ADVERTISEMENT

Round 1 aceman509 vs. GonzoCat90

Who would win head to head

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Welcome to the All-Time College Basketball Playoffs for the last 20 years. (2001-2021) *As long as they played in 1 game that year they are eligible*

The objective was to build a team of 10 players that would win head to head vs your opponent such as March Madness.

Bracket

Round 1 Matchup

@aceman509 - Kemba Walker, Emeka Okafor, Russ Smith, Malcom Brogdon, Al Horford, Frank Mason III, DeJuan Blair, Gordon Hayward. Markus Howard, Alan Williams

vs.

@GonzoCat90 - Kevin Durant, Karl-Anthony Towns, Draymond Green, Victor Oladipo, Ty Lawson, Josh Hart, Ja Morant, DeAndre Hunter, Nick Collison, LaMarcus Aldridge

Someone please explain the votes for @aceman509.. he has a knife in a gunfight on this one…

i actually went with ace man at first because he had 5 titles versus 3 for gonzo. i like winners. but then i looked it over again and went with a more logical approach and gonzo has a mismatches all over the floor and i’m really not a fan of okafor and horford together in the front court so i switched

Lawson / Morant
Oladipo
KD
Green / Aldridge
KAT

That is one heck of an impressive staring five. And you got the two I left of one the bench with other eally good players

Gotta go with @GonzoCat90 on this one

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Expected to lose this but not get crushed. I think my team has the more solid college careers but Gonzo has the better NBA players without a doubt. I understand the knock on my team not necessarily fitting together as well though.

I think @aceman509 is better on paper than people probably understand given the context of the draft.

However, it's a tough matchup because I do not see an answer for Durant- Russ, Kemba, Mason and Howard are all great guards but offer the same- probably only need two of the four and upgrade on the wings.

I think ace is really missing a versatile, athletic 4. The problem is there haven't been many of those yet in college basketball. Most of them are guys like Horford.

You can get by with Brogdon at the 3, he was actually on my list the round he was picked, but not when you're so small at guard and so slow/plain on the post.

Just think I have too much speed/athleticism and they're mostly 40% 3 point shooters who can defend.

His team is better than a first round exit though. Think he advances against more than half of this draft. Bad matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT