ADVERTISEMENT

Sarr cleared by NCAA according to Dickie V

I never saw UKINCINCY as being negative. IMO he was just stating facts. It was refreshing to read his posts as he has knowledge in how the NCAA works on waivers.

Reactions: panchodan
The expert lawyer was UKINCINCY. He has posted several times why the NCAA might not give SARR a waiver. He is a lawyer that deals with the NCAA. I said from day one that Sarr would get the waiver and he continued to make negative posts as to why Sarr would have a hard time getting a waiver.
Yes and it’s nauseating. Been nauseating for months upon months now.

I never saw UKINCINCY as being negative. IMO he was just stating facts. It was refreshing to read his posts as he has knowledge in how the NCAA works on waivers.
I think it’s good news. If he were coming from another SEC school maybe they would hold i
I think it’s good news. If he were coming from another SEC school maybe, but I expect the SEC to clear him.

Reactions: kl40504
The expert lawyer was UKINCINCY. He has posted several times why the NCAA might not give SARR a waiver. He is a lawyer that deals with the NCAA. I said from day one that Sarr would get the waiver and he continued to make negative posts as to why Sarr would have a hard time getting a waiver.
Oh, I knew to whom the poster was referring. I just wanted them to name the poster so evidence on the board would show the claim was false. To easy to hide behind vague accusations. @UKnCincy never jumped on the criticize the NCAA bandwagon and did not blame them for the delay, rather described the policies, procedures and practices the NCAA must go through when examining the issues and making a decision. He or she also pointed out a potential point of conflict with something Sarr himself said as to why he was transferring and that the NCAA would have to reconcile that comment against their rules for transfer.

His post was not negative. You just read it that way. He stated facts and different ways it could go based on that. Negative people see all things in a negative light.

It's up to the sarry sec.

AVLnj8U.jpg

Just to be clear: Has ANYONE, Zagoria or otherwise, confirmed Dickie V's interpretation of what has happened -- the NCAA cleared him and the SEC is pondering a waiver? It all sounds plausible but usually once something is out getting it confirmed is easy enough.

Sure hope he is correct. Cal feels good about him getting the waiver, so that tells me the young man will be playing this year.

UKCincy was not being a doom and gloom, nor a sunshine pumper. he simply stated the facts at hand, and the possible results of what could happen on both sides. Because it did not agree with your thoughts or belief, does not make it negative. He just simply laid out all of the possible outcomes and facts behind the waiver being approved or denied. It was actually well thought out and transcribed, very easy to understand.

Just to be clear: Has ANYONE, Zagoria or otherwise, confirmed Dickie V's interpretation of what has happened -- the NCAA cleared him and the SEC is pondering a waiver? It all sounds plausible but usually once something is out getting it confirmed is easy enough.
UK staff has actually been pretty open to people around the program about him being cleared by the NCAA. I posted that he had been cleared by the NCAA a while back, based on what I heard from a few people. I got questioned by @UKincincy pretty hard and he acted like it was impossible, but I stated at that time UK was still working out the accouncement of it. I did not know it was being held up by the SEC. UK staff feels really good about it though, so I would imagine they don't see any issues from the SEC.

Here's my theory: The SEC commissioner's office is under a lot of pressure to approve transfers of football players like Mays and Gatewood from INSIDE the conference. Sankey commented on that today -- making clear he was talking about transferring from one SEC school to another.

I suspect Sankey doesn't want to muddy the waters by publicly approving Sarr's transfer from a school OUTSIDE the conference at the same time this controversy is unfolding. It just opens him up to someone claiming it shouldn't matter, etc.

I'd guess that has been signaled to Kentucky and that's why the staff is so confident.

Again, that's just a theory.

Here's my theory: The SEC commissioner's office is under a lot of pressure to approve transfers of football players like Mays and Gatewood from INSIDE the conference. Sankey commented on that today -- making clear he was talking about transferring from one SEC school to another.

I suspect Sankey doesn't want to muddy the waters by publicly approving Sarr's transfer from a school OUTSIDE the conference at the same time this controversy is unfolding. It just opens him up to someone claiming it shouldn't matter, etc.

I'd guess that has been signaled to Kentucky and that's why the staff is so confident.

Again, that's just a theory.
Cal has acted like he's on cloud 9 in the last two national tv appearances so I'd say your theory or something close to it is correct.

UK staff has actually been pretty open to people around the program about him being cleared by the NCAA. I posted that he had been cleared by the NCAA a while back, based on what I heard from a few people. I got questioned by @UKincincy pretty hard and he acted like it was impossible, but I stated at that time UK was still working out the accouncement of it. I did not know it was being held up by the SEC. UK staff feels really good about it though, so I would imagine they don't see any issues from the SEC.

I recall you saying that. It was back in late May.

At that time, you also mentioned that the hold up was because UK was waiting for an answer from the NCAA on Toppin’s waiver request, and that UK wanted to announce they would both be immediately eligible at the same time. You also said that an announcement would be made in a couple of days.

Given the openness of UK’s staff that you just mentioned, what is the latest they’ve told you on Toppin’s waiver?

Reactions: Ron Mehico
What coach do we think this is?

This is why I don't love the "Why would the SEC hurt it's top program?" defense, which yes, I do agree should be a concern for them, as not having Sarr removes Kentucky from title contention , IMO..

.. but because there's a dozen other schools that are in direct competition with UK. To think that the other coaches WANT to see Kentucky fix it's one and only position of concern, is giving them too much credit. Having Sarr means more SEC wins for Kentucky, greater odds at winning the SEC and the SECT.. you think Bruce Pearl is for that?

I recall you saying that. It was back in late May.

At that time, you also mentioned that the hold up was because UK was waiting for an answer from the NCAA on Toppin’s waiver request, and that UK wanted to announce they would both be immediately eligible at the same time. You also said that an announcement would be made in a couple of days.

Given the openness of UK’s staff that you just mentioned, what is the latest they’ve told you on Toppin’s waiver?
I said they were wanting to announce them together. I don't recall giving a time frame other than expecting they would be sooner than later. I did not know about the SEC hold-up at the time.

From what I know, Toppin isn't expected to play this year. Not sure if it was a waiver denial or personal choice. I just know a waiver was initially applied for.

It's okay to just to say you were incorrect in your assessments and move on you know!

Troll, troll, troll your boat even further down shit creek...

Spoken like a true troll that threw some stinky underwear against the wall and had a 50 50 chance they’d stick. We’ve been at this for awhile. We know a drive by when we see it. As proof, any mention of the SEC entanglement was missing from your fabrication.
Wrong. Just formalities. You are welcome

What coach do we think this is?

I have no inside knowledge on this specifically, so I’m purely speculating here, but I wouldn’t be shocked to hear it was Cuonzo Martin. He’s more influential than most people realize.

The key question is not so much which coach, but were they able to mobilize additional support. If he successfully convinced a couple of university presidents to voice the same concerns, then that creates a bigger challenge than if the coach was simply making their opinion known on multiple occasions.

Nick Saban has tried this in the past as well and failed to block a transfer waiver because the university presidents didn’t really wade into the situation. As long as the presidents sit this one out too, I’m not too worried about a basketball coach because no basketball coach in the league comes close to wielding the kind of influence that Saban has.

Knowing some of the people involved, I fully expect the conference to treat UK fairly. That doesn’t guarantee that they’ll grant Sarr a waiver, but I do believe they will evaluate the waiver request fairly based on the intent of the bylaws and come to the decision they honestly believe is the correct one.

Lastly I’d just say this. As I mentioned last week when discussing Kanter, UK has had one of the more powerful voices at the NCAA the past few years thanks to Capilouto and Barnhart. The same holds true with the conference office and they both have very good relationships with the conference leadership. I’d need to hear a lot more about what this other coach was doing to lobby against Sarr (and the arguments they were making) before I start to worry about it.

Last edited:
Which SEC coach is slithering around trying to poison things for Kentucky with his greasy two-faced antics?

Bruce Pearl is the first name that comes to mind. It would be far from the first time he's done something like this.

Hey Mitch, tell Sankey that UK is going to BOYCOTT the SEC Tournament if they don't release Sarr!!!!

Without UK, The SEC Tournament might as well be in a high school gym.

This is BEYOND ridiculous considering ALL of the SEC Football transfers that get approved for the Big Boys!!!

I said they were wanting to announce them together. I don't recall giving a time frame other than expecting they would be sooner than later. I did not know about the SEC hold-up at the time.

From what I know, Toppin isn't expected to play this year. Not sure if it was a waiver denial or personal choice. I just know a waiver was initially applied for.

It's okay to just to say you were incorrect in your assessments and move on you know!

Actually you mentioned it would happen as soon as Toppin‘s waiver came back and referenced a timeline of days.

The more interesting piece though is that Vitale is saying that the NCAA approved the waiver around the end of July. However, you’re saying that Vitale is wrong and that Sarr’s waiver was actually approved another two months prior to that (in late May). Which would also mean that UK has been dealing with the SEC for four months on Sarr’s request.

Why do you think Vitale’s date is so far off from what you were told?

Actually you mentioned it would happen as soon as Toppin‘s waiver came back and referenced a timeline of days.

The more interesting piece though is that Vitale is saying that the NCAA approved the waiver around the end of July. However, you’re saying that Vitale is wrong and that Sarr’s waiver was actually approved another two months prior to that (in late May). Which would also mean that UK has been dealing with the SEC for four months on Sarr’s request.

Why do you think Vitale’s date is so far off from what you were told?
I don't think that is quite what I said. I think you will find I said UK would like to announce them together. That ended up not being the case.

Lol, I guess this would make it the first time Dicky V has been incorrect on details? [winking]

It has been cleared for that long. UK has been dealing with the SEC for well over 2 months now. Dicky V isn't wrong, just a little off on the timeline details.

Lol, why is is bothering you so much that you were wrong?

Hey Mitch, tell Sankey that UK is going to BOYCOTT the SEC Tournament if they don't release Sarr!!!!

Without UK, The SEC Tournament might as well be in a high school gym.

This is BEYOND ridiculous considering ALL of the SEC Football transfers that get approved for the Big Boys!!!
That's what I am saying. Just play non SEC games/bubbles if they don't clear him and get an at large bid to the tournament. If the SEC can't make money off UK, they will clear him real quick.

And apparently for much of that time he was posting how hard it would be, the NCAA had already granted eligibility. Anybody else find it ironic that the guy who had all the "inside info" on transfers and how hard they are had no clue Sarr had been cleared? :)

Is all Vitale do now is tweet about Sarr? 5 of his last 11 tweets are about it.

I like the attention, but it seems a little weird why he cares so much.

No one. The poster in question has never offered an opinion on whether Sarr will or won’t be cleared. He hasn’t consistently said it will be an uphill battle. Some just like to hear/read what they want.

Well you can pretend he didn’t lean toward the side of rejection if you want, but he clearly did. He has spent months explaining to people why Sarr is different from every single case that’s gone before the NCAA. Sometimes he simply made shit up in lawyer fashion and argued from that.

And what’s funny about UKCincy is, it looks like the entire time he was arguing as to why the ruling is taking so long, and why this case is soooo different from all the others, Sarr was cleared the entire time[laughing][laughing]

So yea, he was insinuating plenty. But feel free to pretend he wasn’t.

And apparently for much of that time he was posting how hard it would be, the NCAA had already granted eligibility. Anybody else find it ironic that the guy who had all the "inside info" on transfers and how hard they are had no clue Sarr had been cleared? :)

As you can see from a number of other responses in this thread, I think most people were able to keep up with the points I’ve consistently stated since May but looks like you could use some help.

One of those points was reminding folks that I have had zero involvement with Sarr’s waiver request and have no inside knowledge of the arguments UK was making or where exactly things stood in terms of the process. UK is not one of my clients so I’m not privy to that level of information, nor have I ever stated or hinted at that.

You can look back through my old posts too if you need to get a refresher on what I have, or haven’t, stated in the past. Looks like you and maybe a couple of others would benefit from that.

Technically he has 2 years remaining when you consider this fall doesn’t count due to COVID. But I’m guessing they don’t see it that way. The rule the SEC has needs to be amended with all the waivers coming out.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Oh, I knew to whom the poster was referring. I just wanted them to name the poster so evidence on the board would show the claim was false. To easy to hide behind vague accusations. @UKnCincy never jumped on the criticize the NCAA bandwagon and did not blame them for the delay, rather described the policies, procedures and practices the NCAA must go through when examining the issues and making a decision. He or she also pointed out a potential point of conflict with something Sarr himself said as to why he was transferring and that the NCAA would have to reconcile that comment against their rules for transfer.

Appreciate the feedback from you and a number of others who’ve been able to keep up. The reaction of a few folks to my posts has been pretty amusing throughout the process, but otherwise not too concerned about it since it’s beyond my control.

Anyway, again, appreciate your post and some of the others with similar posts. As long as there are some folks interested in a deeper discussion of NCAA issues, then I’m happy to keep posting about it.

If sarr is eligible by the NCAA but not by the sec, does that mean he can play in all non sec games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT