ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Pippen says Zion should “shut it down” until the NBA Draft

If you start having guys treat CBB as a whole the way the bowl games have become...then it’s only a matter of time until the top 10 of each class starts utilizing that Gleague option or just sitting out all together similar to Bosa from Ohio State and prepping for the draft with other pros and trainers and working out with teams to showcase.

It’d be hilarious this year. But Zion is a big enough name that it starts that trend. We wouldn’t see the Walls and ADs anymore at this level.

Pippen's fondly recalling how he "shut it down," at a critical playoff moment, betraying his teammates, coach, city, league and generally dishonoring himself. Never had much use for him after that.

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/05/14/...d-pippen-sits-down-for-game-winning-play.html

By the way, I want Kentucky to play Duke in late March WITH Williamson. I think there is a very good chance the Cats will be the better team by then, and it'd be an epic, historic opportunity to turn a season upside down.

Last edited:
M6siw7.gif

If you start having guys treat CBB as a whole the way the bowl games have become...then it’s only a matter of time until the top 10 of each class starts utilizing that Gleague option or just sitting out all together similar to Bosa from Ohio State and prepping for the draft with other pros and trainers and working out with teams to showcase.

It’d be hilarious this year. But Zion is a big enough name that it starts that trend. We wouldn’t see the Walls and ADs anymore at this level.

If Kentucky whifs on McDaniels, Stewart and Hurt.. then I'm not sure it matters. Kentucky, for whatever reason, is struggling to get the top5 automatic NBA guys anyways, so good, let them all go right to the NBA.

He's fondly recalling how he "shut it down," at a critical playoff moment, betraying his teammates, coach, city, league and generally dishonoring himself. Never had much use for him after that.

https://www.nytimes.com/1994/05/14/...d-pippen-sits-down-for-game-winning-play.html

By the way, I want Kentucky to play Duke in late March WITH Williamson. I think there is a very good chance the Cats will be the better team by then, and it'd be an epic, historic opportunity to turn a season upside down.

I def want a rematch with Puke.

That’s my reservation....your menatility but we are also talking about the potential risk of losing or lessening very large sums of money. Again, I don’t necessarily agree with pippen but it would be on my mind. Few will remember this kids Duke year.

Something else that makes this more relevant today is Social Media.

CBB has always just been a step to a shot at the Pros and an evaluation period. Now with how in depth the social media coverage is on these guys from age 12 combined with the never ending AAU circuit, the top guys already have the exposure and branding they need to grab headlines and attention of NBA Scouts.

Before social media, College is where you made your name. Now, if you’re a top guy, everyone already knows your name.

It ends up making college an EXTRA step instead of a necessity. Risk/reward ratio gets skewed from a purely career/financial standpoint.

The one thing he has going for him from a potential injury perspective is he’s built like a truck. Big strong dude. Less likely to get injured.

Yeah, I totally understand that. The problem is where it will lead CBB to.

I do understand. I am not for quitting anything once you start but Zion's character is already suspect due to his actions already. (Do whatever at any cost.)

Leave it to Old knothead Scotty... I will always remember Pippen like this: (At this point he was at his best...)

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

imageproxy.php

Last edited:
Reactions: ManitouDan
Dead serious.

That loss at the beginning of the year took something out of me and damn well took something out of the Cats!

I want revenge and the best way to do that is beat them in March when it counts way more.

I hope duke u loses well before they play UK. jmuo

UK could then justify everything as a fluke...(It would be...at that point...)

I hope duke u loses well before they play UK. jmuo

UK could then justify everything as a fluke...(It would be...at that point...)

I wouldn’t be opposed to that as well but oh how sweet would it be to send them home in March.

Reactions: BBUK
If that happens they should make him pay back EVERY penny he was given for his scholarship. (Yes I realize that with an NBA contract it would amount to chump change for him but it’s the principle).

Dead serious.

That loss at the beginning of the year took something out of me and damn well took something out of the Cats!

I want revenge and the best way to do that is beat them in March when it counts way more.
Might want to ask yourself, who we have to guard Barrett and Zion?...I think id rather someone else beat them

Might want to ask yourself, who we have to guard Barrett and Zion?...I think id rather someone else beat them

Well we will be light years ahead of that November performance when March comes around.

I’m pretty sure we will have a better game plan there bud.

Also Duke has proved that they had their best shooting game against us In the first game of the season.

Reactions: MbergCat
They’ve already tried to start doing it. We went through it with Vando.

A bunch of us have said this, that they just need to sit it out until the NBA to which we were told sitting out of college is not a good option. Oh really? I wonder what they feel about players sitting in the jersey until draft? Let me guess, SURE. It’s all a goal to have college basketball professionalize. This is reaching a ridiculous point across college athletics and I’m not surprised it’s this generation starting this nonsense.

College basketball needs to be free of these types. Get the hell out of this game before you ruin it. And no, I don’t care about your “future earnings” take that sht to the pros.

The narrative would be "AS USUAL K IS AHEAD OF THE CURVE AND ONLY LOOKS OUT FOR THE KIDS! THEY SHOULD LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!" after years of "Cal is ruining the game".

Duke Vitale would be front and center screaming that narrative.

Reactions: MbergCat
One aspect of this is ZW could have a shorter than typical shelf life. He's a heavy guy and as physical as he plays his frame takes a beating.

Superstars like him are only going to college right now because they have to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT