ADVERTISEMENT

Should Michigan State be replaced in the champions classic?

I like the idea of keeping the original four teams as is. I have thought of why North Carolina was not one of the original teams selected instead of Michigan State. Then you'd actually have the four true blue bloods (at least in my mind) in the Champions Classic.

I like the idea of keeping the original four teams as is. I have thought of why North Carolina was not one of the original teams selected instead of Michigan State. Then you'd actually have the four true blue bloods (at least in my mind) in the Champions Classic.
Because Duke is in it . Plus , UNC is the other pre season event UK is in . The real question is why Ohio State is involved in it

Because Duke is in it . Plus , UNC is the other pre season event UK is in . The real question is why Ohio State is involved in it
OSU isn’t. They are in the CBS event same as UNC. CBS event is UK, UCLA, UNC, OSU.

KY, Kansas, Duke, MSU. MSU should be dropped for UConn or a west coast team (not UCLA bc they are also in the CBS)

The fact that we are the only team included in the 2 biggest CBB events that together cover every blueblood is further evidence that we are historically the biggest brand and top dog in CBB despite the last 5 years.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
OSU isn’t. They are in the CBS event same as UNC. CBS event is UK, UCLA, UNC, OSU.

KY, Kansas, Duke, MSU. MSU should be dropped for UConn or a west coast team (not UCLA bc they are also in the CBS)

The fact that we are the only team included in the 2 biggest CBB events that together cover every blueblood is further evidence that we are historically the biggest brand and top dog in CBB despite the last 5 years.
If they switch Indiana for Ohio State, it would make more sense.

Then you'd have UK, UCLA, UNC, and Indiana in one tourney; and UK, MSU, Duke, and Kansas in the other.

How awesome would it be to have a yearly tournament where you had UK, Kansas, UNC, Duke, UCLA, Indiana, UConn, and Michigan State?

They could call it the "Blueblood Classic." Have it every year at Thanksgiving. Ratings would be solid. Everyone's at home with their extended families watching America's premier program clash during Thanksgiving week.

Reactions: Jdhays21
Add 4 teams (UConn, Arizona, Gonzaga, North Carolina) for example, and make it a 3 day tournament to start the season. Champions cup trophy 🏆. Why not?

Add 4 teams (UConn, Arizona, Gonzaga, North Carolina) for example, and make it a 3 day tournament to start the season. Champions cup trophy 🏆. Why not?
UNC cant be added. Because it goes against ACC rules. You can't play conference opponents in non-con.

Reactions: Jdhays21
Michigan State doesn't interest me. They have very little history. I think Connecticut would be more fun. But keep thinking that anyone gives a damn about your off base opinions.
Lol, so Michigan State should be ousted, but Kentucky, who has been so stellar these past few seasons, should stay.

Sometimes Kentucky fans need to realize their shit stinks like everyone else’s and think before making silly posts.

Hell Kentucky should be replaced with the way they have played in the champions classic recently. I rather get rid of the champion classic and the cbs sports classic. Play home & homes with good teams and enter in-season tourneys like the Maui and the battle for Atlantis

Cal would never agree to do that. Same reason we don’t play events like Maui anymore. He hates the tourney format, he only wants to do these things if it’s a single stand alone game.

If they switch Indiana for Ohio State, it would make more sense.

Then you'd have UK, UCLA, UNC, and Indiana in one tourney; and UK, MSU, Duke, and Kansas in the other.

How awesome would it be to have a yearly tournament where you had UK, Kansas, UNC, Duke, UCLA, Indiana, UConn, and Michigan State?

They could call it the "Blueblood Classic." Have it every year at Thanksgiving. Ratings would be solid. Everyone's at home with their extended families watching America's premier program clash during Thanksgiving week.
How could you have IU in it and call it the blue blood classic. iU is trash and has been for several decades.

Michigan State doesn't interest me. They have very little history. I think Connecticut would be more fun. But keep thinking that anyone gives a damn about your off base opinions.

First, read these comments and come back to “off base comments”. And don’t post asinine things and not expect rebuttal you goof

Second, it doesn’t matter if Michigan state doesn’t appeal to you. They’re not playing to stroke your ego. Go start your own tournament.

How could you have IU in it and call it the blue blood classic. iU is trash and has been for several decades.
Because historically they're probably the fifth or sixth best program all time. It's not hard to figure out why I included them. There's still a household name and they have a great fan base. It's either them or UConn.

First, read these comments and come back to “off base comments”. And don’t post asinine things and not expect rebuttal you goof

Second, it doesn’t matter if Michigan state doesn’t appeal to you. They’re not playing to stroke your ego. Go start your own tournament.
Go cry on your own thread little girl. Leave the discussion here to the grown ups. This is a discussion board after all. Don't like the topic, don't respond.

I use to think it should be UNC instead of Mich st. But honestly, Michigan st has been better than Kentucky . Kent that’s been the worst of the 4 teams
I can see why UNC isn't included because of the Duke thing. Maybe Indiana. We have history with them and it would keep us from having to play in Ass hall.

The sign of a losing argument when a clown posts “let the grown ups talk”.

“sniff, I don’t like Michigan state in this game, so they should get rid of them. Sniff.”

Dumb ass clown.
And you are still here. I guess you are too stupid to take a hint?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT