ADVERTISEMENT

Seth Davis predictions for 2016 - check out #1 and 10....

Mojocat

All-American
Jan 29, 2003
Stranded in the Atlanta airport. Merry Christmas! Anyway, 2 of Davis' predictions are interesting:

1. The next NCAA champion will not have a lineup dominated by freshmen. The reason is that this season’s freshmen are simply not as good as the classes from the recent past.

If true, probably is, isn't that the best way to predict any given UK season under Cal? Tell me how strong the class is, I'll tell you what kind of year we're likely to have. Not complaining, btw, I'm not nearly stupid or ungrateful enough to complain about 80%+ winning, 4 final fours, a title...

More interesting is this one:

10. Both North Carolina and Louisville will be hit with major penalties once their current NCAA cases reach their conclusion.

First prediction I've seen like that. He's pretty connected.

http://www.si.com/college-basketbal...eview-2016-predictions-jahlil-okafor-freshmen

I love the bit about KU will win it's 12th straight B-12 and "still won't get enough appreciation for it". The talking heads never shut up about it. I don't know what he wants.

10 is not going to happen. Each scandal is so blatant that there is nothing to investigate that would take so long especially the UNC one.

We will start 5 Freshman next season and waltz to the Title.

I like our chances but a NC fan said in another thread that k is trying to get Wendell Carter to reclassify. Would give them a frontline of Tatum, Giles and carter.
That rat is working overtime since cal did the unimaginable and pulled in monk and bam to wrap up the class.
Add in bolden is still a possibility.

I like our chances but a NC fan said in another thread that k is trying to get Wendell Carter to reclassify. Would give them a frontline of Tatum, Giles and carter.
That rat is working overtime since cal did the unimaginable and pulled in monk and bam to wrap up the class.
Add in bolden is still a possibility.
I don't see anything about Carter reclassifying on the Duke board.

For #10, and maybe for the first time, I can agree with Seth and hope he is well connected.

Same.

I don't see anything about Carter reclassifying on the Duke board.

I did see a thread about it on Duke's scout board, which is far more busy than their rivals board. So maybe Krzyzewski is trying it, but don't ask me if it has any chance of happening. I'm not one of these guys with inside recruiting information.

And i have no doubt that k is all in and will do whatever he can to keep up with Cal

I don't know how much longer Calipari plans on coaching, but my guess is Krzyzewski will take Duke into the early 2020s (5 to 7 years) and then ride off into the sunset. He likely has far less time in the game given that in February, he's turning 69 while Cal turns 57.

You realize when he's talking about 2016 it has nothing to do with the Giles class right?? He's talking about the next title which is in April.. The next class most likely will have a champion with freshman

Reactions: LetsHang#9
And i have no doubt that k is all in and will do whatever he can to keep up with Cal

That's why he gets paid. Good recruiter, good coach, will always win many games.
BTW, expect Duke to only lose Jefferson, MP3. and Ingram this year.(is Jones a Sr.?)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT