ADVERTISEMENT

Sheppard’s FT-shooting

megablue

All-SEC
Oct 2, 2012
I believe he has ice water in his veins at the line, no question, and I definitely like seeing him there at crunch time. I am curious … does anyone know what his FT% was during high school ?? Was he closer to 90% or 80% ?? I am just curious … same for his 3PT% … what did he shoot ??

Thanks, in advance, to anyone who might provide the information.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I believe he has ice water in his veins at the line, no question, and I definitely like seeing him there at crunch time. I am curious … does anyone know what his FT% was during high school ?? Was he closer to 90% or 80% ?? I am just curious … same for his 3PT% … what did he shoot ??

Thanks, in advance, to anyone who might provide the information.
He’s at 80% I think. Good but not great. Remember IQ was at like 92% 4 years ago.

His senior year of high school he shot 113/127 on FT’s for 89.0% and 103/262 on 3’s for 39.3%.
THANK YOU, again, for this information. These are very good percentages, imho. Because he is cool, calm, collected and focused, I can see how he has been able to shoot as well as he has on the bigger stage. Great to see it ... not a surprise !!

What do you have against Reed? Every comment you have made about him has been in a negative light.
They have? Which ones?

Pretty sure I have referred to him as great at defending passing lanes and having great anticipation and a high IQ. I have also mentioned he isn't a strong on-ball defender, probably lacks the size to play a 3, and that he needs to gain strength.

75% isn't a bad %, particularly for a freshman, but it is down a bit from earlier in the year when he was around 90% and down from is current season average of 80%.

When did being honest become being negative?

They have? Which ones?

Pretty sure I have referred to him as great at defending passing lanes and having great anticipation and a high IQ. I have also mentioned he isn't a strong on-ball defender, probably lacks the size to play a 3, and that he needs to gain strength.

75% isn't a bad %, particularly for a freshman, but it is down a bit from earlier in the year when he was around 90% and down from is current season average of 80%.

When did being honest become being negative?
To say someone is only shooting 75% in conference play comes off negative. You are throwing shade with the only word thrown in. You are correct though, 75% is not bad but he has still not missed a free throw when they are needed to ice the game or force OT. Choose any one player off this team to hit two free throws or even 3 free throws to win a game I’m putting shep out there every single time.

To say someone is only shooting 75% in conference play comes off negative. You are throwing shade with the only word thrown in. You are correct though, 75% is not bad but he has still not missed a free throw when they are needed to ice the game or force OT. Choose any one player off this team to hit two free throws or even 3 free throws to win a game I’m putting shep out there every single time.
Agree with this. He’s missed a couple in late game situations where the game was out of reach, and missed one on purpose.

Edit to add: the difference between an 80% and a 90% shooter is just that little bit of extra focus on every single attempt, even when they don’t “matter.”

Reactions: treyforuk
You're just nit picking on something to complain about. He was just stating a fact. 75 percent is still pretty good.

Reactions: NociHTTP
You're just nit picking on something to complain about. He was just stating a fact. 75 percent is still pretty good.
Not nit picking at all. I have history with this poster from a thread the other day saying that shep also missed a free throw that had he hit we also win the game which was obviously incorrect. The post I have seen from him regarding shep have all been negative in nature as was this one.

Saying that you would only choose Sheppard is negative to all the other players applying your logic.

Considering the 75% is his lowest point, I am not sure how it suggest anything other than he is in fact only shooting 75% compared to the 90% he was putting up, or is 80% season average. Sounds like maybe you just have a boner for Reed.

Saying that you would only choose Sheppard is negative to all the other players applying your logic.

Considering the 75% is his lowest point, I am not sure how it suggest anything other than he is in fact only shooting 75% compared to the 90% he was putting up, or is 80% season average. Sounds like maybe you just have a boner for Reed.
Actually it’s just nice to be able to watch a fundamentally sound basketball player for a change. He makes his fair share of mistakes for certain but that doesn’t take away from the many positives he brings to the floor. You’re still pissed because I called you out the other day for saying reeds missed free throw cost us the game. And if you don’t want Reed on the line moreso than anyone else with the game on the line your just as big of a moron as cal is.

Actually it’s just nice to be able to watch a fundamentally sound basketball player for a change. He makes his fair share of mistakes for certain but that doesn’t take away from the many positives he brings to the floor. You’re still pissed because I called you out the other day for saying reeds missed free throw cost us the game. And if you don’t want Reed on the line moreso than anyone else with the game on the line your just as big of a moron as cal is.
Lol, dude, you're the one who just admitted to stalking me in this thread because of what you called a "history", yet I am the one that is angry?

I honestly didn't even remember you! This is an anonymous forum about basketball, on the internet. I really don't take it that seriously. Clearly, you do!

I want the best FT shooter on the team at the line. That happens to be Reeves. Wanting anyone else is moronic.

Lol, dude, you're the one who just admitted to stalking me in this thread because of what you called a "history", yet I am the one that is angry?

I honestly didn't even remember you! This is an anonymous forum about basketball, on the internet. I really don't take it that seriously. Clearly, you do!

I want the best FT shooter on the team at the line. That happens to be Reeves. Wanting anyone else is moronic.
Stalking? You and I have been trading messages for the past 2 days regarding shep and your previous username. If you don’t remember me after trading about 10 messages in 24 hours or so then you have more issues than just thinking Reed intentionally missing one free throw down by 3 points with .02 to go cost us the game. And reeves may be the best percentage FT shooter on our team does not mean he’s the best in the clutch. If you are going to participate in basketball discussion at least learn the game.

Makes you wonder why he he was inbounding the ball late last game. 🤷‍♂️
Because he is our best inbounder by a long shot and no one shoots free throws if you don’t get the ball in. You want Shep to inbound it to reeves and then maybe get it back. I would be open to Mitchell inbounding it although i think he is a pretty good safety valve on the inbounds as well.

Stalking? You and I have been trading messages for the past 2 days regarding shep and your previous username. If you don’t remember me after trading about 10 messages in 24 hours or so then you have more issues than just thinking Reed intentionally missing one free throw down by 3 points with .02 to go cost us the game. And reeves may be the best percentage FT shooter on our team does not mean he’s the best in the clutch. If you are going to participate in basketball discussion at least learn the game.
Lol, dude, I really don't remember anonymous strangers on the internet. Clearly it's all a lot more important and memorable to you!

I certainly don't recall trading messages with anyone for the last 2 days. Until you messaged me about an hour ago, I don't recall speaking with you at all. I did have a discussion either Thursday or yesterday regarding Dillingham being the right call to take the FTs, and both he and Reed missing 1 a piece that impact the outcome. Both facts remain the same for me. Both are irrelevant to the fact Reed allowed a wide open 3pt shooter to drain a 3 at the end of the game and in OT. If you were part of that conversation, cool! If not, cool! It really isn't something I spend time thinking about. Clearly this is something that had been bothering you, and I hope you're able to find some peace with that, truly!

Reeves is the most clutch. That's why he takes the most and makes the most. He has 333 makes on 419 for his career, and he is 64 of 73 this year. Reed is 37 of 46 for his career. Even Helen Keller could see it should be Reeves.

When you seek out posters in one thread to address what you called a "history" from something you disagreed with them previously saying in another thread, that certainly comes across as stalking. Maybe that's normal behavior for you?

Sorry you are having trouble letting it go!

Last edited:
Reactions: Doodah859
Missed the last one on purpose take that away and he is 37/45 (82%) on the year but most importantly he was...
6/6 in the final 30 seconds at Florida
2/2 in the final second at A&M

Reed or Reeves needs to be shooting all FT's in the final 30 seconds of games when other team is fouling on purpose

Reactions: Aike and gharding07
Because he is our best inbounder by a long shot and no one shoots free throws if you don’t get the ball in. You want Shep to inbound it to reeves and then maybe get it back. I would be open to Mitchell inbounding it although i think he is a pretty good safety valve on the inbounds as well.
Ok, then why did our best inbounder throw the inbound pass to Dilly? If he was the only one open, maybe a coach should have had an inbounds play drawn up? Who shoots the free throws is more important IMO. Heck, Shep won the game at Florida making six in a row. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

Missed the last one on purpose take that away and he is 37/45 (82%) on the year but most importantly he was...
6/6 in the final 30 seconds at Florida
2/2 in the final second at A&M

Reed or Reeves needs to be shooting all FT's in the final 30 seconds of games when other team is fouling on purpose

Agreed. Dilly as the 3rd option only.

I just find it hard to believe mitchell is incapable of inbounding the ball in late game situations and that reeves or Reed are incapable of getting open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT