ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2 What horror movie scared you the most and you're favorite

We discussed the TV show The Stand recently. The remake. The actor who played Tom Cullen in that passed away. Brad William Henke. he was a former NFL player and pretty good actor. He was in Orange is the New Black.

Excited for some classic Christmas Horror.

Black Christmas is a must. I think this is a top10 horror by itself. It was so well done, and paved the way for many more movies. Could even argue it invented the slasher genre.
Black Christmas 2006 remake is fun.
Gremlins
Silent Night 2012
Krampus
Rare Exports

Reactions: christophero
I just watched Gremlins last night. It's a fun movie. Emilio Estevez almost got the lead role, but Spielberg the producer though the other guy had better chemistry with Phoebe Cates.

Predator - An alien hunter that could cloak itself and stalk you, kill you and then rip your skull and vertabrae from your body.

Alien - An alien whose young could “impregnate” you via the mouth, grow inside you amd then burst from your chest.

Aliens - The sound of the aliens approaching on the individual radar scanners was terrifying.

The Thing - Original and both remakes.

Splinter - Gruesome.

The Mist - Stephen King’s best.

Seven - When Brad Pitt opens the box. Yikes.

The Andromeda Strain - Tense, will-they-make-it drama.

World War Z - When Brad Pitt and that Zombie are in the lab and it starts clicking its teeth.

Last edited:
Controversial take: The Shining, while a great movie, isn't particularly scary. The book and the miniseries are infinitely scarier.
The first week it came out it had a different ending. Danny and his mom are in a hospital in Miami when they are visited by the guy who interviewed Jack for the job. He apologized for all that happened, then gives Danny the ball that the slaughtered twins used to entice him.

I agree; the Shining is a great movie but it's more of a head trip and creepy. It is certainly a masterclass in filmmaking. The book was very scary; esp the woman in the room. Kubrick was more intellectual than emotional, which may have been why King didn't like it. That and Kubrick does not like the main character Jack where King clearly did.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT