ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Padgett

Even putting aside everything else, how can people be negative about a current SEC top assistant who has also been a head coach? It’s a good hire.

Reactions: dl51344
So I AM only here to hate but you are the one calling me garbage.Something seems off here.
Yes. Both things can be true. Judges throw kidnappers into jail. Good people can acknowledge that you are a garbage, crybaby, hater.

Sweetheart did you forget you also hated on me a few minutes ago.Now go back to bed with mommy.
I don't hate anyone. I wouldn't compromise my soul to hate the buzzing of you gnats. I do enjoy calling you out, and most of all watching you be unhappy.
My "mommy" died a couple of years ago. I sleep next to the same woman I've slept next to for 40 years.

Nazr or Chuck Hayes could serve as “GM”.

Pretty sure he will bring Fueger from BYU. Padgett would make 2. Would still have two assistant roles open.
What experience do they have coaching? Chuck wants to Sing and Act apparently, not coach.

Isn't he associate HC at MST?
We could offer him a promotion
a9210df5-c84a-4c06-9f6b-6530e1cb3df4_text.gif

This board is crazy as hell, think I'll take a long break. Some lunatic's or drunk's always chiming in with non-sense.

Oh yeah Rick Barnes officially took his name out of wanting the job! Just wanted to let all you lifer's know it was true.
Adios bum. Cant handle the fire. Bye.

First off, its basketball. Basically all hires are part of a network. Everybody has connections, that's how you get on a staff.

Mark knows the importance of this, as does Scott. Having 2 guys on staff that have lived the life, both good and bad HAS to be a good thing.

For the others, I agree we need a great recruiter. If we got someone with international ties that would be a plus. But I don't know who Mark's connections are there.

I hope he keeps Tyler Ulis in some capacity. I want him as a KY coach, not an Arkansas one.

If he can coach as well as he played he would be good, wish we could have kept coach O for recruiting but saying that maybe Coach Pope will bring in a good recruiter.

Would like him to bring Cody Fueger with him but not sure if BYU would be interested in elevating him to replace Pope?

Need recruiters and to outside "the family" and get guys who can get players.

The assistants are going to play a major role in how well Pope does. However, in today’s world of NIL not many are going to be out bidding us. We saved a lot of money for this reason, and that’s the main factor. The money and the brand create the machine. And with Pope’s modernized offense he should be able to really make a splash.

But he can’t close the book on “what if’s” by hiring killer assistants. I hope he does.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Good. He hasn't done anything here yet. People like you are showing your tails now. On the warpath before anything actually happens. Soon you'll be calling fans "nut huggers" because you haven't had an original thought in your whole life. Go away, you miserable hack

Nah there were some serious Calipari clowns who were unable to see how bad off we were with that pos in the lead. I mean it couldn’t have been more obvious so those terms applied. And none of those guys should be forming opinions right now after seeing how insanely nuts their positions were.

Pope had a fun system, he’s a 90’s cat, and he will bring back Kentucky the way it’s meant to be after Calipari nearly destroyed it. They aren’t the same thing but everyone needs a few detractors I guess.

Isn't he associate HC at MST?
He’s Assistant to the Head Coach. I’m not even sure it’s a position that recruits or has on court coaching responsibilities. I’m not anti-Padgett, but his resume as an assistant isn’t the strongest thing out there with stops at Samford, Manhattan, New Mexico and now in an administrative role at Mississippi State.

If he comes in as the 4th guy, then I’d be ok with that, but 1-3 need to be a lot stronger imo.

Do you see now how you can't say anything negative against Pope without being attacked?

What negative thing do you have to say at this point? The man hasn’t coached a game here. If you’re already questioning every thing he does or doesn’t do you are either just a negative/miserable person in general, or you have Calipari fatigue. The latter I can understand though, so I forgive you little buddy.

Can Scott teach them to hit that turn around three pointer off the screen like he did? If so then he is an outstanding hire.

Have to get young, cannot fill spots with buddies (didn’t we hate Cal for that), have to get a master recruiter.

I don’t see what Padgett brings, he’s an admin to the head coach currently, he cannot be one of the major assistants at UK

Agree but not those guys.
Your recruiting assistant has to be a work your ass off type of guy.
Former star players don't fit that mold here at UK or anywhere else.

UNC’s staff includes a 4-year starter, a walk-on with the Jamison-Carter teams, and a FF MOP. Some of the support staff include an All-American and someone on the floor when Webber called a timeout. Fwiw.

Reactions: IbnSaran
Don't even know if it makes sense but I'd like to see Rondo as the former Cat on staff. I think his name is very valuable for recruiting as he played in the league forever and was a pretty big name.

Reactions: BlueVoodoo
What negative thing do you have to say at this point? The man hasn’t coached a game here. If you’re already questioning every thing he does or doesn’t do you are either just a negative/miserable person in general, or you have Calipari fatigue. The latter I can understand though, so I forgive you little buddy.
So I'm not allowed an opinion on people or recruits he brings in?Do you even know what a message board is for?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT