ADVERTISEMENT

SDSU's Lamont Butler withdrawing from draft. Also Creighton's Kalkbrenner

NC St. would. We have seen them do it in the past, illegally.

Either way, will be interesting to see where he lands as he will make an immediate impact right away.
I didn’t know NC state had money. With the portal know everybody knows Miami has money

Reactions: MWes11
I've been saying for a couple weeks if Nelson or Brown withdraw from draft, we NEED to be ALL-IN on him!
Same for top shooter if Reeves not return (or not commit to returning by tomorrow).

With Nelson, you just rotate him, Bradshaw and Onyenso (30,26,24 min respectively) at the 4/5.
has anyone checked with Bradshaw to get his approval?

Reactions: ChaiseyD
Some of the schools that reached out initially:
Nelson's next step is to choose a school. The 6-foot-10 forward has been contacted by more than 30 programs, including some of the top teams in the country. Kentucky, Kansas, Villanova, Gonzaga, Alabama and UCLA have all reached out to Nelson.

He was ranked as the No. 3 transfer portal target by 247 Sports.

Nelson could return to NDSU, but that won't happen. He will visit several high major programs that could enhance his chances of becoming a first-round pick next year. Nelson is also in line to make more than six figures in name/image/likeness (NIL) money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
I didn’t know NC state had money. With the portal know everybody knows Miami has money
Why wouldn’t they? Big fan base, big basketball tradition, state capital, good sized growing high tech market, and desperate to win (been awhile). The 2 richest men in the state live in that county, one of whom went to State.

Why wouldn’t they? Big fan base, big basketball tradition, state capital, good sized growing high tech market, and desperate to win (been awhile). The 2 richest men in the state live in that county, one of whom went to State.
Just never thought of them as having a huge alumni or NIL backing, that’s my bad, I always though all big money people want to unc or duke

See, this is where I think the Shaedon Sharp fiasco hurt us. Now, I'm no expert on how NIL works, but SS got a big payday from that Porsche dealer out in Louisville. The kid never played, what return did the dealer get on their investment?
Combine that with the terrible results the basketball program has turned out the last 3 years and you might be getting some local businesses that are turning their noses up at dealing with UK bb players.
I mean if I was a potential NIL donor, there's no way in hell I would entertain a UK basketball player right now, especially one that could potentially sit.
Heck, look what Wheeler did. He wasn't hurt, he pouted. I would be pissed if I was giving him money for NIL and he pulled that crap.
The program is a shitshow right now.
Again though, I may be way off on this, but something is up when everyone else is offering up big NIL deals and Cal tells these players he can’t offer them anything and won't even give them any leads.
Yes and the idiot says players first No coach 9million is first and you won't guarantee them a dime so players 2/3 right?

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
Could very well be right on that.

It’s weird, Cal claims he's a players first coach and this is a players first program, well, that means he is supposed to be prepared to satisfy the goals and desires of the players, but it looks to me like only certain players (the ones with 5 stars next to their names) get the full package of those benefits.

It’s a sham, but UK still gets the short end of the stick.
That's exactly right !! Cal eats 1st 2nd and 3rd players 4th and UK don't get a thing from that worthless coach we have .

Reactions: blackcat714
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT