ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-Final Final Four Saturday night games

If NC could make just 33% more of their shots by guys not named Horne they would be up. Everyone else is 10/30, make that 16/30 which isn't that crazy to expect, they are up by 3+.

Reactions: know1
UCONN vs Purdue with UCONN winning it all we knew this before 1 second of the Final 4 was even played
I think that is most likely but Bama is capable of outscoring them on a hot night. Purdue just gonna depend, Edey prolly need 40 with a good effort from the guards. But we've seen Uconn have some stinkers this season so... Just have to play it out.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think that is most likely but Bama is capable of outscoring them on a hot night. Purdue just gonna depend, Edey prolly need 40 with a good effort from the guards. But we've seen Uconn have some stinkers this season so... Just have to play it out.
Bama is going to get destroyed just like we beat them.

Neither of these teams are any good. NC State has had their chances but can’t even hit a layup. Makes me sick we’re nowhere to be found past the first round.

Reactions: Lazlo7
NC State’s run just ended. No one can hit a jumper for NCS, and Purdue’s Edey and Purdue guards have found the answer on the offensive end. It will be interesting how UConn or Bama defends Edey. I don’t think Alabama can defend him. Bama would just have to outscore him with hot 3-pt shooting. However, Edey will probably will be UConn’s problem.

If we made it this far, I could see this game playing out for us just like this. Cal with a patented 48 point elimination game.

Yeah, you're right. Nothing like going 17-13, but hey they're all Kentucky dudes, so there's that!

Yes Cal sucks ass. The NBA sucks ass. But you still have to get high quality players and highly rated players as well. Kentucky hasn't produced very many of those lately.

I mean, when is the last time Kentucky won the Ky/Indiana HS all star game? When is the last time we had a dude as good as Reed? Roughly 30 years or so?

Parts of BBN need to realize that those days are over.
I see your point. Getting a fresh team of 5 stars has worked out beautifully; why rock the boat. Parts of BBN need to realize those days are over.

My point was/is, Cal has created a culture around the program that's poisonous to program success. That culture is built on the backs of kids who look at UK as a 1 yr. NBA internship, and since team success isn't necessary for the successful internship, team success is a negligible concern; especially when this mindset permeates the vast majority of the team. The culture has to change. I believe you can build a great college team w/ less talented role player 3/4* types (who grow into team leaders over the course of a few seasons) surrounding 1 or 2 five star recruits, and going to the portal as needed to fill in the cracks.

As far as Ky/Ind all-star game, 2 things: 1) we're not looking at the entire team, just the best player or two, and 2) recruiting regionally includes Indiana's best as well Ky's, and Ohio's, and Tennessee's, and Illinois, etc. So if Ind.'s high school class has the talent that year, Ind. is where we go.

Maybe a new coach can make the change w/ a different plan? This would be mine

Reactions: susan2361
Coulda put up 120 pts with game flow like that. Still think worrying about defense too much late was the wrong move. Shoulda just went out there with the mentality we outscore everyone.
Of course but we have a coach who gets scared and revert back to what hasn’t worked since 2015.

Refs definitely let Purdue get away with a lot. Both teams play a lot of defense with their hands.

I see your point. Getting a fresh team of 5 stars has worked out beautifully; why rock the boat. Parts of BBN need to realize those days are over.

My point was/is, Cal has created a culture around the program that's poisonous to program success. That culture is built on the backs of kids who look at UK as a 1 yr. NBA internship, and since team success isn't necessary for the successful internship, team success is a negligible concern; especially when this mindset permeates the vast majority of the team. The culture has to change. I believe you can build a great college team w/ less talented role player 3/4* types (who grow into team leaders over the course of a few seasons) surrounding 1 or 2 five star recruits, and going to the portal as needed to fill in the cracks.

As far as Ky/Ind all-star game, 2 things: 1) we're not looking at the entire team, just the best player or two, and 2) recruiting regionally includes Indiana's best as well Ky's, and Ohio's, and Tennessee's, and Illinois, etc. So if Ind.'s high school class has the talent that year, Ind. is where we go.

Yes one thing we can all agree on is the culture has to change. No reason why an Edwards, Bradshaw, DJ should be going anywhere unless it’s to transfer because of PT or bad fit. We have to keep our talented players even if they underachieved to try and build something.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Bama 4 senior+ 1 soph
UConn (got some swagger) 2 grads, 2 soph (1 red) , 1 Fresh (Nice Mix)

Bama is going to need some fortune to pull this upset.

UConn's sub 30% 3 point shooter has already made two. Not a great start in the luck department for Bama lol

Reactions: dvillecatfan
So far in both games the officials are just letting them play for the most part. Especially compared to regular season games where they call one foul after another.

The talent hasn't panned out because we don't have a damn coach. Give our boys to literally anyone else last year and we at least make the S16. It's not the players, its the DAMN COACH.

With that being said, you're not going to get very many people to come play for Kentucky solely because it's Kentucky. Most don't care about the tradition solely anymore. Times have changed. And if you don't change, you become Dabo Sweeny. Who barely got past Stoops and our guys.

Recuriting regionally isn't a horrible idea, I don't mean to poo-poo that. But you still have to go after the best talent now. Whether that be 5-star McD's AA or folks that have proven themselves via the transfer portal.

Loading up squarely on Kentucky kids isn't going to do it. Sadly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT