ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Network TN pregame talk

Well this will be one of the best teams UK has ever taken down there and UT is still down somewhat ie not ranked. Plus we owe them for the no call on the face mask last yr.
We owe for the couple of games they have won in Kroger field they had no business winning

I have no issues with our offense, other than still nervous converting third and short. For the defense, our DL looks to be strong, but not dynamic. Not seeing a great pass rusher out of the group yet. LBs look active so far. DBs are the weak link.

I am not going to boast or brag about beating Tennessee. We look foolish doing so. They have beat our bowl teams with some of the worst teams in their football history. The Cats won 10 last year and couldn't beat them We seldom put up a good offense and defense showing in the same game when we play Tennessee. Maybe it is mental.

So let's play our schedule and let them play their schedule. And I hope the Cats are ready when the time comes. In most of the past games we were not.

I am not going to boast or brag about beating Tennessee. We look foolish doing so. They have beat our bowl teams with some of the worst teams in their football history. The Cats won 10 last year and couldn't beat them We seldom put up a good offense and defense showing in the same game when we play Tennessee. Maybe it is mental.

So let's play our schedule and let them play their schedule. And I hope the Cats are ready when the time comes. In most of the past games we were not.

Pretty much this. And aren’t we coming off a bye week again this year when we play them? We are always sluggish as hell in that scenario, regardless of opponent. It’s just been a hallmark of Stoops teams for whatever reason.

Everyone knows they probably have a top ten offense in the country and that their secondary is Swiss cheese. I just don’t think I can take another “who has the ball last” type of game. So we need to put a little more pressure on Hooker than we did last meeting.

By the way that is an awesome avatar. Appears to be a bobcat raiding an eagle or osprey nest? Did you actually see that in person from a boat or something? Very cool.

Reactions: Girthang

Definitely mental. The SEC figured them out long ago, hell even Vandy's beat them something like four times in the last decade. It'll take these coaches/players getting their collective heads out of their collective asses to do it.

I have no issues with our offense, other than still nervous converting third and short. For the defense, our DL looks to be strong, but not dynamic. Not seeing a great pass rusher out of the group yet. LBs look active so far. DBs are the weak link.
They definitely got a home town spot on that 4th and short when they were up 17-0.

Brad White and the D needs to step up this year against the Vols. The way we dominated that game last year and still lost was hard to swallow. We had the ball for 46 minutes to their 14. Their offense was ridiculously efficient, could not stop em at all.
Its not just us, that hurry up offense will give everybody fits and be hard to stop until these coaches come up with a way to deal with it. Its part gimmick with the hurry up which (even thought I hate it and think it cheapens the game) every team could use to increase their offesive production. When you marry that with a talented QB and receivers and good play caller in Heupel its going to create problems. Will take some creative Defensive scheming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT