ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-Final Final Four Saturday night games

Feb 9, 2011
The Oats Hurley link is interesting. I hope Alabama wins. And unlike many on this board, I want Purdue to win. I don't dislike NC State but they are from the ACC.

charles-barkley-blimp.jpg

I was hoping.this was played but I guess not.

The Oats Hurley link is interesting. I hope Alabama wins. And unlike many on this board, I want Purdue to win. I don't dislike NC State but they are from the ACC.
I'm for Purdue for that same reason as well as the two best bullets left in the Chamber IMO to stop UCONN are Alabama (obviously) and Purdue.

Pulling for NC State to win it all.

UConn is the worst possible one
Bama would be next.
Followed by Purdue.

I don't hate Purdue, but I can't stand the media slurp they've got over the past few years. Plus they are B1G. That conference is about like Tennessee fans as a whole. Undeserved arrogance.

Go Wolfpack. Would be an awesome story.

Might as well root for Alabama. They've been tops all year and in arguably a rough conference...

When was the last time Alabama won a NC in Basketball?

Reactions: Neue Regel
Might as well root for Alabama. They've been tops all year and in arguably a rough conference...

When was the last time Alabama won a NC in Basketball?

What do u mean they have been tops all year?

Apologies if I'm just old and don't get the phrasing but they have lost 11 games and remind me a bit of 2014 UK getting hot n the tourney and making a run.

Reactions: ukfan041
I just pulled up tourney history of alabama..........this is their time, if ever.

Well I don't mean like #1 all year...more like....they've been in the polls most of the year.

UCONN seems to have the frontcourt figured out, what about their forwards and post players?

I have multiple former and current coworkers that I'm fairly close to that are Purdue grads. A couple of them have had health issues and this would be the greatest thing in the world for them. NC State had glory for their older fans. I wouldn't mind seeing Alabama win it if Purdue can't.

We always need a villain and UConn is that. I'm jealous of how Hurley coaches though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neue Regel
I have multiple former and current coworkers that I'm fairly close to that are Purdue grads. A couple of them have had health issues and this would be the greatest thing in the world for them. NC State had glory for their older fans. I wouldn't mind seeing Alabama win it if Purdue can't.

We always need a villain and UConn is that. I'm jealous of how how Hurley coaches though.

There are a lot of good storylines this year:

-You have the “first of” club in terms of the Final Four with Bama.

-You have a phoenix who has risen from the ashes with NC State. (2 National Titles, 1974 & 1983)

-A powerhouse looking to cement a modern day Dynasty eyeing Back to Back w UConn.

-And last but not least the redemption story for a historically pretty darn good but yet never quite good enough Purdue program. (They have the most Big 10 Titles in the history of the league. A lot of Tournament appearances. Just 3rd Final Four though)

I gotta cheer for Purdue and UConn tonight. My daughter is 4th in her office bracket with UConn playing Purdue in the championship game.

Reactions: chroix
Brutal start for NC. One possession they play great D on Edey and give up 2 offensive boards for a kick out 2. Then that last one, great hustle play to block the easy transition layup and it turns out worse for em as they get another offensive board and kick it out for another 3.

Burns ticky tack foul after a turnover... Just worst case scenario stuff.

Reactions: chroix
Did we go from the under 16 timeout to under 8 wthout a stoppage? NC state should have absolutely have somebody take an aggressive attempt at a steal resulting in a foul for Burn's sake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT