ADVERTISEMENT

Scurry away!!

deplion

All-American
May 21, 2002
Yes. We all saw the ugly, often uninspired basketball that was played tonight.

We all know it isn't acceptable to get in a deep hole against a bad team at home.

Zero issues with those of you who expressed reasonable, respectful criticism during a very bad performance tonight. Zero issues with those of you who continue to do the same now.

But seeing the venom some of you threw at the team / coach during the game, and watching the joy some of you took in running them down should have no place here.

Oh well. We will lose again, perhaps badly, soon enough. I have no doubt we'll see you again when it happens.

But for now, please go ahead and slink back into hiding. Thanks in advance.

I was watching the game a little behind on DVR and checked into Rafters late in second just to see who won.

I actually thought oh well guess we lost and almost didn’t finish watching. Glad I did.

Some people need to re-evaluate their lives if UK losing a basketball game means that much to them. I want the guys to win every game, but if they lose I am not gonna act like some spoiled brat child. Kinda sad.

But go Cats. Great game. Maybe shouldn’t have been as close as it was but entertaining as hell.

For a while i thought we would lose this game. Great comeback by the kittens.

Dep I admit I gave up in the last 30 seconds. I just didn’t see it happen. I saw us in person in Nashville and knew this would be a game. Drew is doing a good job and our boys looked disinterested

We all know it isn't acceptable to get in a deep hole against a bad team at home.

Zero issues with those of you who expressed reasonable, respectful criticism during a very bad performance tonight. Zero issues with those of you who continue to do the same now.

But seeing the venom some of you threw at the team / coach during the game, and watching the joy some of you took in running them down should have no place here.

Oh well. We will lose again, perhaps badly, soon enough. I have no doubt we'll see you again when it happens.

This board has become a place where that behavior is acceptable. Certain posters are, and I have no idea why, allowed to spew venom and ignorance around wherever they choose. Would make sense to be lenient if it was a paid membership. For some reason the free board is, WGAF.

I've quickly learned that this team is what it is...up and down...It drives me crazy but it is what it is and there's not one damn thing I can do about it. Go CATS! I'll keep cheering you on despite how crazy you drive me...

criticisms of hustle and flow are warranted. But wtf if you then can't cheer for the victory?
Fudge those a$$$holes... no way you can be a fan and not have some excitement after that win and the WVU comeback.
Two games, down that much and comeback to win (with an ill coach). Give them props. Don't tear them down
Thanks dep. great post

You telle'm Dep

We're not all cheerleaders here, but we do all pull for our Cats. There's a lot of negativity when they are playing bad. What are posters supposed to do, compliment the players and coach for looking so bad for most of the game? If you're actively posting during the game, it's only human nature to get down on the guys if they're not performing up to their capability. No one has to call anyone names whether it's a player or message board poster. Criticism is fine when warranted but degrading someone is not. And calling people who might criticize the plays in a ball game "haters" is not right either. Most people who complain during the game are the biggest fans and the ones who want the W the most.

Winning is a priviledge , not an entitlement. BTW, good post.

But for now, please go ahead and slink back into hiding. Thanks in advance. D! You have silent far too often now....your presence needs to be shown more often again

Oh well. We will lose again, perhaps badly, soon enough. I have no doubt we'll see you again when it happens. But for now, please go ahead and slink back into hiding. Thanks in advance.

I agree with you 100% .. we have some of the worst fans in the world. Anyone who would speak of their team the way some do on here are beyond pathetic. I'd hate to see what they'd say and how they'd act if they weren't fans...

Reactions: TheKentuckyKid
WE are not all cheerleaders here, but we do all pull for our Cats. There's a lot of negativity when they are playing bad FROM THE SAME POSTERS. WHAT are WE supposed to do, compliment the players and coach for looking so bad for most of the game? WHEN I POST IN GAME it's only human nature to get down on the guys if they're not performing up to their capability.;BECAUSE I CANT CONTROL MY EMOTIONS ...No one has to call anyone names whether it's a player or message board poster.
BUT PLAYER X SUCKS...Criticism is fine when warranted but degrading someone is not UNLESS ITS CAL. And calling people (ME) who might criticize the plays in a ball game "haters" is not right either. Most people who complain during the game are the biggest fans and the ones who want the W the most.
but where are they now( celebrating that WIN they wanted so much?
Where?
No where except still bitching, whiny, and moaning that these last two wins were just luck.
That shit ain't fandom.
That is just
A. misery,
B. hate,
C. contrarianism or
D. attention whoring

Probably "all the above"

Last edited:
crawl-space-roaches-tennessee.gif

We're not all cheerleaders here, but we do all pull for our Cats. There's a lot of negativity when they are playing bad. What are posters supposed to do, compliment the players and coach for looking so bad for most of the game? If you're actively posting during the game, it's only human nature to get down on the guys if they're not performing up to their capability. No one has to call anyone names whether it's a player or message board poster. Criticism is fine when warranted but degrading someone is not. And calling people who might criticize the plays in a ball game "haters" is not right either. Most people who complain during the game are the biggest fans and the ones who want the W the most.
They are supposed to be reasonable. To give up before the game is over or say this is an NIT team or Cal sucks , Hami sucks , Knox Sucks ect ect provides nothing. There is no excuse for playing as bad as they did for 39 minutes but they got the job done in the end as the youngest team ever. They are growing. All you can ask.

I think we mostly agree here. Nothing wrong with criticism IMO. There was PLENTY to criticize tonight.

Trashing the guys, the coaches, and even the fans is never a good idea though. And, only posting during our struggles and then running away during the good times is a pretty common theme with that group.

I realize some of those folks are rival fan posers, but others are UK fans who really shouldn't stoop to that level and engage in that garbage.

Reactions: CatsRox

Coming from the guy who made it his life's work for years to run down Tubby, who took a great deal of pride/joy in leading the calvary every time something went wrong with one of those teams. Oh, the irony.

It's funny. When I'm reading the game thread I see posters who I've never ever seen post before show up when we're playing bad. Never to be found again after we win. If you have nothing better to do than troll a game thread you live a pathetic little life. May God have mercy on their souls.

Reactions: anon_q409idbs5m40a
Some are trolls. Some are jackasses who hate Cal and relish the chance to slam him and his players. Both groups are total pieces of shit.
But, but I keep reading how "no one (fan) really wants UK to lose or see Cal gone"

I remember once a reporter asked Rupp why the team was called "The Fiddlin Five". Rupp said "well, because they fiddle and fiddle around and then finally decide to play basketball and pull out a win". And they were painful. This bunch reminds me a little of them.

We get credit for a win, but it sure feels like Vandy won the game. I guess the old saying, Vandy won the battle,but we won the war.

Reactions: Bluest Member
Millennials,SnowFlakes,what a crybaby,entitled generation.Old Fans never give up or spew the hate these people do.They want it all right now or nothing,makes me sick to see what this world is headed toward.
Do people actually think that these type games have never happened before Calipari? Kentucky has had these type games vs Vanderbilt since the beginning of time,it's nothing new,and definitely NO REASON TO TURN ON THE TEAM you are a "Supposed" Fan of.
The worst loss Kentucky ever had was under Rick Pitino,people need to have a reality check on what really matters in life.Any people that graze on Tide Pods can't be right in the head anyway.

Last edited:

Perfect! Absolutely spot on.

Reactions: musrat59
This board has become a place where that behavior is acceptable. Certain posters are, and I have no idea why, allowed to spew venom and ignorance around wherever they choose. Would make sense to be lenient if it was a paid membership. For some reason the free board is, WGAF.
You are absolutely 1000% correct. This is supposed to be a discussion board, however, there are those that call names and do everything they can to provoke an illicit response. Best thing to do is to put posters like that on ignore. Easy to hide behind a computer and throw garbage at people. The moderator needs to do a better job of cleaning this up.

Millennials,SnowFlakes,what a crybaby,entitled generation.Old Fans never give up or spew the hate these people do.They want it all right now or nothing,makes me sick to see what this world is headed toward.
Do people actually think that these type games have never happened before Calipari? Kentucky has had these type games vs Vanderbilt since the beginning of time,it's nothing new,and definitely NO REASON TO TURN ON THE TEAM you are a "Supposed" Fan of.
The worst loss Kentucky ever had was under Rick Pitino,people need to have a reality check on what really matters in life.Any people that graze on Tide Pods can't be right in the head anyway.
With apologies to the MANY exceptions to the rule, our 'younger fans' can't appreciate:
* Coach Rupp is Legend...before 1959
* Joe B did the impossible...but won 1 title
* Rick reconstructed the Kingdom...but won 1 and spit in our face

These are the Good Ole Days....

Reactions: anon_q409idbs5m40a
Coming from the guy who made it his life's work for years to run down Tubby, who took a great deal of pride/joy in leading the calvary every time something went wrong with one of those teams. Oh, the irony.

That is not accurate at all.

Reactions: IAphatcat
Wow! I'm giving this thread and A+. Almost every post was positive. I've been a Cat fan for 55 years. I've seen a lot of ups and downs. If you're a member of BBN you can't help but be upset after a loss to an extent. Nobody wants to see our team lose, but teams lose and win no matter how good or bad they are. These kids are babies compared to the teams they are playing. I'll hang with this team and Cal as I always do, and yes we may have some other loses before the year ends.

I remember when I use to extremely upset when the Cats lost. I would stew about it for days and even weeks. You could say that I would become depressed over a lose. When I got into my early 30's I realized how foolish I had been all those years to allow a basketball game to ruin my day or week. I love my Cats and Cal just as much as anyone on this board, but I don't allow a lose to ruin my day, week or month anymore. I've been a lot happier and enjoy watching our team play every game. Life is way to short to stress out all yourself to become depressed over a basketball game. If watching our boys play badly or lose a game really upsets you so much that you lash out at the kids and coach, think you may want to step back and take a long look at yourself and your life. I bet that everyone you have more important issue going on in your life than allowing yourself to become so upset and out of sorts over a basketball game. Some stress in life is a good thing a lot of stress not so good. Not trying to preach at anyone just trying to offer some good advice follow it and you will be sooooo much happier and really be able to enjoy watching the cats play and Cal coach.

What really pathetic is that some here get more fired up to post after a loss than when we win. It only shows me how empty they are. Sucks for them.

Kat23 said he has given up on team, won't watch another game.....
Fiction can be fun can't it. I actually said, I still think this team can make a run in March but I probably wouldn't watch the rest of the regular season. It was a knee jerk reaction and I'll likely be watching on Saturday but I'll try to put this in perspective. It's frustrating to watch this team play only 10-15 minutes of basketball each game. I can live through the growing pains and the bad shot selections, That's part of having 5 freshman starters. I just want to see effort. Just look what they did when they woke up. It's not worth getting my blood pressure up over an unfinished product. I learned from that '14 team that the polished product isn't likely going to arrive until tourney time when you are that young so I might sit a few regular season games out and get fired up when it matters. March.

I just don't want to see this team lose winnable games like Vandy and throw away the good from the WVU win and put themselves in a hole where we have an 7 or 8 seed and have to run through some good teams early and often. So in the end I'm glad they won and I far from have given up on them.

Reactions: preacherfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT