ADVERTISEMENT

Sandwich Talk

French Dip- Thinly sliced Prime Rib (not just any roast beef), Melted Swiss Cheese on a toasted baguette with Au Jus for dipping.

Always wondered what a French Dip was, thanks.

Old San Juan probably owes me a little money, or at least a free sandwich. I'm quite certain nobody around here had ever considered that place until I broke the news 15 years ago in catpaw.

-peanut butter and dill pickle. Sweet *and* sour. You're welcome.

Apparently some people like that combo with Mayo/Miracle Whip added. Must have been invented by a pregnant fatty. Looks pretty disgusting.

peanut-butter-pickles-and-mayonnaise.jpg

Last edited:
Jamaican jerk chicken between white bread. No condiments added. Red Stripe beer to wash it down. Have some Overproof rum on hand when what's left comes out the other end. Your bowels will thank you

Had a pork belly sammidge with Appalachian kimchi (pickled cabbage) on a Brioche bun at The Market in Abingdon, VA last night. I'm trying to think of a reason to go back up there today.

The Cuban at the Dawg House in Ft. Myers Beach is high on my list as the best Cuban I've had but sadly is only available a couple of days a week.

The Cubano torta from a little hole in the wall Mexican store in Richmond, Indiana is amazing. Eggs, ham, pork tenderloin, sliced beef, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles, jalapenos, cheese n mayo all crushed together on crunchy bread will leave you in need of an afternoon siesta.

Why would you say something like that, especially after your recent ban?

@MODS?

Anyways, Mashburned has NEVER been more jealous. Ever. This sandwich was made for him. Here's an 18 minute documentary on it that is also your type of film. #Dipset

Last edited:
Chopped cheese ain't been shit since it's first album. Chopped Freddie Gibbs is my go to samich

But I am making one tonight, TMFS. That's genius. Just a better, more juicy cheeseburger on better bread.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
It's going down! From Queens to the 859 baby!! Chop cheese is where it's at! I am the streets!!!

I mean let's be honest, they chop up a frozen burger patty, throw some American cheese on it, and put it on a sub roll.

Any place with an old seasoned flattop can do that and it's going to taste the same.

I don't remember what the place was called, but I lived near a cuban joint in Louisville. It was on Bardstown Road near Watterson Trail.

I went in there and ordered a sandwich. The owner made it and walked me through every step. He was so PROUD of that sandwich. He acted like it was his life long dream to make me a cubano.

And damned was it delicious

Reactions: GhostVol and JDHoss
It may take them 30 minutes to make but the Old San Juan Cuban is :fire:

That and Dad's Chipotle Cheddar Roast Beef are in a class of their own.

People just like Dad's because it's "local". I've had that tiny sandwich before and it's mediocre at best. Their Tuesday tacos look like something made from Taco Bell. TS.

I was gonna put cheetos on my second chop cheese, but I ate all the cheetos first. BUT thats' a gold idea I think we all can agree on that. You can't really effectively put cheetos on a traditional burger, but they are tailor made for a chop cheese. What a time to be alive. Chop Cheeto Cheese, yo ass is mine.

Reactions: GhostVol
Chop Cheese from OG Haji's in Harlem today. It was :fire::fire::fire:, only $4.50, and the place was even sketchier than expected so extra bonus.

I mean, it takes a LOT for me to feel uncomfortable, but those feelings quickly subsided once I stepped onto the sidewalk and entered American Cheese Heaven. :pray:

Swung in for a slice of at Patsy's up the street for dessert. Marcus Welby.

Best Cuban: Rincon Criollo located just outside Miami Central Station, . Slightly steamed. Lovely. Open air. Reminds one of a classic snack stand. Got the pic to prove it.

1620395_10203070536144892_1819351084_n.jpg
What kind of monster puts ketchup on their fries like that? And that sandwich cut ratio, wtf?

Reactions: Get Bucket$
ADVERTISEMENT