ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee Game

tomrain

Blue Chip Prospect
Feb 18, 2004
Does anyone else feel like me? After the Florida game I feel so freaking deflated that if we turn around and lose the Tennessee game, that the season has become a complete failure. The same crappy feeling I got towards the end of the football season. I personally think the game Saturday is one of the biggest games of CCC's tenure. If we get punked by Tenn. Saturday, I can see him completely losing what fanbase he has left. Just my thoughts

Reactions: BGCATFAN2012
This has the makings of one of those "out of nowhere" wins. We've seen it when we beat Auburn a few years back, WVU in the Big12 matchup, Kansas mid-season with Oscar. Games you go "where did that come from!?" that sort of reminds you of the talent Kentucky has. This is also getting into that time of the year where Kentucky *usually* starts to improve. Lot of seasons we look bad in January and start to really ramp up in February and March. Fox and company were just one OT away from going on a 4 game losing streak at this time of the year.. and the same posters bemoaning this team now, were losing their shit over Fox and Bam and others.

I think Tennessee is suspect, Seems to go as far as Dalton can take them. It's still Rick Barnes. Florida isn't all that far behind them in metrics, and we will have another game under our belts without Edwards and Wagner.

Let's see how the officiating goes. Usually when Kentucky gets absolutely hosed, the SEC officials tend to ease up the next game, you know, just to keep up the appearance that this isn't some concerted effort to hold UK back. If UK gets the proper treatment at home, we will win.

Rick Barnes will eat Cal up Saturday. Putting a 100 on Vols maybe I can pay for a win at this point.

It'll be another Cal rock fight probably - his most favoritest type of game over the last seven miserable years. All Cal teams will always devolve this way now as the season progresses. He's washed up and he's making this team actually become worse as the year progresses.

He's a barnacle and a cancer on this program as well as a leach draining it of resources to the tune of 9 million dollars a year.

Does anyone else feel like me? After the Florida game I feel so freaking deflated that if we turn around and lose the Tennessee game, that the season has become a complete failure. The same crappy feeling I got towards the end of the football season. I personally think the game Saturday is one of the biggest games of CCC's tenure. If we get punked by Tenn. Saturday, I can see him completely losing what fanbase he has left. Just my thoughts
This game tomorrow is going to HURT.

I also kind of believe that coaches will throw each other a bone.. and I certainly believe it with Rick and Cal. I sort of thought they did this in the last few hours with each other honestly.

I could see Rick giving this to Cal and that Cal doesn't go hard against them last game of the season lolol.

I think UT could run us out of Rupp. Our crowd rarely influences games when a bunch of fossils cannot stand up and cheer for more than one possession.

UK is trending down. Our defense is pathetic and will not be good against a physically tougher UT team.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
It'll be another Cal rock fight probably - his most favoritest type of game over the last seven miserable years. All Cal teams will always devolve this way now as the season progresses. He's washed up and he's making this team actually become worse as the year progresses.

He's a barnacle and a cancer on this program as well as a leach draining it of resources to the tune of 9 million dollars a year.
I prefer to think of Cal as a lamprey

• Haha
Reactions: CUJO_1970
Dude he’s lost most of us a long time ago. Most of us know this clown isn’t winning anything of significance he’s just been slowly destroying the program year by year for years!

We'll be pissed off after the loss. If DJ is back, we'll win. If he's not, it's going to be another rock fight where whoever makes plays down the stretch wins.
This is the most overused line in sports. UK was so pissed off after getting blown out at SC they went and laid another egg at Arkansas even while getting the win. They were so pissed off after the arky game they wanted to send a message by winning convincingly at home against Florida but since they lost now they are really pissed and will take it out on TN.

If anybody has the equipment to at least slow Connect down, you would think it would be us. Would like to how Thiero would do on him the whole game. Adou's strength, size and intensity on him, if he could just stay out of foul trouble. Ugo and their Adou will be interesting.

Tennessee doesn't have the overall full-team firepower to "punk" anyone. If they try to run with us, we win. I also think we'll finally get a good whistle because of the hack/smack/can't call 'em all approach UT takes. There's only so much Knecht can do. Viscovi, usually a Cat killer, also has been useless for the Vols this year and even last year (except for his invaluable flops). Matchup nightmare for them, to be honest.

Cats by 11.

We'll be pissed off after the loss. If DJ is back, we'll win. If he's not, it's going to be another rock fight where whoever makes plays down the stretch wins.
Rock fight? We just scored 91. More like a run fest than a rock fight.

I think we score 80 against this Vols comedy of a team. Mark it, Dude.

Tennessee doesn't have the overall full-team firepower to "punk" anyone. If they try to run with us, we win. I also think we'll finally get a good whistle because of the hack/smack/can't call 'em all approach UT takes. There's only so much Knecht can do. Viscovi, usually a Cat killer, also has been useless for the Vols this year and even last year (except for his invaluable flops). Matchup nightmare for them, to be honest.

Cats by 11.
Florida ran with Kentucky, and scored with Kentucky. Florida is a lot worse than Tennessee. Kentuckys defense is so bad anybody can score on them

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
The CHC is just hoping UK loses.

But none of them have their own opinion. It’s always “we” or “us”.

I guess it feels better to pretend to speak for others?

They can just be miserable as they cheer for the orange.

Real UK fans want UK to win.

Those straight lines drives keep happening, but at least Ugo playing more should help some. Still hard to watch when the whole team isn’t bought in to playing D.
Agree on ugo, I am proud of him and what he gave uk Wednesday, it’s a shame Uk lost that game. But that pullin kid for Florida could of have gotten a mid range jumper every possession if he wanted to

We lose that's 4 out of our last 7 including back to back home losses. Yikes!

I truly expect Kentucky to do what they always do. Lose to a ream they have no business losing to like FL at home then coming out and owning a good team like TN Saturday. Hope I'm right.

Dude he’s lost most of us a long time ago. Most of us know this clown isn’t winning anything of significance he’s just been slowly destroying the program year by year for years!
Post of the year. Sums up succinctly what every real Kentucky Basketball fan has been trying to say the last 8 years.

425275971_791280233042474_467398357388883169_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT