ADVERTISEMENT

Scoop Lemod on Zman

Says going to be here but eligibility issues on the horizon.
But of course...

NCAA be like:
raccoon-weird.gif

Isaac Humphries signed in late August (three weeks later than this) back before the era of open transfers and NIL. This will work out. Just a little drama to keep people checking in...
Don't know about drama, we all know how the NCAA treats us. Especially when it comes to this kind of stuff. We're still waiting for a decision on Enes....lol

Reactions: UKrazycat2
But of course...

NCAA be like:
raccoon-weird.gif

Be interesting to see how it plays out Based off the past no way it works out for us but im optimistic.This is a new era of college ball.
No doubt. UK should have had Kanter get cleared through Washington before he came to us. That move cost us a 2011 national title. With Kanter, there's no way we're losing to UConn by 1 point. Our frontline would have swallowed them alive.

College basketball has become a free for all on rules or lack there of, but of course NCAA will finally step up an enforce/invoke a rule when Kentucky tries to add a player
It's like the NCAA has lost all jurisdiction on paying player and illegal benefits....but they still own the eligibility/certification to attend college academically....so they lean in heavily on this subject.

All the while some of the dumbest dudes possible in American High schools skirt right into college with some of the most bogus high school credentials known to man.

We won’t get the same curtesy Kansas and Tennessee got, the NCAA would use Kentucky as An example
I'm not so sure I agree with this. Times have changed. The "old guard" has changed. The NCAA in completely impotent now. We've brought some guys in here who had eligibility shade around them. The "NCAA hates UK" argument is about 7 to 8 years beyond its expiration date now. Cal's no longer wearing the black hate like he was in 2009, and the NCAA has conceded to almost all of Cal's original points, and even surpassed some of Cal's liberalisms to the point where Calipari looks conservative on some of the most recent developments.

What "example" would the NCAA be making when there's absolutely no structure from which to point to that example? It's a wild west show now, and the exploits UNC, Kansas, Duke (the Zion and Bagley stuff) and others have only worked to establish that point.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure I agree with this. Times have changed. The "old guard" has changed. The NCAA in completely impotent now. We've brought some guys in here who had eligibility shade around them. The "NCAA hates UK" argument is about 7 to 8 years beyond its expiration date now. Cal's no longer wearing the black hate like he was in 2009, and the NCAA has conceded to almost all of Cal's original points, and even surpassed some of Cal's liberalisms to the point where Calipari looks conservative on some of the most recent developments.

What "example" would the NCAA be making when there's absolutely no structure from which to point to that example? It's a wild west show now, and the exploits UNC, Kanas, Duke (the Zion and Bagley stuff) and others have only worked to establish that point.
I can see either side but the Kentucky has never gotten the treatment the other 3 have. But I think the motto of whatever one of the big schools does southern Illinois or some other school gets in trouble is becoming more true

I can see either side but the Kentucky has never gotten the treatment the other 3 have. But I think the motto of whatever one of the big schools does southern Illinois or some other school gets in trouble is becoming more true
I think there's been a few cases where the NCAA could have hammered us recently if they had looked into eligibility issues a bit more: Bledsoe, Noel, Skal, Dillingham, etc. We all had doubts about all four of those guys being eligible here, and the NCAA let us skate on all four.

I think there's been a few cases where the NCAA could have hammered us recently if they had looked into eligibility issues a bit more: Bledsoe, Noel, Skal, Dillingham, etc. We all had doubts about all four of those guys being eligible here, and the NCAA let us skate on all four.
Was Skal from overseas? That seems to ALWAYS be the hangup for us. The overseas guys always get more scrutiny.

Was Skal from overseas? That seems to ALWAYS be the hangup for us. The overseas guys always get more scrutiny.
It's a new age. Guys are openly getting endorsements while still in high school and still playing for college programs. Dillingham signed with OTE for a base salary of $100,000.

What would be the difference? We aren't in the days of Enes Kanter amateurism status anymore. The amateurism big bad wolves of the NCAA have been taken out to the woodshed, shot through the spine, and hung on a wall. It's a wild west now.

Get the kid. Play him, and like my buddy @MWes11 noted, just ignore the NCAA if they make any issue about it.

What "example" would the NCAA be making when there's absolutely no structure from which to point to that example? It's a wild west show now, and the exploits UNC, Kanas, Duke (the Zion and Bagley stuff) and others have only worked to establish that point.
I agree plus when we're good its good for the sport.Ratings suck across the board. We move the needle. Cal is one of the last made guys out there.Its about time he start using some of his pull.

Suddenly, what had been considered UK's weak spot (frontcourt) looks more and more like a corresponding strength to that elite backcourt. We might have three future first round picks in the frontline. Somebody help me out, but we haven't had that since 2015, right (Lyles, WCS, Towns)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT