ADVERTISEMENT

Scottie Lewis is he the next Cat?

I hate when these reports come out saying that we are in a lot better position than most think.. This usually means
1)The kid or recruiting sites are trying to leverage the school for notoriety.
2) We are the 3rd or 4th option, never really considered...

I hate when these reports come out saying that we are in a lot better position than most think.. This usually means
1)The kid or recruiting sites are trying to leverage the school for notoriety.
2) We are the 3rd or 4th option, never really considered...
Report is Maxey is actually recruiting him. So I don’t see that as a bad thing.

I just read something about a lot of buzz going on with Lewis. TJ Walker reporting that UK is in a much better position with him than most thought. Lewis Maxey and Whitney would be lethal together.
I like the idea of Lewis here now that we have shooters Maxey, Allen and Whitney on board. Whether he winds up here remains to be seen.

Lewis would be a great addition.
With all the "changes" the NCAA plan on doing, we should really enjoy the type of teams Cal cones up with. I know that Cal will adjust his strategem and be at the forefront...with the end of OAD, 17yo with agents, it is interesting to see if college basketball play as a whole will suffer, or will it be a much better game with kids with talent vs 7ft wingspans, 6ft10in players of potential...to more kids with fundamental skills...will be interesting to say the leasy

I've always thought we were in a really good position to land him and was surprised to hear otherwise. I even posted quotes from Cats Pause that showed his high internet level in UK. I believe if Cal prioritizes him then he's a UK lock. JMO.

Reactions: Mr_GG and TopCatCal
Sure he can shoot the ball. Ive never seen a human with arms that when attempting to shoot a basketball that they could not do it.

This may have some credibility with the news that Cal has slacked off on Anthony. Maxey is a combo and could play pg with Lewis at the 2.
Cal is doing the right thing as there is no chance IMO Anthony's dad would let him go to UK . I bet you he ends up at a school where is the sole big time player. Similar to how Trae Young was at Oklahoma . Maxey is a more talented player anyway. Not saying he is a better player right now just more talented. Maxey could be an NBA all star while I think Anthony will be a NBA starter in terms of potential. But we need at least 1 more SG and probably another guard as well who can play either SG or PG . Lewis would fit the former bill. I also wouldnt be shocked to see us add a grad transfer guard or reclassifier as we won't know for sure with the guards til April so I doubt Cal can talk more then 1 big time guard into signing in the early period in addition to Maxey. Although it is important to remember both Allen and Whitney can play guard as well.

Cal is doing the right thing as there is no chance IMO Anthony's dad would let him go to UK . I bet you he ends up at a school where is the sole big time player. Similar to how Trae Young was at Oklahoma . Maxey is a more talented player anyway. Not saying he is a better player right now just more talented. Maxey could be an NBA all star while I think Anthony will be a NBA starter in terms of potential. But we need at least 1 more SG and probably another guard as well who can play either SG or PG . Lewis would fit the former bill. I also wouldnt be shocked to see us add a grad transfer guard or reclassifier as we won't know for sure with the guards til April so I doubt Cal can talk more then 1 big time guard into signing in the early period in addition to Maxey. Although it is important to remember both Allen and Whitney can play guard as well.

I agree, and in the other thread about Anthony, I said that his Dad should probably send him to Oklahoma. Not sure now if Cal will add another guard, or not. I think he will probably keep a couple in a holding pattern, until he gets far enough into the season to see who may stay, and who may leave. If we get back Baker, Herro, and Hagans, then he would not need anyone else, and probably couldn't sign another if he wanted to. If Herro, or Hagans leaves, then there may be a need. Of course, I am assuming that Quickley and Quade leave, but no way to know if that will happen, either. Any scenario, I trust Cal.

I don't think he is a great shooter but he ain't Briscoe either . Sorta like Johnson is this year he is a guy who make them but he is going to score more driving and mid range.
Keldon didn’t make them at a good rate in AAU and took fewer than two 3-point attempts per game. Now it looks like he has focused on it and can shoot. Lewis might wind up being the same way.

Sounds good to me. [smoke]

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/8/2...ll-recruiting-scottie-lewis-kentucky-wildcats

"at least based on why KSR’s TJ Walker is reporting. Walker posted an interesting update on Lewis and Kentucky’s chances with him:

In the UK recruiting stock market it’s time to buy Scottie Lewis stock. I (surprisingly) heard great things about UK’s chances with Lewis over the last week. I’ve never thought too highly of UK’s chances with the duo of Bryan Antoine and Scottie Lewis, but I’m starting to come around to the idea of Lewis and UK.

Over the summer, Lewis cut his list down to six schools: The Kentucky Wildcats, Duke Blue Devils, St. John’s Red Storm, Stanford Cardinal, Villanova Wildcats and Florida Gators.

There’s actually be a lot of buzz for St. John’s recently, likely due to them being rather close to home for Lewis, but it’s hard to see a school like Kentucky or Duke not winning out if they really make him a priority.

Lewis was first offered a scholarship by John Calipari in September of 2017.

The 6-5, 185-pound Lewis is ranked No. 13 overall by Rivals and the third-best shooting guard. He’s No. 10 overall at ESPN in addition to being the No. 1 small forward. 247 has him at No. 9 overall and the second-best small forward.

Whitney and Lewis is especially a scary tandem to think of, as they’re easily two of the best defenders in the Class of 2019. Lewis is easily one of, if not the best perimeter defender, and current Kentucky commit Tyrese Maxey was named the EYBL Defensive Player of the Year.

The thought of Maxey, Lewis and Whitney on the floor together is probably something that has Calipari salivating at the thought of from a defensive standpoint. It sounds like there’s a real chance this could become a reality."

Meh. A 4 and a half minute video clip and only 4 dunks. All in transition. He can shoot though, did not miss one shot in the whole highlight reel.

How can this be? I read on an opponents board that with Duke and KU taking our recruits and now Penney, well that will be the demise of Cal and UK. Exaggeration?

Any idea when he is going to make a decision ? Fall or spring ?

Last edited:
Who knows as we will need 2 more guards IMO as only Baker is a lock to come back ( though I bet somehow someway we get a 2nd guy to come back as well.

I agree. Out of IQ, Quade, Herro, Hagans, one will we be back.

Last edited:
If we don’t add any of the big PG recruits this year and instead get a guy like Hagans back to work on his offense, would love to add a guy like Lewis to the fold.

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/kentucky-basketball-scottie-lewis-bryan-antoine-recruitment

Posted 4 months ago

"Lewis recently went on a binge of visits to Kentucky, Duke, Florida, Villanova and St. John’s.

“Some were better than others, and some just felt like family,” Lewis said.

Asked which ones stood out, and Lewis pointed to three.

“Florida, and St. John’s and Villanova, they’ve been following me since I was in eighth grade in those back gyms,” Lewis said. “Every time I’m around them it just feels like family.”

He then outlined what the pitches were from Kentucky and Duke.

“Coach K’s pitch was not to worry about the past, but to worry about the present and that I could come into the program and create something new,” Lewis said. “That’s definitely what I’m all about … Kentucky’s pitch was that [John Calipari’s] gonna take care of me. He’s gonna push me hard, he’s gonna love me as a player and a person.”

Although he first singled out Florida, St. John’s and Villanova, Lewis said that no school on his list is ahead of another.

Lewis hopes to cut his list in August and then make his final decision by the middle of his senior season."

ADVERTISEMENT