ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards?

Mar 21, 2020
With everything going on and all of the excitement about the direction of our program, I've lost track of Justin Edwards. What's his status? Where is he? Wish him the best...just wondering.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah, really bad that I had totally forgotten about Justin. He was Cat and honestly I think he did as well as he could. No malice toward him personally at all. He just was not developed correctly.

Actually at first I thought you were posting about Ant. He's a big mouth but man can that fellow ball.

These type of players entering the draft is what is wrong with college basketball . Just have to wonder the mindset if you struggled as bad as he did in college .

I know his struggles was apparently causing him to struggle mentally so that makes me wonder how does he think he will succeed in the NBA where he most definitely won’t be in a rotation right away and could be in the g league to start out

The only Edwards I remember wearing Kentucky blue was Allen of the Comeback Cats in 1998. Are you sure there was another Edwards at Kentucky? Vanished without a trace.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Will take his talent to the league and get blocked by NBA rims
Somehow his lack of hops wasn't figured into his HS ranking. Or if it was then some of the other metrics were out of whack. He's still a kid I would like to see develop but it just seems on the surface he made a really poor decision on not logging another college year. There are coaches all over America that could have made him better. He's one kid I am pulling for.

Biggest disappointment since Skal.

I'd put up all of EJ Montgomery, "The Dragon," Devin Askew, Brandon Boston, Damion Collins, and Chris Livingston as equal or greater busts. Edwards was just amplified because of who he was starting in front of, but he's better than every one of those guys who were all highly rated 5 star recruits.

I'd put up all of EJ Montgomery, "The Dragon," Devin Askew, Brandon Boston, Damion Collins, and Chris Livingston as equal or greater busts. Edwards was just amplified because of who he was starting in front of, but he's better than every one of those guys who were all highly rated 5 star recruits.
The Dragon - Whitney is probably the biggest bust I remember here. I’m 46.

Performed like BJ Boston with half the hustle and determination. He will probably have same or less career path as Boston has had.

These type of players entering the draft is what is wrong with college basketball . Just have to wonder the mindset if you struggled as bad as he did in college .

I know his struggles was apparently causing him to struggle mentally so that makes me wonder how does he think he will succeed in the NBA where he most definitely won’t be in a rotation right away and could be in the g league to start out
I know, if he can’t handle the college grind he sure won’t handle the grind with men trying to get paid. Those who are at the end of their career and the ones fighting for a roster spot.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Dude should’ve found another career after getting hung at the rim against Oakland.

Edwards would have benefited from a more structured system. The freedom Cal gives players can showcase talent or let them hang themselves.

I know, if he can’t handle the college grind he sure won’t handle the grind with men trying to get paid. Those who are at the end of their career and the ones fighting for a roster spot.
Indeed . Although the league has gotten so young now but still I haven’t seen someone be able to just turn it on once they get in the pros after struggling badly in college .

I agree with that but my problem with Edwards is he was missing wide open dunks . No excuse for that lol
He looked terribly out of shape for a twenty year old. I can’t imagine what he was eating to look that bad when youth alone will keep you lean. Absolutely shameful to have aspirations of being a professional athlete and skip out on one of the most important parts of the journey.

eae32d52-46e5-4c90-99b8-d1c23371a00b

never forget

Same. Whitney's "pro" career is depressing. Seems like he should have maybe worked on his craft a bit longer in college.
IIRC, Whitney's dad was the guy driving all of that. He was telling Whitney to leave UK and to enter the draft. He thought his son was better than what he was. And Cal was screwing him. Lol.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT