ADVERTISEMENT

Say something positive about Cal.

Man....

I "ain't" got the sense God gave a goose... I took them both on within a couple posts... See ya'll....

Last edited:
Reactions: IL Wildcat
He's a great recruiter, humanitarian, and an NBA player architect coach.

I've seen this thread here all day but it took me that long to come up with something without falling backwards into negativity.

He's a decent recruiter.
He does care about his kids and their futures.
He cares about using his position to help the Kentucky communities during times of need.

When he got inducted into the HOF, he deserved it at that time, based on his previous work and successes.

That's all I got.

Someone already said it, he’s the best humanitarian in this state as a public figure.

Another question, name a single
Coach in the country who is hated by his fanbase more than Cal is here.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Someone already said it, he’s the best humanitarian in this state as a public figure.

Another question, name a single
Coach in the country who is hated by his fanbase more than Cal is here.
Repeating this for what feels like the 1000th time. I don't hate Cal. I hate the coach he has become. We used to have Swaggy Cal. Where did he go?

Reactions: Girthang
He has always been gracious to my kids when we've met him in person. Just taking pics and stuff, he says more than 1-2 words. Asks questions, gives complements and seems to genuinely appreciate putting on his camps for the most part.

I don't hate the guy. I'm just sad about the state of the program under Cal.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to the tournament.

So to look at the bright side, I'd like for posters to say one thing positive about Cal.

I'll start.

I can only think of one or two times this year that I've heard him yell "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Your turn.
He doesn't sweat much for a fat guy.

So to look at the bright side, I'd like for posters to say one thing positive about Cal.

I'll start.

I can only think of one or two times this year that I've heard him yell "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Your turn.
He’s good on draft day

With Cal.....I feel about him the same way I did about Tubby in his final seasons.
I acknowledged AND appreciate all the great things he did. BBN was as downtrodden as I ever recall during the Billy Clyde days . Cal came in and immediately made UK basketball matter again . He restored our pride and gave back our swagger...... but his time has passed.
Just like with Tubby the pressure and enormity of the job wore him down to the point he's numb and just doesn't give a damn anymore .
Thank you John Vincent Calipari .... im truly grateful for what you did and when you did it.....but its time to move on. Your work here is done . The game changed and you didn't so it's no longer a good match.....go enjoy your twilight years with your incredible family and allow UK to grow with the changing game .

Say something positive about Cal

no-i-dont-think.gif

I wanted Cal here in the worst way. I was right. He had an unexpected sell by date though. Buyer beware. Wished he cared more about winning games than the green room.

I'll start.

Your turn.
He'll be gone someday..

Ah, I should have known. I wonder if there is another fanbase that hates their coach as much as we do? And here I am, actually hoping for UK to have a good NCAA tournament. I guess I'm just a tool. Should be hoping for an early loss so we don't have to keep manufacturing positive comments about the coach with a thread entitled "say something nice about Calipari" like a bunch of gradeschool children. That way, we can start all over hating another guy. Whoever comes in will HAVE to be better than the one we've got, right?

People from schools all over absolutely peek in on this board and have to be laughing at how ugly some of our fans can be. Its an embarassment and makes it easy for them to hate us. Very easy. This thread is an embarrassment intended to get smug responses, and it got quite a few. It got quite a few genuinely nice comments as well, to be fair.

Last edited:
1. He can recite every line from Little House on the Prairie -Season One - Episode 10- The Voice of Tinker Jones.
2. He’s one hell of a foot washer
3. He’s the only guy in the country who can hold Rob Dillingham under 20 ppg.

I'll start.

Your turn.
It was really awesome about the first 60% of his tenure here. I never had more fun as a Cat fan except our 3 peat.

He's done an amazing job at keeping our players out of trouble. The job he did with Cousins seems remarkable when you look back on it. Also, his players seem to be nice. I've gotten to meet a few of them and they were very friendly and down to earth.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT