ADVERTISEMENT

See what happens when you don't mess with Substitutes for no reason...

Farsight

Junior
Nov 27, 2011
... and let the players who are doing decent make you win the game?

I hate to admit but Cal did change something. When Wagner had 3 turnovers in the first part of the second half, he sat him and put Shep at the point. That long duration. is what propelled us to win.

You win the game. It's clear that Wagner, Shep, Mitchel, Reeves and Ugo were the best 5 today to win us the game.

It's crazy how Ugo is miles above Bradshaw right now.

It was good today to beat an atrocious Arkansas team but idk if playing the same guys almost the whole half will work in March more than 1 to 2 games. Guys get fatigued.

Hope Dilly comes back and is a great 6th man and thiero can improve as he gets more acclimated again as well.

I hate to admit but Cal did change something. When Wagner had 3 turnovers in the first part of the second half, he sat him and put Shep at the point. That long duration. is what propelled us to win.

You win the game. It's clear that Wagner, Shep, Mitchel, Reeves and Ugo were the best 5 today to win us the game.

Cal’s ego and his desire to win had a tussle, and his desire to win won out. Tonight.

And as much as I love Rob, having him out tonight probably helped in a way because it forced Cal to stick with Reed. Otherwise it could have been USC redux.

Shep running point for the entire second half made all the difference. That dude absolutely should be our starting point …with Wagner at the two and Reeves the three.
Didn't everyone know this was the best lineup. With Dilly being 6th. They should spray themselves off and get back to Lexington healthy. January is over and next 2 at home with quad one wins available. But that game was hard on the eyes.

It was good today to beat an atrocious Arkansas team but idk if playing the same guys almost the whole half will work in March more than 1 to 2 games. Guys get fatigued.

Hope Dilly comes back and is a great 6th man and thiero can improve as he gets more acclimated again as well.
Huge win, stops the bleeding, prevents a big slide. Get these garbage games out of the way now. Let’s start rolling heading into Feb, and play well for March.

Cal is all but forced to play certain lineups for extended periods and, voila, cohesion, chemistry, and the win💯💯💯
Him sticking with the best line up and barely doing substitutions for breathers is what won us the game.

Yes sweetheart, it's why you play a season. When you got a bunch of guys you can mess with things to find what's best for the end of the year.

I know most live and die by each game...but there's generally bigger things at play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT