ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Prices of UK going up for first time since 2019

know1

All-American
Dec 8, 2002
Any thoughts on this? I know that there is a resurgence in excitement and interest in the program, but they are increasing the ticket cost right off the bat. Taking advantage? Or had they resisted increasing because attendance was in a constant decline under Cal?

It doesn't affect me much because I don't get season tickets, but my guess is that increase will filter down to individual tickets as well.

Do we think that this will make attendance this coming season lower than what it was going to be, or have no effect?

(I'm surprised the link spammers who have taken over this board hadn't posted anything on this yet, but I guess since it wasn't about recruits or professional basketball, they don't think it's relevant).

Mine went up 4.15% ($200 for two high up in section 21). Honestly that is reasonable compared to inflation and it being the first increase in years. Heck I can barely run to the grocery store for that amount these days. Will cut the beer/water/ice cream budget to offset.

Our seats are in the upper corner bleachers. One of the few which did not see an increase this year.

We had not intended yet to try for an upgrade so no worries. I had thought they might go for a year with Pope before increasing BUT the fact is an increase had been overdue anyway.

Its nice reading posts of people who actually have season tickets and not well, I guess I'll just give mine up for the HDTV and recliner crowd.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Our seats are in the upper corner bleachers. One of the few which did not see an increase this year.

We had not intended yet to try for an upgrade so no worries. I had thought they might go for a year with Pope before increasing BUT the fact is an increase had been overdue anyway.
I try for an upgrade every year. You can put very specific requirements on what you would take. I always specify as low as possible without an added KFund fee as well as aisle seats if possible and I don’t want to move from my section since my seats are chairback right at midcourt. I’ve been able to move down a row or two each year if requested with no change in pricing before the increase this year.

Reactions: ORCAT
I've never lived close enough to worry about it, but what are season ticket prices these days? Obviously, different levels/prices etc, but in general?

I've never lived close enough to worry about it, but what are season ticket prices these days? Obviously, different levels/prices etc, but in general?
My seats are section 213 row u. They are chairback right at midcourt. This year they are $2700 for 2 which is $100 more than last year.

Here is link to seating chart with the prices and required K fund donation if applicable.

I try for an upgrade every year. You can put very specific requirements on what you would take. I always specify as low as possible without an added KFund fee as well as aisle seats if possible and I don’t want to move from my section since my seats are chairback right at midcourt. I’ve been able to move down a row or two each year if requested with no change in pricing before the increase this year.
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I put in for a slight upgrade each season but haven't gotten one in several years now. I am in the first row after K Fund so not too bad. I do have a great view of the court but would like to move closer to mid court like where you are. I'm near the top of the 3 point line now so can't complain too much. If I can move closer to mid court, great, if not I'm OK where I am. As I say, they really are good viewing seats and not far from the aisle. I guess I'm OK with a slight increase since it's the first in 5 years but we're already squeezed by prices of everything else these days.

Reactions: TCurtis75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT