ADVERTISEMENT

SDSU's Lamont Butler withdrawing from draft. Also Creighton's Kalkbrenner

The next question I have is, what did Cal tell all these bigtime freshmen that are coming in? Did he tell them he can’t help them with NIL? I highly doubt he did, but when it comes to transfers, he literally said he won’t talk about NIL.
I find it hard to believe Edwards and Bradshaw come to UK if Cal says that to them.
Because his guaranteed nil resources were all exhausted on the freshmen. So he can't promise transfers for certain what nil they will get, JMO.

Because his guaranteed nil resources were all exhausted on the freshmen. So he can't promise transfers for certain what nil they will get, JMO.
Could very well be right on that.

It’s weird, Cal claims he's a players first coach and this is a players first program, well, that means he is supposed to be prepared to satisfy the goals and desires of the players, but it looks to me like only certain players (the ones with 5 stars next to their names) get the full package of those benefits.

It’s a sham, but UK still gets the short end of the stick.

Could very well be right on that.

It’s weird, Cal claims he's a players first coach and this is a players first program, well, that means he is supposed to be prepared to satisfy the goals and desires of the players, but it looks to me like only certain players (the ones with 5 stars next to their names) get the full package of those benefits.

It’s a sham, but UK still gets the short end of the stick.
I don’t believe Kentucky ran out of resources, Kentucky just doesn’t want to play the NIL game with graduate transfers and guarantee them money, they expect these guys to come here and be starstruck that Kentucky is interested in them, look at the SDSU kids visit, cal was showing off all his stuff he had earned as a coach. These transfer kids don’t care about Kentuckys and CALs accomplishments, they want money and playing time. Kentucky either has to start playing the game or they will be short handed again like usual

Last edited:
I don’t believe Kentucky ran out of resources, Kentucky just doesn’t want to play the NIL game with graduate transfers and guarantee them money, they expects these guys to come here and be starstruck that Kentucky is interested in them, look at the SDSU kids visit, cal was showing off all his stuff he had earned as a coach. These transfer kids don’t care about Kentuckys and CALs accomplishments, they want money and playing time. Kentucky either has to start playing the game or they will be short handed again like usual
Then it's not a "players-first" program, it's an "NBA-first" program. The guys with NBA draft potential are the ones getting catered to. Oscar got a taste, but he did enough to earn what he got, plus, he was a 5* hs recruit.

It’s the same thing with playing time. Cal plays his draft prospects above better players until it is way beyond obvious that they aren't ready.

Somehow Wheeler got that treatment and I have no idea why. Cal is a weird dude.

Then it's not a "players-first" program, it's an "NBA-first" program. The guys with NBA draft potential are the ones getting catered to. Oscar got a taste, but he did enough to earn what he got, plus, he was a 5* hs recruit.

It’s the same thing with playing time. Cal plays his draft prospects above better players until it is way beyond obvious that they aren't ready.

Somehow Wheeler got that treatment and I have no idea why. Cal is a weird dude.
For sure, that slogan is bogus. The best teams are mixtures of freshman and returning playing/experienced players. They have the freshman in theory, but everybody in the world knows wagner, Edwards, & bradshaw are all starting, which they should be guarenteed spots. Wheeler got the treatment because he is a cal old school player fast but can’t shoot at all. The guys getting drafted is cool. But that’s not Kentucky, play the 5 best players period

Livingston is working out today with the Hornets. The group he’s working out with really puts into perspective where the once former top 5 recruit now finds himself.

Reactions: Smashcat
i am curious how many of these players returning to school are actually in the portal

I thought all of these guys withdrawing from the draft were supposed to supply UK and others with a whole new pool of portal options .... seems they're all withdrawing and returning to their current schools.

Arkansas was considered the favorite but they have Baye Fall and likely Ron Holland so I don't see how that works.
The fall kid may be leaving or somebody else may be leaving, if they have to Arkansas will find a way to open scholarships musselman will do whatever it takes in the portal. Kansas is also one of the schools, if Kansas gets him then man they are loaded loaded

I've been saying for a couple weeks if Nelson or Brown withdraw from draft, we NEED to be ALL-IN on him!
Same for top shooter if Reeves not return (or not commit to returning by tomorrow).

With Nelson, you just rotate him, Bradshaw and Onyenso (30,26,24 min respectively) at the 4/5.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
The fall kid may be leaving or somebody else may be leaving, if they have to Arkansas will find a way to open scholarships musselman will do whatever it takes in the portal. Kansas is also one of the schools, if Kansas gets him then man they are loaded loaded
Trilly Donovan mentioned an ACC school.

Arkansas was considered the favorite but they have Baye Fall and likely Ron Holland so I don't see how that works.

You’re correct. With Holland now in tow, Arkansas is out. They will probably lose Fall when Holland commits. They still have one of the Mitchell’s and Graham at C.

Plus they have Brazile so I don’t know how minutes are going to work out.

You’re correct. With Holland now in tow, Arkansas is out. They will probably lose Fall when Holland commits. They still have one of the Mitchell’s and Graham at C.

Plus they have Brazile so I don’t know how minutes are going to work out.
I forgot about Brazile and he's really good.Yeah if Holland comes can't see him going there.

Reactions: track42
It’s Miami, unc would be the other choice. It Miami is the only one who will drop any amount of money on a player. Those other 5 won’t and UNC I think is set
NC St. would. We have seen them do it in the past, illegally.

Either way, will be interesting to see where he lands as he will make an immediate impact right away.

If he doesn't come here we can't blame it on fear of Ugo.It's becoming obvious portal players are looking for money,money and more money.

• Love
Reactions: westerncat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT