalum1988
The cup snake! The legend lives on! Its It's a spontaneous creation of the fans! And it's unique!

Teammates can carry the cup snake, along the side lines, and have it perform a slither in front of the winning player before being draped across his shoulders, while the crowd chants "SNAKE! SNAKE! SNAKE!"

Reactions: ukalum1988
VT honors Beamer by awarding the #25 Jersey to the impact player from the game before.
I thought this season UK could have done something like that with the #22 jersey in honor of Jared Lorenzen. Maybe next year?
I've never been a fan of the over the top tacky crap teams do. Turnover chain Sure as hell didnt help Miami this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT