ADVERTISEMENT

Sandwich Talk

Do yourself a favor and try a Torta (Mexican Sandwich) from Taco Luchador in Louisville. Each of these huge sandwiches starts out with grilled torta bread, chipotles, refried black beans, Oaxaca cheese, crema, pickled jalapeno and avacado. The Desayuno is their biggest seller. It adds smoked ham, bacon, chorizo and a fried egg to the base. Or you can go with the simpler Nortena which just adds a breaded ribeye. :fire::fire::fire:

http://www.el-taco-luchador.com/menu/

2IvrZWyDXcy1mFiRfmYxP44sJgk

Last edited:
It's hard to beat a good, basic sandwich from the Mouse Trap in Lexington, imo. Kind of craving one now. It has been a while.

Since I was going to be grilling all day today, picked up a nice chicken teriyaki sammich from Penn Station last night for dinner. I ate maybe 1/3 of it at my desk, wrapped it up and stuck it between the keyboard and the monitor while I got up to get a drink. All indications were that it was going to be delicious.

My 50lb beagle/walker mix climbed up into my chair and onto my desk and got it. I heard it happening, but by the time I realized what I was hearing, it was too late. Mainly b/c she's never done anything like that before. Sure, she's nabbed a bite or two off the edge of the counter or table before, but never climbed onto something to steal food.

As odd as it sounds, I feel betrayed. All I do for that bitch and this is her repayment? $50 bags of Blue Buffalo, organic, gourmet treats, professional grooming, etc. SHe got no treats this morning. No walk, either. **** her. Not sure I can ever go back. She broke me.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
1024px-Monte_Cristo_Sandwich-1.jpg

Last fall we took a trip to Pacific Northwest. We stopped at a lodge one day after a long morning hike where I ordered a Monte Cristo. It had ham and two kinds of cheese (can't recall cheeses atm). It was then dipped in egg and fried like french toast. Served dusted with powdered sugar and a killer raspberry preserves to dip. 'Twas heaven on a plate. Best sandwich I've ever had.

Happy-Sandwich-Day-2019.jpg

+

Popeye's chicken sammich is back. I have not yet sampled, but plan on visiting our local Popeye's as soon as the restaurant opens around 11 am this morning. Stay tuned.

Going to pick one up this week. I tried it the first time around and it was head ans shoulders above any other fast food spicy chikin sammidge.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
At 11:15 AM this morning, 15 cars sat in line within the drive-thru lane at our local Popeye's. I hiked from our place to the restaurant (3/4 mile). Waited 5 minutes in line to order and 7 minutes on my food. They were busy as heck.

The original sandwich is great. A tiny bit too crunchy (differs from crispy) in places, but otherwise excellent. I plan on sampling the spicy (#8) later on.

I also hit up Firehouse subs later. Today, they offered a BOGO deal, so I picked up a couple subs for wife and I.

Reactions: JDHoss
At 11:15 AM this morning, 15 cars sat in line within the drive-thru lane at our local Popeye's. I hiked from our place to the restaurant (3/4 mile). Waited 5 minutes in line to order and 7 minutes on my food. They were busy as heck.

The original sandwich is great. A tiny bit too crunchy (differs from crispy) in places, but otherwise excellent. I plan on sampling the spicy (#8) later on.

I also hit up Firehouse subs later. Today, they offered a BOGO deal, so I picked up a couple subs for wife and I.

Went out and picked us up a couple of Popeye's for supper. It was busy, but they were moving people through pretty fast. The lady at the drive thru said it had been steady all day. Really good spicy chikin sammidge.

Generally hate miracle whip but the one sandwich it works on is this:

Quarter inch of super sharp colby cheese (the sharper the better)
'Bout a tablespoon of mw slathered on both slices of bread and a big piece of lettuce.
I remember when I was around 12 years old. One saturday around Derby Day, that's all we had in the house. I ate about four of those suckers.

Wish I had one now.

I was brought up poor.........fresh white Rainbow bread with Fisher's extra thick slice bologna with mayo and fresh lettuce......I have eaten some really good sandwiches in nice Paris cafes but........I'll stick to my roots........Plus when I was in business some of the Fischer family were my customers.........

Gochujang chicken sandwich

I saw the sandwich on the cover of a magazine and it looked too good to pass up. The magazine recipe included steamed buns [pause for you to get the obvious joke out of your system] and we made those. The combination was great but gochujang chicken is the best sandwich filler I've ever had. Prior to that I'd be torn among a Cuban, a Reuben, and a Monte Cristo. Gochujang is better.

Cuban is still my fav. That cuban place in NULU makes a good one. Whoever came up with the "cubano" at Jimmy Johns should have been fired.

At Penn Station i like the italian.

At home I like sliced turkey, spicy brown mustard, pickles, on whole grain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT