ADVERTISEMENT

Roll Call! It's Game Week UK Peeps!!

Kentucky Football needs this win in the worst possible way. Stoops is in desperate need of a MacGinnis FG against Miss. State type event to get fans to believe again.

Lose this game and really the only good thing going for the program is that it's no longer the Curry/Joker years.

It's nice to no longer be considered "Punter-U", but boy do I miss Auto-Mac! What a weapon he was. How nice would it be If we could have all the pieces of the pie at the same time (defense, offense and ST).

It's really not that hard to get excited for this game. It's another opportunity to see my Cats play football and a chance for another victory.

What I don't understand is how weak minded people are relative to UK Football. As a Cubs and Bears fan through the dismal decades of the late 60s thru the 70s and early 80s, I guess I learned to appreciate the good things I could find here and there. Great players, great moments, and great individual seasons. A lot of my friends have a similar experience as Cubs, Bears, Bengals, and Lions fans, etc.

All of us back our team and get ready for each game like it's the last one we'll ever get to see. We all love football. We all love competition. Whether we lose a game or win one, we'll be back cheering them to a victory the next week. Even if a perfect season is out the window, it can still be a meaningful and building one.

Not everybody can rebound quickly from losses. I get that. But deciding to wallow in the disappointment is something I didn't see til I moved here in the 90s.

I’ll watch but hard to get excited about this one. UK isn’t playing for much at this point. But of course I’ll be cheering them on.

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang
Doubt ill watch live. Too many commercials and better things to do than subject myself to that punishment. Will check the highlights or replay without all the advertisements.

Kentucky Football needs this win in the worst possible way. Stoops is in desperate need of a MacGinnis FG against Miss. State type event to get fans to believe again.

Lose this game and really the only good thing going for the program is that it's no longer the Curry/Joker years.
Most fans do believe...they just don't spend their days in here on a message board wallowing in pity. This is by far not the same situation we were in that year CMS was "desperate".

We lost to the #1 Team in the country and so has the other 6 teams they have played besides us.

Yes, we lost to Mizzou, which is not a bad team, better than us.

Yes, there's some mistakes and I get aggravated with it too, but these are not machines...they are college kids.

We are no longer in the Joker\Curry years. Are we 1-6?? NO!

Y'all go root for Louisville.

Damn...

Last edited:
I appreciate your enthusiasm about Kentucky kicking some Vol ass. However, you need to go back to your history and realize it was the Japanese who bombed Pearl Harbor not the Germans. I hope Kentucky has better luck against Tennessee. Then you did on your history exam about World War II.

Cats will go up 10-0 early. Vols score in 2nd quarter, midway. Cats get the ball with 2 minutes and then go 3 n out. Vols throw TD with 7 seconds, going up 14-10
2nd half, all Vols 35-13

I appreciate your enthusiasm about Kentucky kicking some Vol ass. However, you need to go back to your history and realize it was the Japanese who bombed Pearl Harbor not the Germans. I hope Kentucky has better luck against Tennessee. Then you did on your history exam about World War II.

You Nazi Stooge.

To the OPs point, anytime one of my teams plays I'm excited and hope for the best. If the QB and WRs show up and Davis is Davis UK has a chance.

Who's a UK Football fan itching to get after those Vol In Tears this weekend?!!

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NOOOO!! WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

LETS GO CATS!!
We will be partying hard and heavy and early in the purple lot .. near the helicopter pad .. drop in if you wish ... pizzas and subs in the propane oven .

• Wow
OMG. Go watch Animal House and you’ll find it’s a classic movie line.

Shadowman, clearly a reference to a scene from Animal House. Girthang gets an "A" on movie history.

Then you did on your history exam about World War II.
I live as far in the woods as about anyone, here.

Is there really someone out there more culturally naive or ignorant than I am?

If so, watch out for our fast paste offense, and our no-holes-barred defense, and do not make @Girthang an escape goat based upon the niceties of history!!

LET”S DO IT LET’S GOOO!!

Last edited:
I think we can and might win this game by 2 scores. 10 point margin maybe. If we put it together and stick together, and give em hell til sunrise, I think we can take this ridge

It's really not that hard to get excited for this game. It's another opportunity to see my Cats play football and a chance for another victory.

What I don't understand is how weak minded people are relative to UK Football. As a Cubs and Bears fan through the dismal decades of the late 60s thru the 70s and early 80s, I guess I learned to appreciate the good things I could find here and there. Great players, great moments, and great individual seasons. A lot of my friends have a similar experience as Cubs, Bears, Bengals, and Lions fans, etc.

All of us back our team and get ready for each game like it's the last one we'll ever get to see. We all love football. We all love competition. Whether we lose a game or win one, we'll be back cheering them to a victory the next week. Even if a perfect season is out the window, it can still be a meaningful and building one.

Not everybody can rebound quickly from losses. I get that. But deciding to wallow in the disappointment is something I didn't see til I moved here in the 90s.
Well said Girthang. Very much looking forward to the game!

• Love
Wouldn’t miss it for nuth’n. Hope we curb stomp them vols. Think we may add brats and sushi to the pregame meal now.

• Love
At the end of the Mizzou game I gave us a 0% chance to beat the Vols.
A few days later I felt like we had maybe a 20% chance!
By the end of the bama-vols I was at 40%
Now I am at 70% chance
By gametime Sat night if it were possible I would be feeling a bit sorry for the stinkin vols!
100% good guys!! Go Cats!

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT