ADVERTISEMENT

We might move up higher than I thought

Just a quick Twitter search of AP voters ballots for tomorrow’s rankings.

Seth Davis put UK at #5 along with another voter doing the same.

Two voters put us at #7, and a couple at #8.

Interesting to see where we land.
Here’s one:

We have looked great, lots of media on us to make a run. “Scariest” team in the field. I think especially if we win the SECT that we could possibly get a 2 seed now. Most likely a 3 but we will see.

Nobody wants a piece of this UK team the last 5 games! I know I’m getting ahead of myself but it’s the Cat in me but I feel 9 more straight wins…. Ok one can dream right we are due….
I remember when that 2011 UConn team heated up late. I'm hoping this UK team can do the same, and we can close out dominating in March and April. We have the pieces. Just need to play halfway coherent defense the rest of the way out.

Here’s one:

Biggest problem is the AP voters who had us in the low 20s in last weeks polls. Unless they've jumped us high those way too low votes will hold us back on ranking even when some have us top 5. Mostly Big 10 Homer's who have been ranking us super low.

Reactions: plumdog69
Nobody wants a piece of this UK team the last 5 games! I know I’m getting ahead of myself but it’s the Cat in me but I feel 9 more straight wins…. Ok one can dream right we are due….
I hope so, but I'd be pleased with a Final Four appearance with a solid, competitive showing there. I'll be ecstatic to make it to the final game, though.

Heck, I don’t like playing A&M in our first SECT game. They play a very physical game where players get hurt.
Maybe it will be fairly officiated...

black-man-laugh.gif

Win the SECT inspite of Cal, hate to have to say that but everyone else loves the tourney including the players. Can’t understand why he has to continuously say how much he hates it, just smile and give some good pr vs being a butt about it all the time. It’s like the guy at work that gets all the breaks and then complains cause his French fries touched his burger, just hush and not say anything lol.

Here’s one:

Bozich has UK at 6

Would love any run:
Rob - Kemba
Sheppard - DiVincenzo
Reeves - Kyle Guy
Wagner - Napier

I think thats why this team could be so dangerous. All those guys you list were kind of the "only" guy on those teams. Like, freshman Ryan Boatright wasn't going to drop 30 on that Shabazz team, it was really just going to be Napier.

Not so with this team, it could be any of those guys. Heck it could be two or three of them. Not to menntion you still have Edwards as a threat to score 30.

I think this is probably going to be the most talented backcourt in modern day college basketball. Assuming their draft positions are a fairly true indicator, you're looking at 4 guards/wings (or 3 if you dont want to include Edwards), who could be starting caliber players in the NBA, with Reed and Dilly as potential allstar types. That's not even including Reeves.

So for comparison, who do we think is close to this group in the last ten, twenty years?

2015 Kentucky - Twins, Ulis Booker? I don't think so.
2017 Nova - Brunson, Divenchenzo, and Hart? Talented for sure, but physically limited. Two of them are more reserve type players in the NBA.
2010 Kentucky - Wall/Bledsoe/Miller/Liggins? Maybe the closest grouping, but Miller and Liggins weren't quite the talent as DJ and Edwards are.

Who else is even close? There are going to be NBA teams, this year, who have less talented back courts.. let that sink in.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I think thats why this team could be so dangerous. All those guys you list were kind of the "only" guy on those teams. Like, freshman Ryan Boatright wasn't going to drop 30 on that Shabazz team, it was really just going to be Napier.

Not so with this team, it could be any of those guys. Heck it could be two or three of them. Not to menntion you still have Edwards as a threat to score 30.
This! This is exactly what makes this team so dangerous. Any given night we have 5/6 guys that can drop 25/30 points. Hell, 2/3 of those guys come off the bench.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
2/3 seed doesn't make much difference in the big picture... as many have said, its about matchups.. and with upsets in earlier rounds you never know.

Lets see if UK and Calipari can get the March Mojo back. Its been too long.

• Love
6. Kentucky (22-9) — Prepare for a BBN takeover of Nashville. Who has a better collection of offensive perimeter players?

Someone may need to tell Bozich that UK is 23-8.. not 22-9.

Biggest problem is the AP voters who had us in the low 20s in last weeks polls. Unless they've jumped us high those way too low votes will hold us back on ranking even when some have us top 5. Mostly Big 10 Homer's who have been ranking us super low.
A quick glance shows the following guys voted us 20 or lower:

NR - Kellis Robinett - Wichita
20 - Scott Richey - Champaign
20 - Todd Golden - Bloomington

You were right with 2 of them being B10 guys. However, the guys that have come out already and said where they put us:

Seth Davis - 5 - had us at 16 last week
Dave Borges - 5 - had us at 13 last week
Rick Bozich - 6 - had us at 14 last week

I think those type of moves are going to take us higher than most think too.

6. Kentucky (22-9) — Prepare for a BBN takeover of Nashville. Who has a better collection of offensive perimeter players?

Someone may need to tell Bozich that UK is 23-8.. not 22-9.
Also that Alabama is pretty decent, definitely top 25. I would rank Bama ahead of Auburn.

Hopefully the K-State writer who simply "forgot" to include us in his top 25 remembers this time.

A quick glance shows the following guys voted us 20 or lower:

NR - Kellis Robinett - Wichita
20 - Scott Richey - Champaign
20 - Todd Golden - Bloomington

You were right with 2 of them being B10 guys. However, the guys that have come out already and said where they put us:

Seth Davis - 5 - had us at 16 last week
Dave Borges - 5 - had us at 13 last week
Rick Bozich - 6 - had us at 14 last week

I think those type of moves are going to take us higher than most think too.
Not ranked?! wtf! Lmfao goodness!

Here’s one:

I think UK's finish of winning 7 of 8 (only loss on a fluky tip in at LSU) shows they're clearly a top 10 team. If you thought Tennessee was a top 5 team and possibly a 1-seed going into that game (and they were clearly playing like it), beating them on their home floor should prove to anyone how dangerous this UK team is. This is obviously one of the best 10 teams in the nation. Who else in the top 10 could have won this game?

Having said all this, the polls never agree with me. 😀

Reactions: blubo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT