ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2 What horror movie scared you the most and you're favorite

There was another I can’t remember what the name was that is planted in my mind as a kid. Some movie with a sister upstairs that never left the bed with some kind of medical condition. Her body would contort in all kinds of weird ways or some shit freaky as hell in my mind even now. Just can’t remember the movie.

You’re an idiot that was Pet Sematary.

“The Ring” scared the crap out of me. I think most of it was due to thinking it was going to be a dumb teenage horror flick that was popular at the time.
When that SOB climbed out of the TV…

At the time me and my girlfriend screamed like bitches and were left holding on like we were legit about to die. 🤣

Reactions: Bill Derington
I was gonna say, Pet Semetary.

You know. I put that up there as a horror movie that sticks with you. The Zelda scenes were very terrifying.. but the entire premise, about losing your kid, the afterlife, and the scene with Gabe and the truck was brutal.

That's one of those movies that isn't so much scary as it is a gut-punch. I enjoy being scared but Pet Semetary is the type of movie I need to come down from.

Just rewatched last house on the left (2009) and man, I just think It’s a really underrated movie. Man that evil antagonist killer is friggin scary as hell but the girls dad really pisses me off the whole time. He barely took control of the evil girlfriend and then got the holy hell beat outa him by the bad ass. Someone literally threw clothes at him and he flew against the wall.

This guy was just told how tight his little girl was after She was raped and then got his ass handed to him by clothes. I think they should have let him do a little more ass kicking.

I began on AMC and 40 minutes in, no titays. Knew something was off. Ended up paying 3 dollars for 2 day rental. Got titties.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
The Excorcist…still gives me the creeps

Alien
The Thing From Outer Space
Alien
Don’t Look Now
The Omen

Event Horizon is an amazing movie.

Two others that stick out to me are The Descent and High Tension. The claustrophobia of The Descent is off the charts and High Tension’s killer is simply terrifying as you have no idea why he’s doing what he’s doing.

“The Ring” scared the crap out of me. I think most of it was due to thinking it was going to be a dumb teenage horror flick that was popular at the time.
When that SOB climbed out of the TV…
That's one hell of a movie. The original Ringu is great as well, but The Ring is one newer remake that actually worked incredibly well.

MV5BMTU3Mzg0MzM0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzExNDE5._V1_.jpg

So many but

Freddie
Amittyville
Exorcist
Ring
Poltergeist the clown under the bed. Yikes
Halloween
Jason

I’m sure I’m forgetting a few. Can’t watch them anymore. Freddy ****ed my sleep

Event Horizon is an amazing movie.

Two others that stick out to me are The Descent and High Tension. The claustrophobia of The Descent is off the charts and High Tension’s killer is simply terrifying as you have no idea why he’s doing what he’s doing.

The descent was totally f’d up. Loved it.

Not a movie, but since somebody mentioned a miniseries above, I thought Archive 81 on Netflix was very well done. Definite Lovecraftian vibes with that one.

Reactions: chroix
Seriously, if you don't think Faces of Death is more disturbing than anything mentioned here I don't know what to say. I never saw any of the sequels where I have read that everything is real and none of it was fake so those could be more disturbing. Do any of the movies mentioned show a guy getting the electric chair in real life?

Seriously, if you don't think Faces of Death is more disturbing than anything mentioned here I don't know what to say. I never saw any of the sequels where I have read that everything is real and none of it was fake so those could be more disturbing. Do any of the movies mentioned show a guy getting the electric chair in real life?

Well, then that's not really a horror "movie", is it?

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some of the FOD, and it's brutal. But if it IS real (I've never really looked into this), then I don't think that classifies as a movie.

Reactions: chroix and Gromcat
Faces of death isn't scary...its just grotesque, the same way watching an autopsy would be. The 1st one has a lot of fake stuff in it...the others have mostly real footage...but it's real the same way seeing death in a warzone or watching holocaust footage.

-The Exorcist is scary as hell. Probably the goat.

-Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original) just has that dirty gritty vibe. And living in Rural KY I was thinking all the while that yeah, I could come across a family like that here.

-Session 9 stuck with me for some reason. Just a creepy movie.

-The Exorcist is scary as hell. Probably the goat.

-Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original) just has that dirty gritty vibe. And living in Rural KY I was thinking all the while that yeah, I could come across a family like that here.

-Session 9 stuck with me for some reason. Just a creepy movie.
Toby Hooper directed ‘Salem’s Lot too. That scene with the vampire kid at the window is so scary

Prince of Darkness came on cable one night during a long stretch of insomnia several years ago. I really don’t think it’s a good movie at all but the dream sequence scenes really messed with me then.

Watched this only in the last few years. Loved it! I thought it was really good for such a silly premise (Satan being a vile of green goo).. I thought this was one of those movies that perfectly embodied cosmic/lovecraft-ian horror.

Glenn I used to watch that with my fiends in middle school. It’s amateur today. Go to the website I linked for you and put in the search bar “cartel”. Good luck

Glenn I used to watch that with my fiends in middle school. It’s amateur today. Go to the website I linked for you and put in the search bar “cartel”. Good luck
Dude, you're gonna scar Gle(n)n for life. That shit is brutal.

• Haha
Reactions: Gromcat
Dude, you're gonna scar Gle(n)n for life. That shit is brutal.

It’s simply educational. I want Glenn to protect himself from the dangers of society. Best way to do that in Brazil is to avoid the sun at all costs. And for all I know he frequents Brazil.

• Haha
Reactions: entropy13
Glenn on second thought I’m gonna have to agree if I were you I wouldn’t take the advice.

and for Pete’s sake stay away from Brazil. That place should be a nuclear testing site.

Reactions: chroix
Anyone watched Terrifier 2 yet? I saw an article saying there were reports of people passing out, throwing up in the theater, EMS being called, etc who were watching it. Ordered my tickets and saw it Wednesday night. Dumb as hell. The scene of the psycho killer serving Halloween candy to trick or treaters out of the decapitated head of his last victim was a nice touch, though.

I was telling a co-worker about it the next day when he asked me if i had seen something called The Human Centipede. I looked it up, and the concept might be the most off the wall thing I’ve ever heard. A mad scientist stitches three victims ass to mouth. Read about it on wikipedia, and im not sure if it would be so off the rails that stupidity would reign, or if it would be so gritty and disturbing that I’d lose sleep. Anyone seen that one?

Speaking of The Ring, I watched that in my younger days late one night when I was home alone. After it was over I decided to see if there were any hidden features on the DVD. I found instructions online that said to go to a particular menu, click the buttons on the remote in a certain sequence then a feature would be unlocked, but it didn’t say what it was. I followed the instructions, and all of a sudden the video that you die after watching starts playing. I thought, “nope” and hit the home button on the remote to stop it. A message pops up on my screen that says “operation prohibited by disc”. No big deal, so i hit the menu button when “operation prohibited by disc” pops up again. I push stop, and get the same message. I push pause, and again “operation prohibited by disc” appears. My next move was yanking the power strip out of the wall, and shutting down my entire entertainment center to make that nonsense cease.

As for movies that messed me up, I would add one that hasn’t been mentioned, The People Under the Stairs. As a kid that movie had me sleeping with the lights on for a few nights. (same for Sleep Away Camp)

Anyone watched Terrifier 2 yet? I saw an article saying there were reports of people passing out, throwing up in the theater, EMS being called, etc who were watching it. Ordered my tickets and saw it Wednesday night. Dumb as hell. The scene of the psycho killer serving Halloween candy to trick or treaters out of the decapitated head of his last victim was a nice touch, though.

I was telling a co-worker about it the next day when he asked me if i had seen something called The Human Centipede. I looked it up, and the concept might be the most off the wall thing I’ve ever heard. A mad scientist stitches three victims ass to mouth. Read about it on wikipedia, and im not sure if it would be so off the rails that stupidity would reign, or if it would be so gritty and disturbing that I’d lose sleep. Anyone seen that one?

Speaking of The Ring, I watched that in my younger days late one night when I was home alone. After it was over I decided to see if there were any hidden features on the DVD. I found instructions online that said to go to a particular menu, click the buttons on the remote in a certain sequence then a feature would be unlocked, but it didn’t say what it was. I followed the instructions, and all of a sudden the video that you die after watching starts playing. I thought, “nope” and hit the home button on the remote to stop it. A message pops up on my screen that says “operation prohibited by disc”. No big deal, so i hit the menu button when “operation prohibited by disc” pops up again. I push stop, and get the same message. I push pause, and again “operation prohibited by disc” appears. My next move was yanking the power strip out of the wall, and shutting down my entire entertainment center to make that nonsense cease.

As for movies that messed me up, I would add one that hasn’t been mentioned, The People Under the Stairs. As a kid that movie had me sleeping with the lights on for a few nights. (same for Sleep Away Camp)

The people under the stairs just had no effect on me. Didn’t think it was scary didn’t the people under the stairs just stay there? Maybe I’m remembering it wrong.

Haha that shit you went through with the ring is brutal. Just imagine had you unplugged everything and it didn’t stop.

On the first comment I’m convinced every time I hear reports of people “passing out getting sick ambulance called” is some kind of marketing campaign on social media. Every time I’ve heard it the movie absolutely sucked.

And kudos to the size of your balls for watching the ring young and alone. I wouldn’t even to that today.

Last edited:
I thought 13 ghosts was pretty cool at the time. Matthew Lillard probably wasn’t the guy for a movie like that, but at the time the ghosts looked really damn cool.

Terrifier 2 was amazing.

But yes the only people passing out was some grandparent who took her grandkids to see it, not knowing how violent it was.

Human Centipede was pretty wild. The first one I thought was well done and they really go into detail about what each person in the "centipede" has to deal with.

Then they got out of hand after that. Grosser but also worse movies in general.

• Sad
Reactions: entropy13
Honestly, I think People Under the Stairs stuck with me for one scene. I don’t remember much about the movie, and could even have the wrong movie all together, but there was a scene with this ultra religious mother, and the little daughter did or said something innocent enough, maybe telling them people were living under the stairs? Anyway, they punished that girl by forcing her into a tub full of scalding hot water. Bothered the hell out of me……..

I thought Hell HOuse LLC and Houses October Built were fairly scary. Haunting of Hill House, while a miniseries, would be up there as well

Hell HOuse LLC might be my favorite.
The Exorcist was always near the top when I was younger and even now as a 50+ guy I get a little creeped if I'm scrolling thru horror movie lists and they show that one face of her.

I would give a strong recommendation for Hell House LLC. My daughter is a big horror fan and we will randomly pick something from whatever streaming service we're looking at. Last year we picked HH LLC and I had no expectations at all, if anything was expecting to be underwhelmed. There are a ton of low budget, found footage, haunted house movies out there and honestly I was blown away. There are 3 or 4 really solid scares in that movie. The two sequels were ok but we watched it again a few days after we watched the first time and once this year and even though you know some of those parts are coming, it still works.

I thought "Creep" was pretty good. Also, Shudder has a movie called "Haunt" that is pretty good and has a big budget look to it but I heard it was filmed outside of Cincinnati in Kentucky. The setting is supposed to be near Southern Illinois U. but the filmmakers graduated from there but are both KY guys

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
Human Centipede was pretty wild. The first one I thought was well done and they really go into detail about what each person in the "centipede" has to deal with.

Then they got out of hand after that. Grosser but also worse movies in general.
I just thought it was silly and boring, but to each their own. The South Park episode parodying it was hilarious, though. I think it was called Human Cent-I-Pad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT