ADVERTISEMENT

Sandwich Talk

1024px-Monte_Cristo_Sandwich-1.jpg

Last fall we took a trip to Pacific Northwest. We stopped at a lodge one day after a long morning hike where I ordered a Monte Cristo. It had ham and two kinds of cheese (can't recall cheeses atm). It was then dipped in egg and fried like french toast. Served dusted with powdered sugar and a killer raspberry preserves to dip. 'Twas heaven on a plate. Best sandwich I've ever had.
Cheddar's chain has a pretty good Monte Crispy on it's menu.

Hank, you're one of my longtime favorite posters, but you're just wrong on this one. Half and half is cloying.

Had a toasted BLT on sourdough yesterday for lunch. When the home grown mater oozes out of the sides when you take that first bite, that is a sign of mmmmm.

I know it's a tourist trap but if you plan on going to New York at any point in life, the pastrami on rye at Katz's Deli is legit. Get it with a Dr. Brown's black cherry soda and enjoy yourself

Haven't tried Katz's yet. Meant to on my last trip but it didn't work out. I went to Carnegie Deli once and got the pastrami. Only reason I didn't finish was because I don't like rye bread. I ate all the meat and it was sooooo good.

Email received earlier today from Firehouse Subs:

"Points Redemption Updates: We are also adjusting our points redemption values for the first time in the last 8 years. These changes will help us continue delivering the exceptional quality and service you expect from Firehouse Subs"
:
Current
3,000 points: Dessert
6,000 points: Small Sub
8,000 points: Salad
8,000 points: Medium Sub
10,000 points: Large Sub

After 24 September
4,000 points: Dessert
8,000 points: Small Sub
12,000 points: Salad
12,000 points: Medium Sub
15,000 points: Large Sub

May hit up tomorrow or Sunday. Got 35,044 points I need to spend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT