ADVERTISEMENT

"Round of 32 defense"

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
Prediction:

After being called out by the broadcasters for having a crappy defense, Cal will run a zone for one play next game. Then, if we give up an easy basket, he'll bleat in the postgame "I ran a zone and we gave up a three so I switched back, BennieZZZ!" And if it's effective, he'll still switch back to M2M but won't say anything in the postgame.

Prediction:

After being called out by the broadcasters for having a crappy defense, Cal will run a zone for one play next game. Then, if we give up an easy basket, he'll bleat in the postgame "I ran a zone and we gave up a three so I switched back, BennieZZZ!" And if it's effective, he'll still switch back to M2M but won't say anything in the postgame.
I know it’s crazy but part of my brain was like “I wonder if Cal isn’t focusing on D so he can say “See! My way before was right!’”

I know that’s not true. But damn. There’s no reason for the D to be this bad. None.

I know it’s crazy but part of my brain was like “I wonder if Cal isn’t focusing on D so he can say “See! My way before was right!’”

I know that’s not true. But damn. There’s no reason for the D to be this bad. None.
He's done it before. In a postgame a season or two ago he did just exactly that. It's a way of deflecting criticism. Rather than do something about it.

Reactions: struggler
Cal switched to a full court press at the 5 minute mark last night and we immediately got a turnover. Then SC switched to a multiple PG lineup because they didn't need points at that stage of the game, so the press faltered. If Cal had used it earlier in the game, it would have been much more effective.

COACHING MALPRACTICE.

No guarantees it would have been effective early. SC would simply have played the three PGs earlier. They were all three hot last night. It was just one of those nights. Keep in mind that Myles Stute was out….a starter who 2 years ago led the SEC in 3 point shooting at Vandy.

Reactions: gharding07
No guarantees it would have been effective early. SC would simply have played the three PGs earlier. They were all three hot last night. It was just one of those nights. Keep in mind that Myles Stute was out….a starter who 2 years ago led the SEC in 3 point shooting at Vandy.
Eff off. Go rush the court again chump

Was reading today Gotlieb talking to Goodman about UK. Goodman said we have three seven footers that should be able to protect the rim but they was out of position all night. Also said the rotations was bad.

Reactions: TFCats11
Cal wants to have the greatest draft class ever, and is hoping that it will happen through offense. If his guys get injured, then that's not happening. Hence the defense we're seeing from the kids who are slated to get drafted.

UK is giving up 85 points a game in conference
which is last.
If they don't fix that it's another 10 loss season and an early exit from the tournament.

We have athletes, it's about wanting to. IMO.
THIS ! Defense requires effort, and great athletes often have to be coached into the effort part of good defense. The coach has to sell them on defensive effort. We obviously ain't gonna get that !

@jedwar can a mod please ban this condescending turd? Please and thank you
Condescending would be if I said “bless your heart.” I didn’t…..it is one game, and you will lose every now and then. But you will also remain a power and be a high seed in the tournament. So feel free to ban me for talking factual basketball Mr. CNN.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT