ADVERTISEMENT

SDSU's Lamont Butler withdrawing from draft. Also Creighton's Kalkbrenner

And so it begins!!!! Oscar working out for Atlanta tomorrow, so it will be nut cutting time by the time we get his decision.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Final prediction is reeves back, Oscar gone, Livingston gone. They go after jones from St. John’s and one or two other bigs and get one and that’s the roster

Reactions: Dead Cat Bounce
We struggle at the first. Get damn good by march. Hopes up and flame out in the S16 Due to inexperience
If that scenario happens I see it being a lot like 2016, minus a player of Murray’s capability. They will struggle, lose games they should, get hot, and get screwed by the bracket and lose because they go ice cold because we have one shooter

Reactions: KYExtemper
It almost feels like Oscar is definitely gone if he is still working out for teams. If he was coming back wouldn’t he already be at peace with that by now and just ready to get to work at UK and preparing for his announcement? Or am I wrong?

It almost feels like Oscar is definitely gone if he is still working out for teams. If he was coming back wouldn’t he already be at peace with that by now and just ready to get to work at UK and preparing for his announcement? Or am I wrong?
It’s not about UK and has never been about UK under JC. It’s about individual accomplishments and goals and that digusts me.

Last edited:
Why not work out until the last minute? Don’t blame him.

You don’t think people will make excuses for not having a strong bench with veterans that have been in the dance before that won’t panic. Nah, at least not on this board. We might be one of the youngest teams in college, some will be proud of that fact.
True, I like star freshman but you gotta have veteran pieces to mix out best teams had mixtures

Like.. the university couldn't have found some Kentucky businesses to pony up some NIL money during this time? Idk, that's what I'd be doing. Money talks. There HAS to be some opportunity to get these guys an added 50 to 100k or so with the promise that they come back... oh and.. if you make a Final4, there will be further opportunities for you in this state after you're gone, simply for becoming one of UKs best/better teams in recent time.

Like.. the university couldn't have found some Kentucky businesses to pony up some NIL money during this time? Idk, that's what I'd be doing. Money talks. There HAS to be some opportunity to get these guys an added 50 to 100k or so with the promise that they come back... oh and.. if you make a Final4, there will be further opportunities for you in this state after you're gone, simply for becoming one of UKs best/better teams in recent time.
See, this is where I think the Shaedon Sharp fiasco hurt us. Now, I'm no expert on how NIL works, but SS got a big payday from that Porsche dealer out in Louisville. The kid never played, what return did the dealer get on their investment?
Combine that with the terrible results the basketball program has turned out the last 3 years and you might be getting some local businesses that are turning their noses up at dealing with UK bb players.
I mean if I was a potential NIL donor, there's no way in hell I would entertain a UK basketball player right now, especially one that could potentially sit.
Heck, look what Wheeler did. He wasn't hurt, he pouted. I would be pissed if I was giving him money for NIL and he pulled that crap.
The program is a shitshow right now.
Again though, I may be way off on this, but something is up when everyone else is offering up big NIL deals and Cal tells these players he can’t offer them anything and won't even give them any leads.

See, this is where I think the Shaedon Sharp fiasco hurt us. Now, I'm no expert on how NIL works, but SS got a big payday from that Porsche dealer out in Louisville. The kid never played, what return did the dealer get on their investment?
Combine that with the terrible results the basketball program has turned out the last 3 years and you might be getting some local businesses that are turning their noses up at dealing with UK bb players.
I mean if I was a potential NIL donor, there's no way in hell I would entertain a UK basketball player right now, especially one that could potentially sit.
Heck, look what Wheeler did. He wasn't hurt, he pouted. I would be pissed if I was giving him money for NIL and he pulled that crap.
Again though, I may be way off on this, but something is up when everyone else is offering up big NIL deals and Cal tells these players he can’t offer them anything and won't even give them any leads.

Who knows. I sometimes wonder if Cals past image forced him into this choir boy mode he's been in.

If I was a business owner, that cared about UK basketball.. I'd certainly be open to set up some NIL deal where I pay say 10k, and the player comes in for a signing by a certain date. But I'd also write in that if they don't come by said date, they don't get the money. Of course, like you, I have no idea how this REALLY works under the covers, nor do I know if they can do this.

But idk, I'd like to think there's opportunities out there.. But Cal, the staff and the school have to make it work.

Who knows. I sometimes wonder if Cals past image forced him into this choir boy mode he's been in.

If I was a business owner, that cared about UK basketball.. I'd certainly be open to set up some NIL deal where I pay say 10k, and the player comes in for a signing by a certain date. But I'd also write in that if they don't come by said date, they don't get the money. Of course, like you, I have no idea how this REALLY works under the covers, nor do I know if they can do this.

But idk, I'd like to think there's opportunities out there.. But Cal, the staff and the school have to make it work.
The next question I have is, what did Cal tell all these bigtime freshmen that are coming in? Did he tell them he can’t help them with NIL? I highly doubt he did, but when it comes to transfers, he literally said he won’t talk about NIL.
I find it hard to believe Edwards and Bradshaw come to UK if Cal says that to them.

I have no idea how right you are, but your post said exactly how I felt. It reminds me of some of these businesses going all out on this woke nonsense and how people are avoiding them now. UK seems to be somewhat in that same boat, people do not like their product.
Oh how times have changed.

Kalkbrenner or Broome would look good in UK blue. Too bad they are going back to Auburn and Creighton.
Of course they are.

UK has made zero splash with the portal. Cal is totally at the mercy of the Oscar, Reeves, and Livingston decisions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Of course they are.

UK has made zero slash with the portal. Cal is totally at the mercy of the Oscar, Reeves, and Livingston decisions.
You dont know that. What about the guys that withdraw from the draft and want to play at UK?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT