ADVERTISEMENT

Seth Davis doesn't Think highly of us

I have it on good authority that both Gary Parrish and Seth Davis read this board.

Let them hear it.

One could fit Seth Davis’ knowledge of basketball on the smallest of paper and store it in a thimble.
But I kind of agree that the Cats are a shaky top 25 team at best, AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON!

When they get their entire roster back and healthy and get some more big game experience (this level is still very new to these youngsters) things will improve.
When March arrives and it’s tourney time UK will be right there in the middle of the action.

Reactions: Calsthebomb
The level of hyperbole with this team is worse than most years. Beat Viriginia tech and everyone talks about how great were going to be by the end of the year. Lose to UCLA and were complete ass, not deserving of being in the top 25 and might as well give up on the year. Were the youngest weve ever been, we all knew wed take losses we shouldnt lose going into the year. Its the nature of the beast. If you dont think were still a top 25 after losing to a UCLA team that was hot (effing welsh was like 3 if 4) then youre a complete pansy in my book. Suck it up. Y'all will be making 30 new threads about our potential badassary after we best Louisville.

Parrish and Davis are padding their clicks while they’re off for the holidays. Don’t give em to them.

We have 2 losses. Why shouldn’t we be ranked?
Why would we be? This is a glorified aau team at this point. Would they even win aau tourneys? Pathetic performance against ucla and couldn’t beat a depleted Kansas team. Maybe we will get better, but right now it appears they are more concerned about getting the year over with and on to the nba or overseas. Hopefully, they were embarrassed by their play yesterday, but I kind of doubt it. Lots of guys playing for the name on the back, rather the front. I know, I’m a troll for seeing this.

we lost to not great kansas and not good ucla. but both could make the tourney. 2 losses 11 games in and preseason top 10 ranked, with losses on neutral floors we should still be ranked in the top 25. teams like msubusually have to lose 6 times to make it out. maybe there's just parody but we should definitely be ranked.

Reactions: kartmd
Why would we be? This is a glorified aau team at this point. Would they even win aau tourneys? Pathetic performance against ucla and couldn’t beat a depleted Kansas team. Maybe we will get better, but right now it appears they are more concerned about getting the year over with and on to the nba or overseas. Hopefully, they were embarrassed by their play yesterday, but I kind of doubt it. Lots of guys playing for the name on the back, rather the front. I know, I’m a troll for seeing this.

You’re probably right. Just simply looking at all the teams around the country and I still think a 2 loss UK team should be ranked. There’s a lot of flawed not so great teams this year. UNC just lost to Wofford and will most definitely still be ranked. Miami just lost to New Mexico State and will be ranked. I’ve been ragging on this team all year but I still think we will be ranked. I just really hope we right this ship so we don’t have to call this a rebuilding season.

You’re probably right. Just simply looking at all the teams around the country and I still think a 2 loss UK team should be ranked. There’s a lot of flawed not so great teams this year. UNC just lost to Wofford and will most definitely still be ranked. Miami just lost to New Mexico State and will be ranked. I’ve been ragging on this team all year but I still think we will be ranked. I just really hope we right this ship so we don’t have to call this a rebuilding season.

You can only rebuild if most of the players stay

Reactions: Leafroot
Seth Davis is a peter puffer...

s_davis.gif

Reactions: CGblue and brianpoe
Should we be?
I agree, until we buckle down and give a lil effort on D, have a desire to win, and actually beat someone good, maybe we shouldn't be ranked. Sucks, I don't like it but it's where we are as a program.

Hopefully we retain some of this roster next year and cross your fingers we snag Zion. If this happens we should be sitting pretty.

I used to read some of his tweets a couple years ago. It didn’t take long to see he was one of those guys who had the book smarts to get through school but not enough walking around sense to go take a piss. He’s either incapable of rationality or completely ignorant of everything outside of his small bubble. His take on college basketball holds as much weight as a random drunken bum on the corner.

I'm down on them to not very impressed 0-2 vs teams with an actual heartbeat. Zion is a must and hopefully Wiseman reclasses and we become a dominat next year. You think about it we have only 3-4 dominant teams under Cal Wall's, Davis, Platoon, Maybe last years team.... The other teams pretty much average but got hot in March, few of them that is. I am ready to see a team that is just Dominant no matter if we play alcorn tech holy state of the blind or Duke! So yes I am down and like beating KU, UCLA etc... If we want a 1-2 seeds those are must wins. I think our ceiling as of now is maybe a 2 seed but can see us a 4-8 seed etc.. We better get it together..

Reactions: TheWyldKat
What happened to the ability to have reasonable debate? I mean, I get the fact that the internet is an absolute cesspool, but it’s still sad that people can’t have a reasonable disagreement without it devolving into just a bunch of mindless insults.

There is very little discussion about why uk is ( or, I’m my opinion isn’t) a top 25 team. It’s just that this guy is an idiot or an asshat or whatever other insult someone can throw out. Are there people who have an agenda against us? sure. But you don’t have to have an agenda to look at this team and have serious questions.

They have played a weak schedule. They have lost 2 of the 3 games they have played outside Rupp, and none of those was an actual road game. They have played 3 good/above average teams and lost to two of them. They are decent in many facets of the game, but aren’t elite in any of them and are a horrendous man-to-man defensive squad. We are incredibly young, but the talent is not the super elite level that it has been. None of that adds up to a top 25 team at this point in the traditional sense (though it can be argued this is a tremendously down year for college basketball).

Can they get better? Absolutely. Will they get better? History says almost certainly. But are they a good team right now? It would take some really blue glasses to reach that conclusion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT