ADVERTISEMENT

RP Time!!

LmdCat

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
I know some of you if not most of you think this is a crazy idea but it is far less crazy than who we currently have for a coach. RP was the lifeline who saved this program once before at its darkest moment and he could probably do it again. This team badly needs the swagger that RP brings and instill in his players.

I know some of you if not most of you think this is a crazy idea but it is far less crazy than who we currently have for a coach. RP was the lifeline who saved this program once before at its darkest moment and he could probably do it again. This team badly needs the swagger that RP brings and instill in his players.
Are you a fan of Scott drew or no? That’s who the next coach will most likely be

Reactions: bigbluedon
I see that Crawford Corner thinks it is funny. Well, I can assure you that you are not capable of laughing any harder than the basketball world is laughing at this moment. This is back-to-back years of getting knock out of the first round by some one unknown player playing on an unknown team.

worst ****ing coach in America today lost a division 2 talented team like losing to nku where I went the ultimate emberassment in college sports

Would love Billy Donovan though
I've said this before but now might be the time to get Donovan. His career in the NBA isn't going anywhere, although reports say the Bulls owner likes him so I guess he is not at risk of getting fired.

But Donovan was tiring of the college game after he won his second title at Florida. And that was before NIL. Does he want to deal with that headache?

I think we're in a tough spot for a new coach as there's no true #1 option. And college basketball keeps changing so much that one wonders if the next step is to find the next innovative coach. But the question is who is that? And what does that look like?

worst ****ing coach in America today lost a division 2 talented team like losing to nku where I went the ultimate emberassment in college sports
played scared, never chased the ball, dont rebound, cant play a lick of defense had no clue how to attack that pathetic zone. This time sucked the ****ing life out of me a fan for over 50 fuking years

Give me Golden from Florida. But honestly Id take Tom Crean at this point.

Neither are the answer . Need to find a good young coach.

Who that is ? Idk but they can’t be worse than Cal when you factor in production and money
RP's age would obviously make him a bridge until the right coach is identified. RP would bring the swagger back to this program so that it is attractive to the right coach. Also, it would demonstrate to the naysayers that recruiting shouldn't be the reason for keeping CCC. RP would put the focus back on the program instead of the players. It is obvious that the players first crap was the beginning of the end of what used to be Kentucky basketball. It is time to put things back into its proper order by making the program first. Why? Simple; the program is the only constant from year to year, so it should receive the proper focus and nurturing.

Last edited:
I personally would like to have Billy Donovan but I would take Rick back because even at his age, he still angry over what happened with his reputation as a coach and wants to redeem himself. He’s not a good guy, but he’s a hell of a coach

• Love
Reactions: cat tat2 and LmdCat
played scared, never chased the ball, dont rebound, cant play a lick of defense had no clue how to attack that pathetic zone. This time sucked the ****ing life out of me a fan for over 50 fuking years
We didn't have enough sense to try something like a box in one defense to stop the one-man wrecking crew. The idiot tampered with what wasn't broken while doing nothing to one of the worst ever defenses in college basketball.

Reactions: cat tat2
RP needs his reputation rejuvenated and UK needs its program rejuvenated, so it would be a win win for both. Because of his age, he would be motivated to do the work to get the job done quickly because he wouldn't have a lot of time to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cat tat2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT