ADVERTISEMENT

Roster if Haarms commits on friday and Jacob Toppin commits

I have no idea why anyone would want Toppin at UK. Other than his last name he literally brings nothing to the table.

If his name was Jacob Jones and he was a three star leaving Rhode Island who wasn’t any good this season, nobody would want him.

Makes no sense to me.

It would be nice to attempt to fill the bench with players in his mold. I have no idea if he’s any good, but you would have to assume he can improve from his freshman year while practicing at UK.

I have no idea why anyone would want Toppin at UK. Other than his last name he literally brings nothing to the table.

If his name was Jacob Jones and he was a three star leaving Rhode Island who wasn’t any good this season, nobody would want him.

Makes no sense to me.

Every year someone complains about us having open spots on our roster.

Even if he's merely a body, it's an addition to the team.

I would agree if we were at our limits in scholarships and he was blocking us getting someone better.

Every year someone complains about us having open spots on our roster.

Even if he's merely a body, it's an addition to the team.

I would agree if we were at our limits in scholarships and he was blocking us getting someone better.

I'm not complaining about it at all. If Cal wants him, great. I just don't see why, as typically a guy doesn't transfer from one school to go sit at another school and be just "a body".

Saying things are a certainty 6 months from now is ridiculous.
Not really when you see all the morons abound who can't manage to abide by simple measures for a few weeks to mitigate the impacts of the virus. Just like all the losers at the capital yesterday protesting on top of each other without masks, gloves or anything. They likely just cost us all more time in quaratine. Which will directly impact college campuses reopening.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I really like the roster if those 2 join. You have seniors with tournament experience. You have the number one recruiting class in America. You have 11 practice bodies. You have a Kentucky kid there as well, which I always like to see. I would take that roster versus any other in America.

I'm sure he views himself as more than that........as someone that can contribute to UK. Cal must as well.

Whether he does or not, remains to be seen I guess.

I'm indifferent to it. I'd prefer we fill out the roster rather than have spots open tho and we aren't going to fill it out with all top guys.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Askew
Mintz
Clarke
Boston
Toppin
Fletcher
Allen
Brooks
Ware
Jackson
Haarms
Thats a final four team I don’t care.
how far do you think this team can go?

That's not enough for a team that is a front runner for a Final Four. Way too many role players on that roster.

Get Kuminga or Cisse.

If Kuminga comes does he play PF? What happens to Brooks in that scenario?

Kuminga at the 3, Brooks at the 4.

When Jackson subs in for Haarms UK can switch everything and murder teams defensively.

If my favorite defensive scenario comes true, I like Mintz/Clarke in that backcourt, Kuminga/Brooks at the forward spots, and Jackson at the 5. Obviously not who I would start, but when UK would need an absolute stop, you could bring these guys in and shut down the show for the opposing team.

Kuminga at the 3, Brooks at the 4.

When Jackson subs in for Haarms UK can switch everything and murder teams defensively.

If my favorite defensive scenario comes true, I like Mintz/Clarke in that backcourt, Kuminga/Brooks at the forward spots, and Jackson at the 5. Obviously not who I would start, but when UK would need an absolute stop, you could bring these guys in and shut down the show for the opposing team.
Not happening.

Not much worse than Jeff unless it would be kyfaninnc.

@kyjeff1 offers a good contrasting viewpoint here. He's often very respectful when he offers his outlooks.

You're also a very good poster. In my opinion, having a multitude of well-thought opinions is a good thing for this board, especially when they contrast.

@kyjeff1 offers a good contrasting viewpoint here. He's often very respectful when he offers his outlooks.

You're also a very good poster. In my opinion, having a multitude of well-thought opinions is a good thing for this board, especially when they contrast.
Thanks for your reply. I have never criticized Cal on this board. I believe Cal is the best coach that UK could have. I still remember the 11 years prior to Cal. Sure there are things Cal could do better. Tell me a coach that couldn't have done something better. Some on here want a perfect coach. One that never makes a mistake. I am just not publically criticize the best coach in college basketball. Everyone has their opinion and can post it. I also have my opinion and can post it. Difference of opinion is what makes the world go around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
For all the slight on Toppin, there are reasons to be somewhat optimistic.

1.) He's a freshman. If Cal snags him as a 4 (technically 3) year project, whats it hurt to have one more guy on the bench and in practice?

2.) Although he wasn't highly touted and he played in the A-10, his per 40 minute and per 100 possession numbers are EXTREMELY comparable to sophomore EJ numbers even though he's a wing.

I just don't understand the hate, especially coming from a forum full of users who beg for us to bring in 3 and 4 year kids. I'd be more understanding if he was coming for 1 season because he doesn't appear like he could make much impact as a grad transfer.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I am sorry. I got you mixed up with Kyjeff. I apologise for the post. I deleted the post.
First of all, how you got "Big Blue Yeti" and "KYJeff1" mixed up is beyond comprehension.

But this happens constantly with you. You keep accusing me of crap I never said.

The post you deleted accused me of wanting Cal gone. I don't know where that came from, but you need to stop accusing me of that. If you're going to run around here berating people, you need to at least get your facts straight.

Here are some cliffs notes for you on me:

I hate the players/NBA first system and I think Cal's offensive phylosophies and design are outdated and need to be adjusted.

I also think there is no better man out there for this job than Calipari. His personality is incredible as is his energy.

That's it.

So next time you @ me, come with the correct facts or STFU. I'm sick of the lying and false accusations.

Askew
Mintz
Clarke
Boston
Toppin
Fletcher
Allen
Brooks
Ware
Jackson
Haarms
Thats a final four team I don’t care.
how far do you think this team can go?

Toppin won't be eligible to play next season. He has to sit out a year, right?

Toppin won't be eligible to play next season. He has to sit out a year, right?

I think it's based on the assumption that the one-time transfer rule passes this summer, giving players one opportunity to transfer immediately and play without sitting out.

Completely depends on whether or not Boston and Clarke live up to the hype. If they’re as good as people hope, that’s a pretty good Elite Eight-ish team.

If they underperform expectations ... look out. It’ll be a tough year.

I'm not complaining about it at all. If Cal wants him, great. I just don't see why, as typically a guy doesn't transfer from one school to go sit at another school and be just "a body".
He'll end up transferring out after a year once he realizes he's never going to get the playing time he wants.
He's a good player, good enough to get a scholarship from UK. So when you're that good, you know you can go somewhere and get starters minutes.
On top of that, he's not a homegrown Kentucky kid, so I don't think he sticks around very long.

Reactions: JFCats22
I really like the roster if those 2 join. You have seniors with tournament experience. You have the number one recruiting class in America. You have 11 practice bodies. You have a Kentucky kid there as well, which I always like to see. I would take that roster versus any other in America.
I bet we add 2 more but it won't be Toppin . It will be Haarms and someone we aren't even considering ( and by we I mean us as fans) .

Reactions: kl40504
Tell that to Cal. He's still pushing for Kuminga to join next year's roster.
If Kuminga is on this roster at any point my mind would be more blown then any time under Cal . Kuminga seems like the anti Cal type player and if LSU says you are too dirty to touch .... well that says something [laughing]. If he ever touches a college campus I bet it is Texas Tech .

If Kuminga is on this roster at any point my mind would be more blown then any time under Cal . Kuminga seems like the anti Cal type player and if LSU says you are too dirty to touch .... well that says something [laughing]. If he ever touches a college campus I bet it is Texas Tech .

Calipari has personally gone to see Kuminga 3x since last fall.

It would likely be 4x if there was no quarantine.

Calipari wants this young man in a Kentucky uniform next year. How we personally feel about Kuminga being "dirty" or not is irrelevant to that fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT