ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Miller

I'm talking about recently revamped it. Travis Steele about killed all of the excitement in there. Recently went to the XU Marquette game and it was a great time. Xavier has had a ton of successful coaches go through there from Prosser onward. I couldn't believe how terrible Chris Mack did at UL.
Yeah who knew Mack was such a scumbag recording his own coaches to cover his ass. No doubt Miller is an upgrade over Steele but Jonus Hayes took an average team to the NIT championship and deserved a shot but Xavier figured dancing with the devil was better. A Jesuit Catholic school that took a huge leap away from character guys like Skip Prosser. smh

Reactions: Fox2monk
Uhhh, we are talking about his replacement because he will probably retire from UK in next 2-3 years
We've been talking about Cal's replacement daily on here because most of us want him out now.

I don't even know why I'm having this conversation with you, anyone that thinks Sean Miller is a good fit at UK, isn't worth my time.

We've been talking about Cal's replacement daily on here because most of us want him out now.

I don't even know why I'm having this conversation with you, anyone that thinks Sean Miller is a good fit at UK, isn't worth my time.
Most don’t want Cal out. You just think that. Didn’t say Miller was a good fit. I said he was better then Muss or Oats.

Most don’t want Cal out. You just think that. Didn’t say Miller was a good fit. I said he was better then Muss or Oats.
Literally everything you said in this post, is false.

You should get a dunce award for this post.

Tell you what, I'm going to print this one out and pin it to my pin board over my laptop so that I can look at it and be reminded at the stupidity that is on this board daily.

• Haha
Reactions: Sejonesy
He hasn't done anything in the tournament. That is very valid
It’s definitely more valid with him than when ppl try to use it against hot up and comers that have a upwards trajectory in 5 years or less at non traditional programs….or Scott drew considering he built Baylor from 0 tradition and 5 feet in the grave after team murders (no pun intended) to a nationally yearly ranked team and a national title

I don’t want Cal gone and he will be back next year, but when he eventually leaves, would Mitch consider Sean Miller as the next coach? I know he has some baggage, but he can flat out coach. Not saying he would be my first choice, but was just wondering everyone’s opinion on if he would even be considered.
He’d be my second choice after Oats.

Because I live in Cincinnati and I watch basketball. Pretty impressive what he did with X in the past and currently. I said he wouldn’t be my first choice, but better coach than Oates and little Mussleman, which so many want.
Totally agree.

Dude couldn't even buy and cheat his way to a Final 4. Why would I want him
You can spot casual fans real easy in threads like these.
If I ever even thought Sean Miller, or Mick Cronin would be good options for UK, I would need an immediate shower.

You can spot casual fans real easy in threads like these.
If I ever even thought Sean Miller, or Mick Cronin would be good options for UK, I would need an immediate shower.
The OP is a great frontrunner fan. Good for the best times. No critical thinking or understanding of what he's watching.

Sean Miller is an average coach. He's Holtmann 2.0.
As far as Crean, at least he made it to a FF. Sean has failed with far more talent.
Agree. Sean Miller got recruits that would rival Duke and UK several years at Arizona. They always flamed out aswell

Reactions: kyjeff1
I understand the skepticism on Miller. He did get a ton of talent at Zona and you’d expect at least a final four out of all of that and it never happened.

But he’s also had 4 30 win seasons and Multiple 1 seeds and also took xavier to the E8.

What we learned from Self and Bennett is that if you put your team in position to break through enough times they eventually break through.

Miller is due and i like the fact that he still has something to prove. Also It’s taken him less than a full season at Xavier to take over the Big East.

Plus it appears he spent his time away from college basketball learning how to be better because this Xavier team does some things, especially on offense his zona teams lacked.

I understand the skepticism on Miller. He did get a ton of talent at Zona and you’d expect at least a final four out of all of that and it never happened.

But he’s also had 4 30 win seasons and Multiple 1 seeds and also took xavier to the E8.

What we learned from Self and Bennett is that if you put your team in position to break through enough times they eventually break through.

Miller is due and i like the fact that he still has something to prove. Also It’s taken him less than a full season at Xavier to take over the Big East.

Plus it appears he spent his time away from college basketball learning how to be better because this Xavier team does some things, especially on offense his zona teams lacked.
Meh, the conferences he's been playing in have allowed him to rack up a lot of wins per season. The pac12 is okay now, but for most of his time at Arizona, it was really weak.

His run to the elite 8 wasn't anything spectacular. X beat unranked UGA, 20th ranked Purdue and unranked Wva before they lost to UCLA by 19.

His system is so bland and his guys always seem to just he going through the motions, which explains hiw he always lost with supreme talent.

I don’t want Cal gone and he will be back next year, but when he eventually leaves, would Mitch consider Sean Miller as the next coach? I know he has some baggage, but he can flat out coach. Not saying he would be my first choice, but was just wondering everyone’s opinion on if he would even be considered.
Why?
Proven cheater.
Problem maker.
Has had huge talent.
Barely would win Pac-10.
Flames out in tourney.
Former players don’t like.
And talk about promising playing time;
and playing guys out of position.
He is BCG, heavy.
But besides al that he sweats a lot and can coach…smh

Why would anyone want Sean Miller, he's a cheater that has had Final Four talent at Arizona many many times yet never made not 1 Final Four.

Lets hire ANY coach that takes a so/so team yo EE… lol
Well, we just might get Cal then…. this team could make that…with the right luck (they way they are NOW playing)

I don't really have a preference for Miller as a coach, but you guys bashing his shady past are being just a 'tad' hypocritical. EVERYBODY thought Cal was shady and a cheater until he came here.

I don't really have a preference for Miller as a coach, but you guys bashing his shady past are being just a 'tad' hypocritical. EVERYBODY thought Cal was shady and a cheater until he came here.
Cal didn’t get fired and he wasn't doing shady things. He had two players that did stupid things.
Sean Miller got charged with 9 different allegations. Some, pretty serious, like lack of institutional controll, lack of head coach responsibility, bribery, he was caught on wire taps discussing a $100,000.00 payment to Deandre Ayton, then lied about it.

Out of the 9 charges, 5 of them are level 1. Yeah, UK won't be offering him a job.

I've always liked Miller but he vastly underperformed at Arizona. He was there 12 seasons, won the crappy Pac 10/12 conference only 4 times, 0 Final Fours, 3 Elite Eights, missed the NCAA 4 times

Never wanted Miller and still don't. Reminds me of Cal but with no titles. Much better replacements possible besides him.

So one of the guys that’s always bashing us for our coaching picks, and generally always taking shots at UK fans in general, comes out and says he wants Sean Miller next?

I just can’t. I know I don’t post often as it is, but I need a break. This is ridiculous. OP is an absolute 🤡.

It’s not even his pick so much as how hard he’s gone after other posters who have suggested other, more qualified (yet very obtainable) coaches. What a mind blow. Thanks OP.

XU is my 2nd most watched program as I live a little over a mile from campus and he completely revamped the culture at Xavier. I'm not sure if we give him a call if Cal leaves but we could do much worse. He's definitely a better option than the Ohio State guy.
I’m sorry, but this statement is just not true at all.

Xavier’s basketball “culture” was already in high gear when Miller got the job. His predecessor, Thad Matta, had fantastic success there, in fact even better than Miller. Hell, Xavier had just reached the Elite 8 …its best ever finish …the year before Miller got the job.

And I’d point out that Matta’s two predecessors (Pete Gillen and Skip Prosser) were also quite successful there. Miller did a solid job of continuing Matta’s success, but he did nothing to improve the program beyond the state it was already in when he inherited it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jameslee32
I’m sorry, but this statement is just not true at all.

Xavier’s basketball “culture” was already in high gear when Miller got the job. His predecessor, Thad Matta, had fantastic success there, in fact even better than Miller. Hell, Xavier had just reached the Elite 8 …its best ever finish …the year before Miller got the job.

And I’d point out that Matta’s two predecessors (Pete Gillen and Skip Prosser) were also quite successful there. Miller did a solid job of continuing Matta’s success, but he did nothing to improve the program beyond the state it was already in when he inherited it.
You have no idea how dead XU was when Travis Steele was here. Hence, the word revamped. I did not say he created it or started it. To have Xavier where they are at this quick after the last few years is pretty astounding for them.

I have been following Xavier for years and have a friend who played under Matta and Miller. I don't need a history lesson on them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT