ADVERTISEMENT

Rogers in portal

You call me "ignorant" but WON'T deny ANYTHING I say!!!!

Because YOU are the FRAUD!!!!

Your GRIFTING is about up!!! The fans are onto you and you KNOW IT!!!

Heck, I couldn't care LESS about Matt Jones. But you try to LINK anyone who calls you out to him and especially ME because I have gotten RIGHT TO THE POINT where YOU are EXPOSED for being a TROLL for JMI AND MITCH!!!

You MUST be either MITCH himself or the broker for JMI's UK deal.
“The broker for JMI’s UK deal”.

• Wow
Reactions: catben
Hayes has not been close to as good as Rogers…I don’t get why a debate here.
And I never said he was, you're debating with yourself over nothing. I just pointed out Hayes was hurt a good part of the year which resulted in Dinkins move to NT as Rogers backup. Rogers would be a huge loss. Rogers play freed up Walker to have an AA year.

The five star that went to OH ST had a good point. He said he could have went to other schools that offered more money. So he said his decision was does he take the money now or go somewhere he can be coached better with a better chance to make the pro's in the future? He chose OH ST instead of being tempted with money now.

Rogers has set himself up pretty good here making progress every year and finally showing nice improvement this season. With one year left to solidify himself more for the draft to me he is taking a little chance going somewhere else. He knows he is going to get good coaching here to make him better. And with only one season left and a totally new environment what if he digresses? So many things to consider, not only the coaching, but his teammates at a new place. Will he be better because of them? Of course it could turn out fine for him but to me kind of chancy with the steady progress he has shown here. JMO

Last edited:
Hayes started over Rogers in 2021 most of the season. He battled injuries this year
No he did not.

1. 2021 was McCall show at NT.
2. Hayes played ahead of Rogers in depth in 2020 but not 2021.
3. Rogers clearly outplayed Hayes in 2021 and a ton better in 2022.

Rogers will be missed. Would have been nice to get Lacey now.

Reactions: dailydouble
With one year left to solidify himself more for the draft to me he is taking a little chance going somewhere else. He knows he is going to get good coaching here to make him better. And with only one season left and a totally new environment what if he digresses? So many things to consider, not only the coaching, but his teammates at a new place. Will he be better because of them? Of course it could turn out fine for him but to me kind of chancy with the steady progress he has shown here. JMO
Maybe his NFL draft evaluation came back bad, that he was projected undrafted.

So he is cashing out now, leaving UK and our awful pathetic pennies NIL operation. And go to a serious football program run by a serious AD and backed by fans who do action not justs talk. He is looking for a nice 2023 payout, cash in hand immediately, no doubt Knoxville or Auburn or Miami will give him that.

• Sad
And go to a serious football program run by a serious AD and backed by fans who do action not justs talk. He is looking for a nice 2023 payout, cash in hand immediately, no doubt Knoxville or Auburn or Miami will give him that.
I don’t get the point of these type of comments. You’re money is good too if you want to donate or take a second mortgage out to boost NIL salary cap.

People want to spend more time chirping online than actually leading a hand like the other schools they mention. Got some freeriders for sure.

Reactions: Girthang
I don’t get the point of these type of comments. You’re money is good too if you want to donate or take a second mortgage out to boost NIL salary cap.

People want to spend more time chirping online than actually leading a hand like the other schools they mention. Got some freeriders for sure.

Nil should never fall on the average fan. That is not a way to nil success and everyone should know that. All Mitch needs to do is direct that booster money that pays coaching salaries to nil, then use more athletic funds or new booster money to fill the gap.

Expecting the average fan to be the nil difference maker is a recipe for disaster and surely everyone understands that

So he is cashing out now, leaving UK and our awful pathetic pennies NIL operation. And go to a serious football program run by a serious AD and backed by fans who do action not justs talk. He is looking for a nice 2023 payout, cash in hand immediately, no doubt Knoxville or Auburn or Miami will give him that.
And, us fans get to look forward to a DL hole previously held by a good player and hope another like body will replace him.

Regarding NIL, I initially thought it was intended for athletes to receive compensation by the universities they serve and the businesses associated with those universities.

The action most of fans have taken is buying season tickets and lot passes for years.

I’m not trying to be combative here - I just really don’t see fans paying additional money to NIL only to watch our best players opt out of games.

I do agree about the AD part - we are a football team in the SEC - the AD should operate it as such.

Nil should never fall on the average fan.
I don't have a problem with that sentiment and I 99% agree with it too, and yet the average fans of other programs are pitching in. So, I don't like hearing our NIL sucks but then no demonstration of self-responsibility and pitching in.

Just accept where UK is and move on. Everything else is just working through mental health issues online rather than talking to a professional.

I don’t remember this. Will google
@Crankdatmustard, I looked up at least half of last year and it looks to me like McCall was the starter when healthy, Hayes started for a time in Sept/Oct, and then Rogers started until McCall came back. There are some gaps though so that may not be 100% right.

But this year we can all agree Rogers started every game when healthy.

Week 1: 1st string McCall...second string Rogers OR Hayes
Week 2: 1st string McCall...second string Rogers OR Hayes
3:
4:
6: 1st string Hayes...second string Rogers
7:
8: 1st string Rogers...second string Hayes
9:
10: 1st string Rogers...second string Hayes
11:
12: 1st string McCall...second string Rogers
Bowl: 1st string McCall...second string Rogers

And, us fans get to look forward to a DL hole previously held by a good player and hope another like body will replace him.

Regarding NIL, I initially thought it was intended for athletes to receive compensation by the universities they serve and the businesses associated with those universities.

The action most of fans have taken is buying season tickets and lot passes for years.

I’m not trying to be combative here - I just really don’t see fans paying additional money to NIL only to watch our best players opt out of games.

I do agree about the AD part - we are a football team in the SEC - the AD should operate it as such.
Fans are ALREADY paying EXTRA through Mitch’s money grifting K-Fund charges for premium seats to basketball and football. That money could be directed toward NIL, but Mitch refuses to let go of it.

WHY???!!!!

If he goes to TN he better get the skrilla up front, Chumlee hasn't exactly produced a shitpot full of NFL DL. Biggest challenge at TN is beating Chumlee to head of the line at the buffet.

I don't have a problem with that sentiment and I 99% agree with it too, and yet the average fans of other programs are pitching in. So, I don't like hearing our NIL sucks but then no demonstration of self-responsibility and pitching in.

Just accept where UK is and move on. Everything else is just working through mental health issues online rather than talking to a professional.
You nailed it buddy. Knoxville and Auburn and other fanbases that want to win and are serious about it have embraced NIL and collectives. And did so almost a year ago. They understood strength in numbers, all together contributing $10, $20, $40 a month can add up damn fast

Meanwhile UK bbn nation can't do this. Barnhart's opposition most of 2022 contributed to this. Vague appeals by Stoops begging for help - with zero specifics of what he needs, what fans can do, who controls it - didn't help either.

It is what it is, our program is 12 to 15 months behind opponents. And I doubt we have the will as a fanbase to fix it.

But damn Stoops for having a bad recruiting class!!!! Damn him for Goodwin and Rodgers going into the portal, that's his fault not mine!!!!!

Reactions: CatPatrick13
Fans are ALREADY paying EXTRA through Mitch’s money grifting K-Fund charges for premium seats to basketball and football. That money could be directed toward NIL, but Mitch refuses to let go of it.

WHY???!!!!
They could also cut the price of kettle corn in half and the rest of that money could be directed at NIL. LOL at the clueless KSR cult member.

Justin Rogers played lights out the last 4 or 5 games of his career but he has been just a guy otherwise. Well less than just a guy because he usually got washed out of plays and was a negative.

@Crankdatmustard, I looked up at least half of last year and it looks to me like McCall was the starter when healthy, Hayes started for a time in Sept/Oct, and then Rogers started until McCall came back. There are some gaps though so that may not be 100% right.

But this year we can all agree Rogers started every game when healthy.

Week 1: 1st string McCall...second string Rogers OR Hayes
Week 2: 1st string McCall...second string Rogers OR Hayes
3:
4:
6: 1st string Hayes...second string Rogers
7:
8: 1st string Rogers...second string Hayes
9:
10: 1st string Rogers...second string Hayes
11:
12: 1st string McCall...second string Rogers
Bowl: 1st string McCall...second string Rogers
Which hits home the point....neither Hayes nor Rogers was that much better than the other.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

WHY???!!!!
Virtually all universities have a k-Fund equivalent. You act like this is somehow unique to UK. No other university is forgoing K-Fund money in the hopes that that money would be directed to players. Why would UK do something that no one else is doing. Second, why would UK give up that money when there is no guarantee the people paying it would direct all of it to student athletes. People may choose to just keep the money.

Reactions: YaketySax
Which hits home the point....neither Hayes nor Rogers was that much better than the other.
Uh...that's not the conclusion I would draw at all. Rogers started every game this season and Hayes started some last year but not anymore than Rogers did.

Now, is there a world of difference between the two? Probably not. This is a odd hill to die on but I'll get out of your way now. The facts are that Hayes didn't start over Rogers all last season when McCall was injured like you originally posted.

Meanwhile UK bbn nation can't do this. Barnhart's opposition most of 2022 contributed to this.
I think your first and second sentences contradict each other. I don't think if Barnhart established a NIL operations that met the satisfaction of posters 18 months ago it would have made a difference, because at the end of the day UT fans care way more about UT football than UK fans care about UK football (broadly speaking).

But in any case, it's going on now so individual fans and businesses can get involved. If one doesn't want to be involved that's fine - this is just sports anyway - but if one is not involved then just keep quiet and stop criticizing from the gallery seats like those old guys on The Muppets.

• Haha
Reactions: southindycat
I'll say it until I'm blue in the face, but a good chunk of criticisms directed towards UK's athletic operations would be preempted if posters took 30 min to look at how it compares similarly to just about every other athletic department.
Yeah, I don't really understand how people can supposedly follow a University's athletic teams so closely and yet have no clue how athletic departments operate at virtually every major university.

A realistic future scenario:

Barnhardt gets the vacant B10 Commissioner job or just plain retires. A new AD gets hired, everyone gets excited, and then things only change marginally because the problems are bigger than Barnhardt (example: OSU, Michigan, Bama, UGA, Oklahoma, UT, Auburn, etc able to offer more NIL money to portal players than mid-tier programs like UK just like UK can outspend MAC teams and other smaller fish)

Who will they blame then? I doubt they even take five minutes to consider they had it mostly wrong.

...here I am defending Barnhardt more than even I'm comfortable with look what you've all done to me jeebus

Last edited:
A realistic future scenario:

Barnhardt gets the vacant B10 Commissioner job or just plain retires. A new AD gets hired, everyone gets excited, and then things only change marginally because the problems are bigger than Barnhardt (example: OSU, Michigan, Bama, UGA, Oklahoma, UT, Auburn, etc able to offer more NIL money to portal players than mid-tier programs like UK).

Who will they blame then? I doubt they even take five minutes to consider they had it mostly wrong.

...here I am defending Barnhardt more than even I'm comfortable with look what you've all done to me jeebus
Problem is TN is funneling TV money to boosters who then funnel it to NIL. Shouldn't be allowed but as of now there's no oversight so they can do what they want....and believe me TN will do just that. UK needs to adopt from TN's long established cheating template while we're in the "Wild West" era. We're in the "Cheater takes all" time of college football. Cheat or lose folks.

Virtually all universities have a k-Fund equivalent. You act like this is somehow unique to UK. No other university is forgoing K-Fund money in the hopes that that money would be directed to players. Why would UK do something that no one else is doing. Second, why would UK give up that money when there is no guarantee the people paying it would direct all of it to student athletes. People may choose to just keep the money.
Because UK doesn’t have the big time donors other schools have.

How do you KNOW UK season ticket holders wouldn’t give at least HALF of the K Fund donation to NIL???

Playing in the SEC has given UK more than enough money through the TV contracts to support athletics. The K Fund is something that fans are ALREADY paying that could be diverted to NIL.

UK fans LOVE winning!!! If they are willing to pay Mitch’s K Fund, I am fairly sure they would pay half the amount of what they ALREADY PAY to NIL.

Because UK doesn’t have the big time donors other schools have.

How do you KNOW UK season ticket holders wouldn’t give at least HALF of the K Fund donation to NIL???

Playing in the SEC has given UK more than enough money through the TV contracts to support athletics. The K Fund is something that fans are ALREADY paying that could be diverted to NIL.

UK fans LOVE winning!!! If they are willing to pay Mitch’s K Fund, I am fairly sure they would pay half the amount of what they ALREADY PAY to NIL.
You will have to show me the numbers that prove "the SEC has given UK more than enough money through TV contracts to support athletics". If that is true what is UK doing with K-Fund money, ticket sales money, concession money, parking money, etc.?

Now it's athletes would get half the K-Fund money. Again, how do you know. You're just speculating. You have also not answered the question as to why no one else is doing that? I don't think every other division 1/Power 5 school has more big money donors than UK. Some do, some don't. Yet no one is doing what you want. There must be a reason no one thinks your idea is a good one.

Uh...that's not the conclusion I would draw at all. Rogers started every game this season and Hayes started some last year but not anymore than Rogers did.

Now, is there a world of difference between the two? Probably not. This is a odd hill to die on but I'll get out of your way now. The facts are that Hayes didn't start over Rogers all last season when McCall was injured like you originally posted.
Bingo

You will have to show me the numbers that prove "the SEC has given UK more than enough money through TV contracts to support athletics". If that is true what is UK doing with K-Fund money, ticket sales money, concession money, parking money, etc.?

Now it's athletes would get half the K-Fund money. Again, how do you know. You're just speculating. You have also not answered the question as to why no one else is doing that? I don't think every other division 1/Power 5 school has more big money donors than UK. Some do, some don't. Yet no one is doing what you want. There must be a reason no one thinks your idea is a good one.
Whether anyone else is doing it or not is irrelevant to my point. It IS something that Mitch could do to help keep our program competitive. Would some of the non-revenue sports have to cut back, sure. This hasnt been something athletic dept’s have had to deal with for a long enough time, so how do you know that it won’t be used in the very near future? Why won’t Mitch be the groundbreaker for it???

I’ll tell you why, because he would have to GIVE UP some of his CONTROL over UK Athletics.

You KNOW it. That’s why you are CONSTANTLY defending him and have been for years.

I wonder how long it will take for major drug money to start showing up in NIL? And who will be the first program that gets caught up in such a scandal? I figure it is just a matter of time as wide open as everything is right now.

Maybe this is one area where we can compete. You think we might be able to talk some of the good old boys in the hills and hollers into planting some extra ganja and diverting the profits to one of the collectives? LMAO. Talk about higher education!

Sigh. One just has to shake their head at the landscape that has been created in college athletics. It is literally a free-for-all right now, with no regulation and no oversight. Anything goes. And you can damn well bet anything will.

• Haha
This fanbase is so tightwad the latest stadium expansion had to be 100% financed by bond borrowing

AND

Athletics had to promise to fund a new academic science bldg, out of our SEC revenues

This fanbase is so tightwad the latest stadium expansion had to be 100% financed by bond borrowing

AND

Athletics had to promise to fund a new academic science bldg, out of our SEC revenues
How's the vaunted indoor track/Nutter only football deal coming along???

Reactions: JHB4UK
Whether anyone else is doing it or not is irrelevant to my point. It IS something that Mitch could do to help keep our program competitive. Would some of the non-revenue sports have to cut back, sure. This hasnt been something athletic dept’s have had to deal with for a long enough time, so how do you know that it won’t be used in the very near future? Why won’t Mitch be the groundbreaker for it???

I’ll tell you why, because he would have to GIVE UP some of his CONTROL over UK Athletics.

You KNOW it. That’s why you are CONSTANTLY defending him and have been for years.
He won't do it because it doesn't make economic sense to do it. That's also why you won't see other universities do it. You completely avoided the financial question which I will interpret to mean to you can't support what you said.

I defend him against ignorant accusations. I don't defend everything he does. He has been a very good athletic director for UK and much better than any previous ADs at UK. I don't think this is debatable if you look at the level at which our teams compete compared to the level at which they used to compete. Another objective view of his tenure at UK is to look at how our athletic department has improved compared to other athletic departments. Based on director cup standings, I think it is safe to say, our athletic department has improved more than most during his tenure.

That being said, I think the contract he gave Cal was a poor decision. I think anytime a person doesn't have to perform to finish the final years of his employment life, the tendency will be to not work as hard as before. I think he is sticking with Ming longer than his performance justifies. I'm really pulling for Elzy to be a great head coach but so far it's not looking like that's going to happen. As with any AD, he has made some very good hires and some not so good hires. No AD is perfect. I just don't blow his failings out of proportion and diminish his successes. He is good at what he does and has been good for UK athletics. I hope his successor does even better.

How's the vaunted indoor track/Nutter only football deal coming along???
Any day now!! Ground will be broken!!! Just gotta clear up some supply chain issues!!!

Can't wait for Stoops to bitch about this twice as hard this yr if we have another cold wet Spring

Any day now!! Ground will be broken!!! Just gotta clear up some supply chain issues!!!

Can't wait for Stoops to bitch about this twice as hard this yr if we have another cold wet Spring
Seems like one of those "The check's in the mail" deals. ;)

It’s interesting to see all the hand-wringing occurring NOW about NIL. A lot of these same ppl were spouting the benefits of NIL and patting themselves on the back for being so progressive.

Meanwhile, anyone with common sense (which obviously excludes the NCAA and a large part of fans) could see the natural progression of NIL and it’s long-term harmful repercussions. Unfortunately, per usual you had a vocal portion of fans, joined by state legislatures, who derp derp derped their way into making pay-for-play the new reality.

Congratulations. You’ve now destroyed amateur athletics at the collegiate level, and it is now seeping into the High School level.

So you’ve made it “better” for athletes for a narrow window in time. But you’ve simultaneously murdered the amateur athletic system ensuring that generations of future athletes won’t have anywhere near as many opportunities as previous generations.

The number of sports being offered by schools will have to be reduced to feed the football monster. Kids that used partial athletic scholarships to help pay for school will be SOL. Fan interest outside of the Big 10/SEC will begin to decline. in another generation you will have a handful of teams that are essentially Triple A baseball and everyone else still fielding a team playing Division III-like seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT