ADVERTISEMENT

Oats - pay him, pay that man his money

And for those that say he’ll never leave Bama… they said Cal and FedEx money would never leave Memphis and it happened… Nate Oars doesn’t want to be second fiddle which he’ll always be at Bama to football!

His buyout is $18m but they are paying him less than Cal. Much better than having to pay Cal’s buyout.

rounders-teddykgb.gif

Get a l
Do whatever it takes to bring him to Lexington. Hurley is a pipe dream along with guys like Billy D. I can tell you this, if Barnhart hires somebody like Scott Drew, he may get run out of town.
ife, most people want Drew just u 15 yr olds

Reactions: catzcan
I'd love to have Oats too but some of you guys aren't living in reality. You can't just say, "Give the man whatever he wants" and it shall be done. UK isn't some magic genie that grants wishes. Money is a finite resource. There is a reason Mitch didn't fire Cal, because 33 mil is hard to come by. So would be 18 mil to buyout Oats and the enormous salary we would have to pay him to get him to leave. There's this thing called NIL that we also need to have money for. Our facilities are tops in the nation, but it takes MONEY to keep it that way. Want to bring in top recruits? Gotta have a big recruiting budget as well. Having a Ferrari is useless if you can't afford the maintenance and to put gas in it. Are any of you that say "pay the man whatever it takes" donating millions to make it happen? And before you call me some type of Mitch slurper, save your typing. I'm on record on here wanting Mitch to be fired for giving Cal the outrageous contract that he did. Seems to me like maybe he's learning from his mistake or at least trying not to repeat it. You pay a man like Oats enough to get him here, you probably aren't going to be able to afford to get rid of him if things do happen to go south. Nobody, including myself thought Cal would crumble like he did, but shit can, will, and does happen.

Last edited:
Dude is scared he don't want the big time. Should be a no brainer going to Ky. Not sure why he would want to stay in Bama Land.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT