ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors that Bradshaw is going to transfer

My first thought when watching him play in high school was that he runs like a dog walks with shoes on. I’m not exaggerating. Go back and watch.

He’s better running now, but not much. He isn’t athletic at all. Has a nice release on his jumper and is tall.

Last edited:
What is sad for these kids is that they are told they need better circumstances, or better place to thrive. They are never told to look in the mirror and go take what you want. That is the path to success. It's not a new school. But this is where we are. If this country doesn't get past the victim mentality we are not gonna do well.

It’s his right to transfer. Obviously it hasn’t worked out the way he wanted it to here. I commend him for continuing to have a good attitude on the bench. He seems like a god teammate.

As a basketball player, he has a ways to go. He has to add size. He needs to work on his shot. His defensive instinct has not been good. I hope he can find those things wherever he plays.

If I were drafting future NBA talent I’d probably favor kids that toughed it out and worked through their struggles to earn PT vs athletic potential. Mental fortitude outshines athletic potential every time. Combine them and forget about it. But if you had to pick one I know what I’m going with.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Need Cal to hit the transfer portal next
Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

What is sad for these kids is that they are told they need better circumstances, or better place to thrive. They are never told to look in the mirror and go take what you want. That is the path to success. It's not a new school. But this is where we are. If this country doesn't get past the victim mentality we are not gonna do well.

You really don't live in the real world, do you? People change jobs all the time and find a better fit. Why even bring up "victim mentality" in this discussion. Bradshaw, from all accounts, has been a great teammate and done what has been asked of him. Starting over somewhere else may just be his best choice.

Bradshaw boils down to which position does he play?

- If he is a Center....we have Somto and Quantenance coming in...and maybe Ivisic comes back (I doubt he will). Bradshaw even with a year of strength training...he won't be as like Somto or Quantenance. Will he be a better shot blocker? I am taken back by how lacking of explosiveness he showed this year. So I'd argue Somto for sure will be better rim protector and probably Quantenance

- If Bradshaw can play PF (which is his best bet at UK)...he needs to vastly improve his shooting, ball handling, passing, etc... People arguing he could morph to a face the basket PF in college from HS...were listening to Cal's nonsense and it was an utter failure of a concept. Bradshaw made 4 3pt shots on the year (28%). Total bust.

But I'd rather play Thiero at PF heavy next year. I'd love to see small ball PF stretches with Richmond as PF. Indiana de commit in Liam McNeely is a pure stretch PF.

So, all in all, I'd love to see Bradshaw stay 3-4 years and develop. But this UK/Cal...that ain't happening. So, I'm fine letting him move on and UK gets better players than him already in next year's class and/or portal.

Starting off March Madness with talk of transfers tells me some players minds are not where they should be.
Not good even if he is not a big part of the rotation going forward.
Welcome to the new NIL/transfer world of college sports.

People are going to transfer out, people are going to transfer in.
Just the way it is these days lol.

You never know with these guys if it's just they are freshman and they just needed more time for the light to go on or whether or not this guy just is what he is.

As much crap as Edwards got throughout the season, I always felt he at least gave effort. Bradshaw was always the biggest recruiting bust of the season to me. Just seems very raw as a player. He was way too raw to he a top 5 recruit, in my opinion.
I think the recruiting services are much like NBA guys and they rate them based on potential and not always on production.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT