ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Lewis is he the next Cat?

Heading to Florida imo, they are saling him on taking over for Hudson after he is gone this year. Also hearing rumors about Nembhart being one and done, but i think he will hit a freahman wall and will end up needing to prove more to scouts playing higher level competition..

I really enjoy the idea of the number 1, 2, 3, and 4 defensive rated players in the 2019 class committing to UK, but if Lewis wants to be a Gator, then good luck being able to score twice a year. [winking]

I jest. I wish him well wherever he decides to play. Seems like a good kid. :smiley:

Cal will only take players that WANT to be at UK. Cal will bring in a great recruiting year for the ones that will leave after this season. I am not worried about recruiting as long as Cal is the head coach at UK !

Reactions: JC43 and Cindog28
Re some posts in this thread, where would Quade be going?

Florida just got a commit from teamate Alex Klatzky as a preferred walk on who visited this past weekend with Lewis and Omar Payne...

Florida just got a commit from teamate Alex Klatzky as a preferred walk on who visited this past weekend with Lewis and Omar Payne...

Correct.
Klatsky is hs teammate and very close friend of Scottie. His dad founded their aau team (team rio national).
Mann was also visiting this weekend and has been actively recruiting his potential classmates.

I think the consensus with Quade is he would take the Briscoe route and play overseas if he can’t get drafted after his sophomore year. I get that vibe as well although I have zero intel.

Nowhere. He'll more than likely be back at UK next year as he's already bought into his role unlike guys like SKJ, Matthews, and Lee who left.

Possibly. I think Quad, and maybe more so his camp, was a bit miffed about Cal reaching out to Hagans and then to Maxey (who at the time may have reclassified). That seemed to be the bigger issue than not going to the NBA.

So assuming he progressed well, he would probably have MUCH more roster stability next year.. That, and not having possibly 3 additional guards and 3 more SG/SF's..

Possibly. I think Quad, and maybe more so his camp, was a bit miffed about Cal reaching out to Hagans and then to Maxey (who at the time may have reclassified). That seemed to be the bigger issue than not going to the NBA.

So assuming he progressed well, he would probably have MUCH more roster stability next year.. That, and not having possibly 3 additional guards and 3 more SG/SF's..

In the Bahamas he was very friendly and was the first to be at practice everyday and even for the games. I don't think any player for Cal would be miffed unless they were ready to transfer. He definitely doesn't put up with attitude and Green doesn't have one, that's for sure.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT