ADVERTISEMENT

SEC teams in the NCAA tournament, your predictions?

runt#69

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2010
Maricopa, AZ.
The SEC gets 8 teams in the tournament field. Good showing for the conference!
What are your predictions and thoughts on what the SEC is looking at?

Alabama 1 seed in the south : I Really don't like their chances coming out of this bracket to make a Final Four appearance. Sweet sixteen loss to Virginia looms on the horizon for them in my book. IF they can get that far, and no upsets on the other side of their bracket, I can see Baylor or Arizona either one being able to beat them.

Missouri 7 seed in the south : I like them in the first round game but not entirely sold on that.t Arizona ends them certainly, if they make it that far.

Auburn 9 seed in the Midwest : They're not playing well at all. it's a 50/50 shot to beat Iowa, but Houston should most certainly end them there, should they make it that far.

Texas A&M as a 7 seed : How do you finish second in the SEC, make the SECT finals, only to end up a 7 seed with Kentucky, UT, Bama, all seeded ahead and Missouri equal to them in the national seed line? I don't know how that happens, I suppose the knock is their OOC strength of schedule. But damn, raw deal nonetheless. Very interesting they potentially get Texas in the second game, too. Tell me the NCAA S.C. doesn't look at potential storylines when they make this shit up! LOL ! A&M got rimwrecked with this draw.

Mississippi State 11 seed play in game : Great they got a bid. I can't see them getting past Iowa State if they win the play in game, though.

Arkansas 8 seed. Another 50/50 matchup in the first round against Illini. Kansas licking chops for some BBQ hog in second game. Tough draw for Arkansas. Sorry ThreeHognight.

Tennessee a 4 seed in our region. It figures. I'm sure the NCAATSC would love to see UT make it to play Kentucky for the third time this year, if both teams could make it that far. Won't happen though. UT got a rough draw with red hot Duke staring at them. Not a good deal for the volunteers.

Kentucky a 6 seed ? We got the best deal of the entire SEC draw. Doable side of our bracket with a legit shot of going REALLY DEEP. If not for the fact we got CCC and the team is neurotically unpredictable, I honestly don't know what they will do. I'd love to say make it to the sweet sixteen. But getting the heave ho in the first game is just as likely. How could we not feel any other way, at this point?

With the exception of Alabama making it to the sweet sixteen, I really do not see a single other SEC team making it that far. And I'm not even sure if Bama' will make it THAT far. It would be a total hoot to see KENTUCKY make it to the sweet sixteen as the sole surviving SEC team this year. ONCE AGAIN. Seems impossible, but as crazy as it would be, it could actually happen.
.0000000000001 chance of that happening, but hey, I'm saying :

WE GOT A CHANCE ! lol !

Go Big Blue !

Tennessee always seems to lose early. Bama could have a hard 2nd game (but should win), Mizzou hard to read just like UK. Arkansas could make sweet 16. Texas AM should be mad and play like it. Might get to 2nd weekend. Auburn (do not expect much). Kentucky could get to sweet 16 or lose first game again. Miss State will probably lose the play in game.

Reactions: runt#69 and deep3
I think maybe 1 or 2 make it the Sweet 16/Elite 8. Bama has the best shot of making the Final Four of the 8 I think. But I never trust the SEC in the ncaa tournament. They benefit most years from trash home wins thanks to inconsistent officiating. Plus the past few seasons, it seems to be a conference of athletes. Once they hit some teams that actually play basketball, they seem to struggle and be a big disappointment

Reactions: runt#69 and ACTSEAN
Auburn is in great shape because they'll get Houston without Marcus Sasser in Birmingham Alabama. 3

Arkansas can pose a problem just because of who their coach is. They shouldn't be an easy win. 1-2

Tennessee ain't doing nothing. Suck a turd orange lovers. ZERO

Texas A&m should be able to win a couple games and challenge to make the elite 8. 2-3.

Kentucky has an easy road if they take care of business to elite 8. 3 maybe 6 "lol go big blue"

Alabama's going to have to earn it and escape the referees. 2... maybe 4. Not 5.

Mississippi State plays good defense so I will take them to win at least one game. The play-in. 1.

Missouri has Kobe Brown and that should help them win at least one game. Maybe 2

No championship from the league unless it's Kentucky imo. All others will lose at some point most likely including the cats.

So I see the SEC going 7-1 in the first round. Starts to unravel after that

Last edited:
Reactions: runt#69
I don’t think Virginia will even make it to the Sweet 16 to play Bama Furman is a trendy pick to beat them in the 1st round and UVA is only a 5 point favorite.

I see Bama making it to atleast the Elite 8. I think Tennessee is the 2nd most likely team to make it to the Sweet 16/Elite 8 even though they tend to flame out early. I think we have a good shot to make the Sweet 16 but Marquette would be an extremely tough game. Don’t see any others making a run. I think Mizzou Auburn and Arkansas lose their first games

Tennessee a 4 seed in our region. It figures. I'm sure the NCAATSC would love to see UT make it to play Kentucky for the third time this year, if both teams could make it that far. Won't happen though. UT got a rough draw with red hot Duke staring at them.

I’ll be rooting for UT. I dislike UT. But I haaaate Dook.

Alabama has an easy draw to me. If they don't beat themselves I think they are final 4 bound.

All the others are who cares other than UK. None in great position to make sweet 16.

The SEC gets 8 teams in the tournament field. Good showing for the conference!
What are your predictions and thoughts on what the SEC is looking at?

Alabama 1 seed in the south : I Really don't like their chances coming out of this bracket to make a Final Four appearance. Sweet sixteen loss to Virginia looms on the horizon for them in my book. IF they can get that far, and no upsets on the other side of their bracket, I can see Baylor or Arizona either one being able to beat them.

Missouri 7 seed in the south : I like them in the first round game but not entirely sold on that.t Arizona ends them certainly, if they make it that far.

Auburn 9 seed in the Midwest : They're not playing well at all. it's a 50/50 shot to beat Iowa, but Houston should most certainly end them there, should they make it that far.

Texas A&M as a 7 seed : How do you finish second in the SEC, make the SECT finals, only to end up a 7 seed with Kentucky, UT, Bama, all seeded ahead and Missouri equal to them in the national seed line? I don't know how that happens, I suppose the knock is their OOC strength of schedule. But damn, raw deal nonetheless. Very interesting they potentially get Texas in the second game, too. Tell me the NCAA S.C. doesn't look at potential storylines when they make this shit up! LOL ! A&M got rimwrecked with this draw.

Mississippi State 11 seed play in game : Great they got a bid. I can't see them getting past Iowa State if they win the play in game, though.

Arkansas 8 seed. Another 50/50 matchup in the first round against Illini. Kansas licking chops for some BBQ hog in second game. Tough draw for Arkansas. Sorry ThreeHognight.

Tennessee a 4 seed in our region. It figures. I'm sure the NCAATSC would love to see UT make it to play Kentucky for the third time this year, if both teams could make it that far. Won't happen though. UT got a rough draw with red hot Duke staring at them. Not a good deal for the volunteers.

Kentucky a 6 seed ? We got the best deal of the entire SEC draw. Doable side of our bracket with a legit shot of going REALLY DEEP. If not for the fact we got CCC and the team is neurotically unpredictable, I honestly don't know what they will do. I'd love to say make it to the sweet sixteen. But getting the heave ho in the first game is just as likely. How could we not feel any other way, at this point?

With the exception of Alabama making it to the sweet sixteen, I really do not see a single other SEC team making it that far. And I'm not even sure if Bama' will make it THAT far. It would be a total hoot to see KENTUCKY make it to the sweet sixteen as the sole surviving SEC team this year. ONCE AGAIN. Seems impossible, but as crazy as it would be, it could actually happen.
.0000000000001 chance of that happening, but hey, I'm saying :

WE GOT A CHANCE ! lol !

Go Big Blue !
Excellent post and analysis!! Thanks for that. Reviews like this is how I learn.
Go Cats!!!!!+

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT