ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors are circulating that Billy D is

Why lie and then double down? He has a game tonight. He's not going to be in town on game day.
I am not lying obvious you can't comprehend I vend for a living I have alot of friends that do the same I have had a few calls today saying that Billy d has been spotted at the airport in Lexington nowhere did I state he has been in town the rumor is running rampant around here and alot of times where there is smoke there is fire delete the damn thread mods if you want too

I am not lying obvious you can't comprehend I vend for a living I have alot of friends that do the same I have had a few calls today saying that Billy d has been spotted at the airport in Lexington nowhere did I state he has been in town the rumor is running rampant around here and alot of times where there is smoke there is fire delete the damn thread mods if you want too
I just don't think people know how this works. Whomever we hire won't step foot in Lexington until after they are announced as the coach. They don't come to town to do a face to face interview. It's done at a neutral site, in the town where the coach lives or sometimes even virtually.

I knew I was going to get beat up doing this thread with innuendos but had 3 calls to me telling me just curious
Don't worry, Jeffky ... If you haven't been beaten up before on this board, it's just 'cause you haven't been posting here long enough ! I suggest to you, respectfully, that your best approach is to post what you think is informative, and just let the rest of us chew the grass and spit out the briars ! :cool: Of course, some of us will be chewing grass and think it's briars, and others of us will be chewing briars and think it's grass. Don't worry about that, either !
Go 'Cats ... and thankfully, sans CCC ! ! !

Reactions: DDMatUK=NBA
In Lexington swirling big time anybody else in Lexington hearing this
It’s coming from the same guys who started that ridiculous Twitter space last night fully convincing themselves Hurley is coming here. They tracked a private jet from Chicago to Lexington and assumed it was donavon. I find it really hard to believe donavon would come to Lexington if he has a damn game tonight

It's been a while since bd has been to Lexington. Maybe a quick look over the campus facilities and a 4 hour conversation between BD and Barnhart has taken place before negotiating gets serious. I think Doonvan isn't gonna leap b4 looking at this stage in his life.

Don't worry, Jeffky ... If you haven't been beaten up before on this board, it's just 'cause you haven't been posting here long enough ! I suggest to you, respectfully, that your best approach is to post what you think is informative, and just let the rest of us chew the grass and spit out the briars ! :cool: Of course, some of us will be chewing grass and think it's briars, and others of us will be chewing briars and think it's grass. Don't worry about that, either !
Go 'Cats ... and thankfully, sans CCC ! ! !
I knew what I was getting into when I posted this hey thanks for the post I am thick skin

I want to know who those 3 calls came from? That really made it sound way way more believable.
The first call, I called Colonel Fitzhuqhes in Quantico, Va. I wanted to let him know I'd be in town.

The second call was to set up a meeting with Congressman Ramond of the House Armed Services Committee

And the third call was to my sister Elizabeth.

Q. Why did you make that call, sir?

A. I thought she might like to have dinner tonight.

Valentines Day Love GIF by Scout Durwood
Hey, is that you in that animated GIF? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: NociHTTP
I just don't think people know how this works. Whomever we hire won't step foot in Lexington until after they are announced as the coach. They don't come to town to do a face to face interview. It's done at a neutral site, in the town where the coach lives or sometimes even virtually.
This, and I cannot imagine him having any interest in talking about it on the actual day of the game. I would say if anything his agent may connect up and get the high level pitch to take back, but it would be more likely delivered tomorrow than today.

And Pitino hung around after Keeneland. He and Billy are meeting to get the band back together.
I know Pitino has done some things to really tick people off, but I'd approach him and see if he wanted to hold the fort until we could get someone who wants to do it for a long time, maybe see if he'd want a role in teaching plays. If he apologized publicly for some of those things (I know, fat chance that ever happens), he could win back a lot of hearts. The man does like the state of Kentucky, and pubicly regretted leaving UK.

Last edited:
I saw someone who looked just like Billy Donovan at Blue Grass Airport. I was walking up to him in hopes of being the first person to welcome him to Kentucky with a handshake, but then I saw that the boarding pass he was holding said William Donovan, so it must not have been him.

• Wow
Reactions: Saven
I know Pitino has done something to really tick people off, but I'd approach him and see if he wanted to hold the fort until we could get someone who wants to do it for a long time, maybe see if he'd want a role in teaching plays. If he apologized publicly for some of those things (I know, fat chance that ever happens), he could win back a lot of hearts. The man does like the state of Kentucky, and pubicly regretted leaving UK.
Donovan with Rick as an assitant would be *chef's kiss*.

That I would take. Rick is just getting too on in years to handle the pressure directly I'm afraid.

Why lie and then double down? He has a game tonight. He's not going to be in town on game day.

Idk man. @jeffky doesn’t seem to be a troll or someone that would just come on here and randomly lie.

I mean maybe he’s wrong but to insinuate he’d just come on here and lie lol?

Secondly a private/ jet would take about an hour or hour and a half from Lex-Chicago and vice versa. Perfectly possible to be back in Chicago at the arena by their NIGHT game tonight.

Idk man. @jeffky doesn’t seem to be a troll or someone that would just come on here and randomly lie.

I mean maybe he’s wrong but to insinuate he’d just come on here and lie lol?

Secondly a private/ jet would take about an hour or hour and a half from Lex-Chicago and vice versa. Perfectly possible to be back in Chicago at the arena by their NIGHT game tonight.
People have phones. I want pictures of Billy D in the Lexington airport! They can't sneak around these days thanks to phones! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT