ADVERTISEMENT

Scoop Lemod on Zman

This kid looks LEGIT- already was projected to be a 2nd round pick last year and looking to play his way into a 1st.

We could be looking at Four 1st Round Picks and a couple of 2nd rounders on next years roster, not even factoring in Reed, Mitchell, etc.. That is 2012 level talent.

Absolutely have to get this kid, and absolutely have to get him eligible.

I am not worried about the eligibility side of things, I agree with @Son_Of_Saul that I think he gets cleared and I actually don't even think we accept a commitment from him if we aren't certain he'll be eligible.

So my guess is- if the kid commits this week like everyone expects, I fully expect him to be in Blue & White this season, and I can't even express how much excitement I have for this season.

Kansas might be in for a rude-awakening on opening night in Chicago.

After all of the shenanigans from Duke, Miami, Louisville, Kansas, UNC, etc the NCAA did nothing about, they better not give us trouble over this.
Or what? We'll tell on them for not screwing over the programs? You saw the blind eye they turned to those scums? It boils my blood just how much and for how long they got away with all that.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Says going to be here but eligibility issues on the horizon.
He does have an agent and that agent has been advancing monies for expenses. Those advances would have to be paid. And he worked out for the Pacers (same time as Oscar) while having an agent. Would think UK knew of this and felt comfortable proceeding. We'll see how it plays out. I think he will commit today or tomorrow to get the process started.

He does have an agent and that agent has been advancing monies for expenses. Those advances would have to be paid. And he worked out for the Pacers (same time as Oscar) while having an agent. Would think UK knew of this and felt comfortable proceeding. We'll see how it plays out. I think he will commit today or tomorrow to get the process started.

Dave you're the best when it comes to the scoop around here, but wondering where you think UK is in that process?

I mentioned it a bit above but I can't imagine us accepting a commitment unless we feel almost certain that he'll be eligible, OR we already know he will be.

Can't imagine Cal wants another period of roster drama heading into the year (after back to back years of Sharpe, then Wheeler, then Bradshaw this Spring).

What are your thoughts?

So does he have to pay the money back or or cut ties with the agent

Dave you're the best when it comes to the scoop around here, but wondering where you think UK is in that process?

I mentioned it a bit above but I can't imagine us accepting a commitment unless we feel almost certain that he'll be eligible, OR we already know he will be.

Can't imagine Cal wants another period of roster drama heading into the year (after back to back years of Sharpe, then Wheeler, then Bradshaw this Spring).

What are your thoughts?
I have those same thoughts. that is, There's no time to waste on this. So Cal and company, Would have been wasting no time getting what they need to know.

This kid looks LEGIT- already was projected to be a 2nd round pick last year and looking to play his way into a 1st.

We could be looking at Four 1st Round Picks and a couple of 2nd rounders on next years roster, not even factoring in Reed, Mitchell, etc.. That is 2012 level talent.

Absolutely have to get this kid, and absolutely have to get him eligible.

I am not worried about the eligibility side of things, I agree with @Son_Of_Saul that I think he gets cleared and I actually don't even think we accept a commitment from him if we aren't certain he'll be eligible.

So my guess is- if the kid commits this week like everyone expects, I fully expect him to be in Blue & White this season, and I can't even express how much excitement I have for this season.

Kansas might be in for a rude-awakening on opening night in Chicago.
IF. Let's not count chickens.

Don't know about drama, we all know how the NCAA treats us. Especially when it comes to this kind of stuff. We're still waiting for a decision on Enes....lol
hopefully Emmert not being in charge anymore helps the situation. Kanter's issues were largely retribution from Emmert for stealing him from Washington. Emmert went to be President of the NCAA from Washington.

Be interesting to see how it plays out Based off the past no way it works out for us but im optimistic.This is a new era of college ball.
I really don’t see how they could deny him at this point honestly. Other than grades but that’s up to the University.

If he’s legit I think the agent will see a way to get paid in the meantime…

Suddenly, what had been considered UK's weak spot (frontcourt) looks more and more like a corresponding strength to that elite backcourt. We might have three future first round picks in the frontline. Somebody help me out, but we haven't had that since 2015, right (Lyles, WCS, Towns)?
There is a possibility that we have five first rounders.

Edwards, Wagner, and Bradshaw are legit 1st round possibilities. Ivisic is expected to be as well.

Dillingham and Sheppard have that potential as well.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we end up with five first rounders on this squad.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
There's been a whole lot more situations with eligibility since Kanter. Probably can get him clear. How is the question I think. Not if. Im only a fan though. Just an opinion

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT