ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo Langford's Attitude

As you can tell... the part of the story where Cal stopped recruiting Langford because he lied about the severity of his back spasms was omitted by papa there.

and by the way........ im sure the powers of team USA back K much more than Cal.......... to think they designed this all to screw Cal is absurd... Cal's stubbornness and refusal to change defense against Barrett and Canada and his laid back be the players friends to get recruits coaching during the summer tournament is what hurt... not some master team usa / K plan.

Im not just bashing Cal.......... he's a great coach but like all coaches... he has his faults at times....
You're not bashing Cal? Now that is funny

Reactions: Cindog28
Romeo would start over anyone of them and would be featured more than Knox if he would come back. If Cal does not want the best guard in the 2018 class and maybe in the country who has shown high charcater on and off the court then that says more about Cal's judgement than anything else.
Langford isn't in Knox's league and never will be.

Reactions: BBUK and JC43
Romeo would start over anyone of them and would be featured more than Knox if he would come back. If Cal does not want the best guard in the 2018 class and maybe in the country who has shown high charcater on and off the court then that says more about Cal's judgement than anything else.
Cool story bro. I do not doubt he would start over them, but I am saying he is not an area of need. Talent and depth are not what we are missing.

He will be a top 10 pick and have a great career. I am rooting for him like I do every other young player. I want to see everyone succeed. But, we do not need him and you don't need to sell us on him.

Vanderbilt will utilize him nicely next year and I cannot wait to see him play.

Reactions: jace2012 and Lucy01
"Tim admits his list included North Carolina. But Romeo pointed to something, which Tim didn't disclose, that he didn't like when he watched coach Roy Williams run his Tar Heels through practice.

"He said, 'Dad, I'm not sure about that and me fitting in with this happening,'" Tim said. "That's how zoned-in he is as far as each school, and he's very knowledgeable of these coaches."

[eyeroll]

So apparently Romeo takes issue with how great coaches run things and thats that. If Roy Willams and CAL both do things the wrong way then I don't know who does. You may hate the cheaters but as a recruiter and coach it is hard to say Roy flat sucks.

"But Romeo pointed to something that he didn't like when he watched coach Roy Williams run his Tar Heels through practice. "He said, 'Dad, I'm not sure about that and me fitting in with this happening,'" Tim said. "That's how zoned-in he is as far as each school, and he's very knowledgeable of these coaches."

It's going to be hilarious if Romeo's camp puts out this BS about his alleged precocious, young-Mozart-like insight into the coaching weaknesses of John Calipari and Roy Williams, then he agrees to play for Archie Miller, who lost by an average of 20 points at home to Ft. Wayne and Indiana State this year. I wonder if the Boy Genius had any perceptive observations about those games.

Romeo has a great reputation as a very good kid, and I don't understand the bashing he's getting here. Some posters claim that Romeo thinks he knows more than Roy Williams about running a practice. He didn't say that. What he did say on the matter is that something about the UNC's practice he observed made him feel that he wouldn't fit in. Maybe Roy or an assistant said or did something that was offensive to Romeo. I certainly don't know and neither does anyone else who's relying on the published interview. Nowhere does he say or imply that UNC's coaches are incompetent and those who say that he did are pulling it out of thin air.

Reactions: russelltodd
What a bunch of babies in here.

Who cares what his opinion is? If the kid we're coming to UK and said that about two other schools everyone in here would be talking about how the kid is smart for doing his background research.

Shew wee, a rabid but quite unintelligent bunch we've got.

Does cal make mistakes ??? Be careful.. if you say he does I’ll claim you are bashing him..... gotta be fair and keep the same standards as what you consider bashing
I have said he does and criticized some things. I just don't do it all the time in every post that's not even a topic about Cal. No matter the topic, you find a way to bash him. That's the difference.

Last edited:
What a bunch of babies in here.

Who cares what his opinion is? If the kid we're coming to UK and said that about two other schools everyone in here would be talking about how the kid is smart for doing his background research.

Shew wee, a rabid but quite unintelligent bunch we've got.
They are which is too funny coming from you.

As you can tell... the part of the story where Cal stopped recruiting Langford because he lied about the severity of his back spasms was omitted by papa there.

and by the way........ im sure the powers of team USA back K much more than Cal.......... to think they designed this all to screw Cal is absurd... Cal's stubbornness and refusal to change defense against Barrett and Canada and his laid back be the players friends to get recruits coaching during the summer tournament is what hurt... not some master team usa / K plan.

Im not just bashing Cal.......... he's a great coach but like all coaches... he has his faults at times....
He rarely makes in game adjustments during the regular season. No surprise to me that it happened in that game.

I'm not sure that this was a good move by Cal. If you tell a recruit/family that you are going to do something then you have to do it, regardless of how well it works (which is why most coaches don't promise anything to recruits). Also, if a recruit/family calls then you have to respond, even if you don't really want the player. Burning bridges is dumb because you never know when someone that you don't like/want is going to be the point for a recruit that you do want. If you intend to keep recruiting players then you must do whatever you can to keep open good communication lines.
Agree here. Cal should have called the dad back regardless.

Can't trust any dude much less a father who calls his son, "Romeo". Also, kid is full of himself, gonna be Trae Young part 2, except he'll avg a double in pts and turnovers..that or missed 30ft jumpers. Cal has been doing this a long time, so I'll go with his assessment of the situation. Also by talking bout coaches before you even sign tells me all I need to know, as well as NBA gm, never want anyone to fail unless they go to pUKe, now I can add romeno to the mix

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Can’t imagine a much bigger red flag than a kid and his Dad who would throw shade and publicly question a coach’s decisions in the media. His diss of Roy Williams was pretty vague and tasteless as well.

You just don’t do that. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that both UK and Duke pretty much passed on this Top 10 kid. Apparently Vandy, KU, and IU are desperate to enough to look past this sh!t.

Can’t imagine a much bigger red flag than a kid and his Dad who would throw shade and publicly question a coach’s decisions in the media. His diss of Roy Williams was pretty vague and tasteless as well.

You just don’t do that. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that both UK and Duke pretty much passed on this Top 10 kid. Apparently Vandy, KU, and IU are desperate to enough to look past this sh!t.
Kblew will take him, they will take anyone, no matter what the issues are. Sad, Self is such a slime ball and still can't win. Been a decade now since their title. They should really be getting desperate. Next year heading into second decade since a natty.

3 pages of people talking about something they don't know a damn thing about. God bless the interweb.

When you have a shot at a top 5 kid in his class and scoring machine, you take it. I get it, you're passionate about your team and are protecting the integrity of your coach, but Langford is not some head case and not every kid who decides he's not interested in Kentucky is a bad seed.

If Langford comes to KU, which I am certain he will, we'll be loaded and a clear top 5 team. If Langford doesn't come to KU, we'll be loaded and a clear top 5 team.

[laughing]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT