ADVERTISEMENT

Should Michigan State be replaced in the champions classic?

How could you have IU in it and call it the blue blood classic. iU is trash and has been for several decades.
Explain "blueblood" to me. Is it overall? A 10 year period----20, 30 or 40?

Cannot argue IU has been trash---they have been. But just wanna understand the blueblood rules, protocols, membership requirements.

IU is Top 10 in ever major statistic--

NCAA titles----4th(5)
NCAA FF's----6th(8)
Championship games---6th(6)
NCAA Appearances---6th(41)
NCAA wins---7th(67)
All time wins----9th

One of two schools to have two coaches with multiple titles: Knight(3) and McCracken(2). Other school is UNC: Smith(2), Williams(3).

Its crazy to think IU is still among the Top 10 in all these catagories, despite being complete shit since 1994.

Again, just asking----Is BB membership a year by year thing? A decade thing? Or an ALL-TIME thing?

Reactions: Skyguyb27
Yet you keep responding. What other stupid topics will you post today?
It's only stupid to someone like you who have no brain. Go root for Michigan state you poser. You definitely aren't a UK fan. Quit hijacking my thread with your nonsense.

Cannot argue IU has been trash---they have been. But just wanna understand the blueblood rules, protocols, membership requirements.

NCAA titles----4th(5)
NCAA FF's----6th(8)
NCAA wins---7th(67)
All time wins----9th

One of two schools to have two coaches with multiple titles: Knight(3) and McCracken(2). Other school is UNC: Smith(2), Williams(3).

Its crazy to think IU is still among the Top 10 in all these catagories, despite being complete shit since 1994.

Again, just asking----Is BB membership a year by year thing? A decade thing? Or an ALL-TIME thing?
I think Indiana is a blueblood that has lost their way.

It's only stupid to someone like you who have no brain. Go root for Michigan state you poser. You definitely aren't a UK fan. Quit hijacking my thread with your nonsense.

I’m not a fan of anyone you goof, but I’ll call out stupidity. And if you don’t like your asinine posts being called out, don’t join a message board. You really aren’t too bright.

I’m not a fan of anyone you goof, but I’ll call out stupidity. And if you don’t like your asinine posts being called out, don’t join a message board. You really aren’t too bright.
Definitely not a fan of a good discussion, that's for sure. You cry too much and have too thin skin to be on a message board. Maybe Barney or Mickey Mouse might have one to suit your intellectual level? Lord knows you don't know when to sit out. Once again you = hijack.

NCAA titles----4th(5)
NCAA FF's----6th(8)
NCAA wins---7th(67)
All time wins----9th

I’d have to say it’s the overall the resume. I really can’t include IU as a blue blood when they haven’t won a championship in the last 35 years as well as barely having any relevancy in that time. They have quite a few years they can’t even win out in their own state. Perhaps if they had made deep runs with some questionable calls that cheated them etc ok but that’s not the case. Generally Speaking IU stinks it up pretty bad outside Assembly Call.

Not to mention the whole “the shot” thing. They honor a regular season moment like it’s a championship, which is hilarious considering that team only a few months later gave them the worst tournament beating they have ever had in history.

Most of the time only IU fans hold themselves in high reguard not the media or other fans discussing basketball, so I don’t think it’s just me. If the media and other fans looked at IU as a juggernaut at some point in the last 35+ years I’d be more enticed to reconsider but no one really does that.

I do enjoy you as a poster so this isn’t a shot at you.

Because historically they're probably the fifth or sixth best program all time. It's not hard to figure out why I included them. There's still a household name and they have a great fan base. It's either them or UConn.
They aren’t a household name. The fact you say that makes me wonder if you’re a IU fan tbh. Literally no one thinks they are a household name and if they weren’t rivals of UK no one here would ever even mention them.

I’d have to say it’s the overall the resume. I really can’t include IU as a blue blood when they haven’t won a championship in the last 35 years as well as barely having any relevancy in that time. They have quite a few years they can’t even win out in their own state. Perhaps if they had made deep runs with some questionable calls that cheated them etc ok but that’s not the case. Generally Speaking IU stinks it up pretty bad outside Assembly Call.

Not to mention the whole “the shot” thing. They honor a regular season moment like it’s a championship, which is hilarious considering that team only a few months later gave them the worst tournament beating they have ever had in history.

Most of the time only IU fans hold themselves in high reguard not the media or other fans discussing basketball, so I don’t think it’s just me. If the media and other fans looked at IU as a juggernaut at some point in the last 35+ years I’d be more enticed to reconsider but no one really does that.

I do enjoy you as a poster so this isn’t a shot at you.
If its overall, how is IU excluded? Not many schools have the overall resume IU does.

TBH, its not a relevant factor. I care more what IU does this year, than I do what they done 40 years ago.

I didnt take this is a shot...Lots of its true.

BTW, the IU/UK SW16 wasnt a beating. Probably UK's toughest game of the entire tournament. It was a 5 point game with roughly 6-7 minutes to go. 50-47 at halftime. That game was far from a beating.

If its overall, how is IU excluded? Not many schools have the overall resume IU does.

TBH, its not a relevant factor. I care more what IU does this year, than I do what they done 40 years ago.

I didnt take this is a shot...Lots of its true.

BTW, the IU/UK SW16 wasnt a beating. Probably UK's toughest game of the entire tournament. It was a 5 point game with roughly 6-7 minutes to go. 50-47 at halftime. That game was far from a beating.
Sorry I didn’t get back to you Borden, my daughter got sick and it’s been hectic here lately. Still wanna get together sometime whenever we get a chance to watch a game.

Add 4 teams (UConn, Arizona, Gonzaga, North Carolina) for example, and make it a 3 day tournament to start the season. Champions cup trophy 🏆. Why not?
Veterans Tourney and honor the soldiers that gave their life for this country.

Reactions: ukypug
Definitely not a fan of a good discussion, that's for sure. You cry too much and have too thin skin to be on a message board. Maybe Barney or Mickey Mouse might have one to suit your intellectual level? Lord knows you don't know when to sit out. Once again you = hijack.

You’re the one who literally can’t handle the discussion you clown, lol

You thought you had this bright idea and post it here and everyone would praise your post…except they didn’t. Take the loss on a horrible thread. Try and spin it all you want, but you know it’s true . Clown

You’re the one who literally can’t handle the discussion you clown, lol

You thought you had this bright idea and post it here and everyone would praise your post…except they didn’t. Take the loss on a horrible thread. Try and spin it all you want, but you know it’s true . Clown
You just don't give up. No one gives a damn about your little girl whining. Everyone else has provided good discussion. You wet your panties and you want to make sure everyone knows. Go bug someone else. This is my last reply to you.

Sorry I didn’t get back to you Borden, my daughter got sick and it’s been hectic here lately. Still wanna get together sometime whenever we get a chance to watch a game.
Eh maybe I didn’t phrase it correctly. I was thinking more about more points scored on IU that game than in history for IU in tournament history. And you can tout the 50 year old tournament resume all you want but the fact they haven’t been relevant for almost 40
years exclude them for blue blood. Blue bloods might have years here or there they stink it up but always in discussion for the hunt.

Eh maybe I didn’t phrase it correctly. I was thinking more about more points scored on IU that game than in history for IU in tournament history. And you can tout the 50 year old tournament resume all you want but the fact they haven’t been relevant for almost 40
years exclude them for blue blood. Blue bloods might have years here or there they stink it up but always in discussion for the hunt.
Think you quoted the wrong dude

Reactions: Skyguyb27
You just don't give up. No one gives a damn about your little girl whining. Everyone else has provided good discussion. You wet your panties and you want to make sure everyone knows. Go bug someone else. This is my last reply to you.

No, you just don’t like being called out. You thought everyone would jump for joy over your post

But I did some research for you. Kentucky and Michigan state are both 5-7 during the event and 2-2 against each other. So why should Michigan state be ousted from this event other than “you don’t like them in it”.

You won’t have an answer because you’re a clown.

It’s been said a lot, but only someone with zero self awareness would make such a comment. This has turned into an automatic and ugly L for UK annually. I dread this event and try to avoid watching. We know the outcome…

Every single thread turns into a pissing match. Where are the dang mods to take out the trash? It's constantly the same posters.
I started this thread to see if anyone was interested in seeing us play sometime other than Michigan State. There are lots of championship teams that are intriguing. Everyone has lots of good input except one butt hurt jackass who hasn't provided squat except for endless whining.

I started this thread to see if anyone was interested in seeing us play sometime other than Michigan State. There are lots of championship teams that are intriguing. Everyone has lots of good input except one butt hurt jackass who hasn't provided squat except for endless whining.

1) it’s not changing. You only want to change it because you don’t like Michigan state. So please stop with the “you’re whining and butt hurt BS”. You’re the twink that can’t handle someone calling you on something.

2) I gave you the records of Kentucky and Michigan state versus one another and against Duke and Kansas. The exact same. What did you provide? Oh yes, endless excuses.

3) I thought you weren’t going to reply anymore? You can’t help yourself. You were proven this thread is dumb and keep trying to justify yourself, but keep failing.

I’ll bet you keep replying because your feelings were hurt that no one jumped for joy at a post you thought everyone would kiss your ass over.

There are 2 preseason events and UK is the ONLY team in BOTH ! One has KU , Duke and MSU. The other has UCLA , UNC and OSU . IF ANY team is questionable as a blue blood ---- it is OSU , by a mile !!!
Why are you calling it a "pre" season event? The season is started, there's nothing "Pre" about it at this point. The games count, they are regular season games. Pre season would be the Exhibitions.

They've only won one championship right? I mean yeah, they could easily replace them with UConn. Villanova?

I like the Champions Classic and would keep it as is right now. The CBS Classic is the one I wish would stop. I’d rather do a home/home with unc.

Conference opponents aren't going to play each other in a early season "classic".
Duke/UNC nope
Michigan State/ Indiana/ Ohio State don't think so.
Kansas/Arizona not going to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT