ADVERTISEMENT

Rogers in portal

I guess someone else offered more money. You know, I just don't know if college sports is worth following and investing our emotions in any longer. Things were already difficult enough for football programs with a history like UK's, trying to compete with the football giants. Now we have to contend with this crap where the highest bidder can simply swoop in and nab the few good recruits we are able to get.
I said early on NIL would hurt college sports. NCAA athletics is nothing more than semi-pro at this point. The have opened a can of worms with no way of fixing it. The schools with the most money and boosters are always going to buy the best players. No different than Pro sports.

Whether people like MJ or not, I think he is right about NIL from this standpoint. 1) Our NIL is currently dependent on a very few big donors. This is not sustainable. 2) Our AD is very opposed to NIL, and is not energetically promoting NIL. (I’m not anti-Mitch, but his dislike & lack of energy relating to NIL is obvious to everyone. Well … most everyone.) 3) Very few people knew HOW to contribute to any collective before a few weeks ago.

This post isn’t about MJ, but I don’t disagree with his statements about UK being late to the NIL game. It feels like MB was forced to do NIL, and he came kicking and screaming.

You can guarantee whatever collective the Crafts choose to channel their NIL contributions through is the preferred collective of the coaches and administration.
More lies about our AD being opposed to NIL. Again, that’s all you KSR sheep do is lie and carry Matt Jones water in his feud with JMI and UK. You can keep repeating the lie you got from your cult leader, it will still be a lie.

We were so late to the NIL game that CBS Mornings came in and did a show on their national program about our athletes profiting off of NIL when NIL was new in 2021. Make your lies make sense.

Yes it's true I'm not a Stoops guy. He lost me when he didn't build off the success of 2018... you want to know what I think...he's in the same category as Kirk Ferenz and a Stoops doppelganger Brett Bielema even though he hasn't reached the level of success either have had...same old boring game plan.

Reactions: bigbluedon
More lies about our AD being opposed to NIL. Again, that’s all you KSR sheep do is lie and carry Matt Jones water in his feud with JMI and UK. You can keep repeating the lie you got from your cult leader, it will still be a lie.

We were so late to the NIL game that CBS Mornings came in and did a show on their national program about our athletes profiting off of NIL when NIL was new in 2021. Make your lies make sense.
Good grief, man. Seek help.

769o6f.jpg

Whether people like MJ or not, I think he is right about NIL from this standpoint. 1) Our NIL is currently dependent on a very few big donors. This is not sustainable. 2) Our AD is very opposed to NIL, and is not energetically promoting NIL. (I’m not anti-Mitch, but his dislike & lack of energy relating to NIL is obvious to everyone. Well … most everyone.) 3) Very few people knew HOW to contribute to any collective before a few weeks ago.

This post isn’t about MJ, but I don’t disagree with his statements about UK being late to the NIL game. It feels like MB was forced to do NIL, and he came kicking and screaming.

You can guarantee whatever collective the Crafts choose to channel their NIL contributions through is the preferred collective of the coaches and administration.
You can only go to those types of donors so much this tells me that whoever is in charge is not distributing the money appropriately should never give to players riding the bench

Hayes was hurt the last third of the year which opened the door for Dinkins, Hayes finally returned for bowl. Saunders has been hurt, DNP in bowl but Anaele did.
Hayes has not been close to as good as Rogers…I don’t get why a debate here.

Reactions: JHB4UK
I said early on NIL would hurt college sports. NCAA athletics is nothing more than semi-pro at this point. The have opened a can of worms with no way of fixing it. The schools with the most money and boosters are always going to buy the best players. No different than Pro sports.
Well pro sports have salary caps, inverse drafts for players.

So this will be nothing like NFL or NBA..maybe MLB will come close

This one hurts. This is the first big loss for Stoops in the transfer portal. That means he has now lost his two highest ever ranked recruits to the portal.
I'm having an old brain moment ... who was the other one? (maybe i don't want to know)

Hayes has not been close to as good as Rogers…I don’t get why a debate here.
Most of their soph year Hayes was right there with Rogers. There were reports he was second string agead of rogers. They at the least split reps. The end of last year and this year Rogers was way better.

Reactions: K_TIME
This one hurts. This is the first big loss for Stoops in the transfer portal. That means he has now lost his two highest ever ranked recruits to the portal.
They're actually 3 and 4. Also it appears Goodwin will prob be back

Edit: that was all time per 247. On rivals they're 1 and 3 in the stoops era. Landon Young is 2nd

Last edited:

You sound emotional about this topic and disparage anyone with a different take.

I am not an MJ apologist, nor am I anti-Mitch. I am, however, a UK fan with eyes and ears. If you don't think Mitch has been opposed to NIL then I think you may wear some Mitch-tinted glasses. He thought NCAA would rule against pay-for-play. (Recruits) I think that's common knowledge.

Couple questions for you. 1) Do you think Stoops and Cal went around Mitch to get Kentucky to pass an NIL law this summer? 2) Do you think Mitch's heart is in promoting any of the collectives you mention? 3) Which collective did the Crafts use to channel $ to UK football and why didn't they choose one that already existed?

If I follow your logic, then UK has plenty $ sitting in NIL collectives, and Rogers leaving has nothing to do with NIL.

I acknowledge 100% that I'm clueless about how many collectives contribute to UK athletes. However, I don't think the issue is how MANY collectives we have, but how MUCH the collectives contribute. As stated above, it's my guess that whatever collective the Crafts used to contribute to UK football is Stoops' preferred choice. I don't pretend to know why it his choice.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
It wasn’t long ago people were crying “MITCH WONT DO THE COLLECTIVE THING!!!”.

Then Mitch “did the collective thing”.

Now, it’s just more crying.

Again, you can donate AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU WANT right now via this simple website.

*and I dislike Mitch a lot. I would fire him, but not because of NIL.

I keep seeing people talking about Dinkins filling the spot. Folks, Dinkins is 6'5" and weighs 280 lbs. How many 280 pounders do you see playing NG in a 3-4 defense in a league such as the SEC? He has the right size to play end. But if we have to play him at NG, we're probably in deep, deep trouble unless he eats a whole lot more beans and taters in the off-season.
People talking about that because he got a chance to show it on tape for the bowl. Who knows if he'll stick with it but as far as the measurements go, if he can keep low pad level it doesn't matter (Alabama's Oatis is listed at 6'5'' and Georgia's Jordan Davis is listed at 6'6''). I assume all player measurements are a bit inflated but you get the idea.

What determines a nose from a DE is his quickness more or less. If he can't rush the pass, but he has a frame that can support 300+ pounds and keep a low pad level, you give him a shot at NG. He's a RS FR so he's got a couple more years to add that good weight.

1) Our NIL is currently dependent on a very few big donors. This is not sustainable.
I agree but what rarely (ever?) gets talked about is this is also true for 110+ D1 football programs. And, it's true for all wider athletic departments (about every school's most popular sport gets the vast majority of NIL business interest and probably fan donations too). Each school's most popular sport will eat first. At UK, that means UK basketball will always be fine. At Vandy, that means their baseball team will always be fine. Etc.

What I wish Matt Jones would do is frame the debate in terms of an issue for everyone, but instead he's got such an axe to grind with JMI over competing media business interests he makes it sound like it's an uniquely UK issue.

But anyway, until things change it's going to be chaos and it's why more people are pushing for well-defined lanes and Kirk Herbstreit is talking a CBA for college athletes. We all like a good punching bag, but I believe Mitch being a year early on NIL wouldn't have changed the facts of life for UK football. UK football donors will never compete with most other SEC football donors.

Last edited:
You sound emotional about this topic and disparage anyone with a different take.

I am not an MJ apologist, nor am I anti-Mitch. I am, however, a UK fan with eyes and ears. If you don't think Mitch has been opposed to NIL then I think you may wear some Mitch-tinted glasses. He thought NCAA would rule against pay-for-play. (Recruits) I think that's common knowledge.

Couple questions for you. 1) Do you think Stoops and Cal went around Mitch to get Kentucky to pass an NIL law this summer? 2) Do you think Mitch's heart is in promoting any of the collectives you mention? 3) Which collective did the Crafts use to channel $ to UK football and why didn't they choose one that already existed?

If I follow your logic, then UK has plenty $ sitting in NIL collectives, and Rogers leaving has nothing to do with NIL.

I acknowledge 100% that I'm clueless about how many collectives contribute to UK athletes. However, I don't think the issue is how MANY collectives we have, but how MUCH the collectives contribute. As stated above, it's my guess that whatever collective the Crafts used to contribute to UK football is Stoops' preferred choice. I don't pretend to know why it his choice.
I don’t mind different takes, I have a problem with the constant lies y’all spew.

1. Cal and Barnhart went to Frankfort to lobby for NIL. Despite your lies it was televised by multiple outlets. Where does this lie that they went around him to make it a law come from?

2. Mitch’s Heart in on promoting the collectives. Well it ain’t quite as simple as you all make it out to be with the University having to follow State and Federal laws and title IX. He and UK absolutely will not promote any collective that isn’t vetted and approved. The 15 gets promoted, Commonwealth Causes gets promoted, and so does Kentucky charities.

3. I don’t know what collectives the Crafts give to if any at all or what it has to do with the price of tea in China.

I have no idea how much money any of the collectives have. Where on Earth did you get that I said they have plenty of money? I also have no idea why Justin Rogers is in the portal, neither does any of the people making definitive claims.

Pay for play is absolutely illegal in Kentucky state law and it’s a NCAA violation. It has never been legal in NCAA so I’m not sure why you’re talking about them ruling against something that has never been legal.

You guys lie about Mitch Barnhart and UK not supporting NIL when they absolutely do. The issue is fans and business not contributing. The Mark Stoops The 15 NIL promotion on twitter is full of comments of fans saying they not going to pay for players. Then y’all have the nerve to claim UK, Barnhart, and somehow JMI is the problem.

Last edited:
Cal and Stoops went around Mitch to get Kentucky to pass an NIL law. They have repeated this lie numerous times along with Barnhart doesn’t support NIL.

Welp, this is awkward.

Stoops can coach defense. Not worried about this. If he left due to NIL then the Richie riches should have ponied up.

Time for Barney to get lost so we can take the nil shackles off and do what it takes. He’s needs to go for about 5 other things too btw

I guess someone else offered more money. You know, I just don't know if college sports is worth following and investing our emotions in any longer. Things were already difficult enough for football programs with a history like UK's, trying to compete with the football giants. Now we have to contend with this crap where the highest bidder can simply swoop in and nab the few good recruits we are able to get.
But that can also be a positive. Just need some big time donors.

The group clueless as to what NIL is and how it works continues to throw out wild speculations that is then accepted as truth then repeated over and over. These are the same people who think you can only give to one collective and you could only start giving to it a few weeks ago. This is how their lies build, all from a cryptic tweet from cult leader Daddy Matt
Teach us buddy. The only thing you seem to do is scream “liar” like a little school girl.

It wasn’t long ago people were crying “MITCH WONT DO THE COLLECTIVE THING!!!”.

Then Mitch “did the collective thing”.

Now, it’s just more crying.

Again, you can donate AS MUCH MONEY AS YOU WANT right now via this simple website.

*and I dislike Mitch a lot. I would fire him, but not because of NIL.
Thanks for the link. It is helpful. But at first, it wasn’t Mitch won’t do a collective, it was Mitch can’t do a collective because it’s illegal. Now the collective is out. Late but still out at least.

Reactions: entropy13
Thanks for the link. It is helpful. But at first, it wasn’t Mitch won’t do a collective, it was Mitch can’t do a collective because it’s illegal. Now the collective is out. Late but still out at least.
We had collectives in 2021. Mitch can’t do collectives because collectives are 3rd parties. Still clueless. A school paying players is not NIL, it’s pay for play, again NIL is a player making money off of their name image and likeness. Collectives are 3rd party organizations. We have multiple collectives now and have had some some dating back to 2021. Despite the lies that are spread on this board, you have always been able to give to them.

They always say the collective as if there’s just one.

Last edited:
I don’t mind different takes, I have a problem with the constant lies y’all spew.
You say you don’t mind different takes, but you call different takes “spewing lies.”

Not sure how this got off on to MJ and MB. I have defended MB many times, but disagree with your assessment regarding his energy for NIL. Regarding this summer, I think Cal and Stoops went around Mitch to initiate conversations on our current NIL law. (This is probably my take that you call ‘spewing lies.”)

I interpreted your “no one but you understands NIL” statement as meaning the Rogers decision is not related to NIL because our coffers are flush with $.

I’m going back to my original premise (100% guess) that Rogers is leaving because Walker is receiving more NIL $.

Last edited:
You say you don’t mind different takes, but you call different takes “spewing lies.”

Not sure how this got off on to MJ and MB. I have defended MB many times, but disagree with your assessment regarding his energy for NIL. Regarding this summer, MB showed up for the NIL signing, but I think Cal and Stoops went around him to get the law passed.

I interpreted your “no one but you understands NIL” statement as meaning the Rogers decision is not related to NIL because our coffers are flush with $.

I’m going back to my original premise (100% guess) that Rogers is leaving because Walker is receiving more NIL $.
Yeah, when you don’t tell the truth and make up stuff those are lies. When you say Mitch Barnhart doesn’t support NIL, that’s a lie. When you say you couldn’t give to collectives, that’s a lie. When you say Stoops and Cal went around Barnhart to get a NIL law, that’s a lie. When you say JMI won’t let Stoppa do appearances for collectives, that’s a lie. When you say JMI wants a cut of NIL deals, that’s a lie. When you UK didn’t support NIL, that’s a lie.

A lot of people get NIL, you KSR sheep choose to spew lies for daddy Matt. Y’all have told numerous lies and continue to lie to forward his agenda in his war against JMI and UK.

I literally posted the tweet about him testifying in Frankfort but you’re still on the “they went around him” lie. Again, that’s all y’all do is make up complete BS. Barnhart wasnt at the signing, Cal, Elzy, Ryne Howard, Jeff Walls from UL, Murray States and NKU’s basketball coaches and a few others were.

Again, Cal and Barnhart testified and lobbied for a NIL law in Kentucky.

Last edited:
I posted about 3 weeks ago that between the portal and the 2024 signing class UK needs to add at least 2-3 interior DL. (Some argued the point.) There were rumors then about Rogers entering the portal.

We lose 3 upper classmen, QJones never made it to campus from last years signing class, and now with Rogers possibly transferring its an even bigger need. This is an area where we have to be able to add big quality to be able to play an entire SEC season competitively. With our SEC SLATE alone increasing, it makes it imperative we get as far ahead of the curve as we can in the time remaining.

Both lines are hugely important to being able to continue moving up the food chain instead of falling back down.

Last edited:
When you say Mitch Barnhart doesn’t support NIL, that’s a lie. When you say you couldn’t give to collectives, that’s a lie.
Please point out a single post I’ve made about people not being able to give to a collective.

I do have plenty reason to believe Stoops and Cal went behind Mitch to initiate conversations about our NIL law. You post videos and tweets of Mitch in Frankfort, but I doubt even you believe Mitch was there to convince a reluctant government to pass an NIL law. That decision was made before Mitch and Cal made their publicity appearance. (That may be my take that you call “spewing lies.”)

I think my statement about agreeing with MJ’s overarching premise that we are behind other SEC programs caused you to label me as ”KSR Sheep & Daddy Matt.” I disagree with plenty things Matt says, but it doesn’t cause me to ignore the points I agree with.

Bottom line, I think we have an NIL problem. It caused a slow start to recruiting. A few big boosters contributed at the 11th hour and UK finished strong. Equally important, it appears Stoops was able to retain key players. None of my posts in this thread were about Mitch until you brought it up. I simply said I agreed with MJ’s premise that we have an NIL problem. I don’t dispute that MJ has a beef with JMI & Mitch because his personal business can’t use the UK logo. Yet, that issue doesn’t diminish the university’s problem with lack of contributors to NIL. I posted earlier this year (last year) that I do NOT blame Mitch for NIL Mitch by nature is not a public cheerleader, rah, rah guy. That’s not who he is. That’s not even who we need him to be. However, Mitch DOES need to find someone to be the public face of NIL and give them his full support. Someone needs to travel the state and rally the troops.

Back to my premise. I’m guessing Rogers does not have the NIL deal he thinks he deserves. In your world, my opinion makes me a “Sheep or someone my Daddy.”

Reactions: JHB4UK and catben
What NIL shackles do we have on?
The BIGGEST thing Mitch could do next season is to DROP Half the amount of the K-Fund that he charges for the better seats in Kroger AND Rupp. Then ENCOURAGE the season ticket holders that pay those GRIFTING FEES to pay the other half to ANY NIL Collective that goes directly to players.

The next thing would be to ENCOURAGE JMI to LOWER the licensing fee amount because it's SOOO HIGH it will DAMGE their OWN investment because UK Athletics value will DECREASE when fans STOP following UK sports because we can't compete.

The BIGGEST thing Mitch could do next season is to DROP Half the amount of the K-Fund that he charges for the better seats in Kroger AND Rupp. Then ENCOURAGE the season ticket holders that pay those GRIFTING FEES to pay the other half to ANY NIL Collective that goes directly to players.

The next thing would be to ENCOURAGE JMI to LOWER the licensing fee amount because it's SOOO HIGH it will DAMGE their OWN investment because UK Athletics value will DECREASE when fans STOP following UK sports because we can't compete.
Do you think licensing fees for UK’s logos and markings is more or less than Georgia and Alabama who had the #1 and #2 recruiting classes in the country? LOL at the KSR sheep and their narratives. Tell KSR Bar to lower their prices, Kentucky fans who eat there will be able to give more to collectives if the food and alcohol are cheaper.

Last edited:
Do you think licensing frees for UK’s logos and markings is more or less than Georgia and Alabama who had the #1 and #2 recruiting classes in the country? LOL at the KSR sheep and their narratives. Tell KSR Bar to lower their prices, Kentucky fans who eat there will be able to give more to collectives if the food and alcohol are cheaper.
I gave you TWO things your BOY Mitch and your COMPANY JMI could do DIRECTLY to help MARKET a PRODUCT that would BENEFIT UK AND JMI.

Your answer is a COPOUT!!! Just like ALL of your answers about NIL and UK!!!

You are the one that LIES AND DECEIVES!!! YOU are the one that HATES UK!!!!

You don't want UK to succeed!!!!

YOU are the one that cares ONLY about the MONEY being made by JMI!!!!

I gave you TWO things your BOY Mitch and your COMPANY JMI could do DIRECTLY to help MARKET a PRODUCT that would BENEFIT UK AND JMI.

Your answer is a COPOUT!!! Just like ALL of your answers about NIL and UK!!!

You are the one that LIES AND DECEIVES!!! YOU are the one that HATES UK!!!!

You don't want UK to succeed!!!!

YOU are the one that cares ONLY about the MONEY being made by JMI!!!!
You put out nonsense because you don’t know how things work and blindly buy KSR BS narratives. You gotta pay lisencing fees at every school in the country to use their logo and markings. Y’all act like at UK it’s holding back NIL, that’s complete BS. Why isn’t it holding back NIL at other schools, some with much higher licensing fees? You’re a clueless KSR cult member.

You’re mad because daddy Matt can no longer freeload off of UK. Daddy Matt can no longer sell BrowDown t shirts and make money off the players name image and likeness like he used to.

You put out nonsense because you don’t know how things work and blindly buy KSR BS narratives. You gotta pay lisencing fees at every school in the country to use their logo and markings. Y’all act like at UK it’s holding back NIL, that’s complete BS. Why isn’t it holding back NIL at other schools, some with much higher licensing fees? You’re a clueless KSR cult member.

You’re mad because daddy Matt can no longer freeload off of UK. Daddy Matt can no longer sell BrowDown t shirts and make money off the players name image and likeness like he used to.
Matt Jones has ZERO to do with the 2 things I proposed.

You WOOSED OUT and didn't address them like you have EVERY TIME I mention those 2 things that would be SIMPLE to accomplish. You KNOW Mitch's K-Fund is a FREAKING GRIFT for fans to get MORE money for sports that bring ZERO money into the athletic dept.

You KNOW JMI AND Mitch do NOT want COMPETITION for MONEY UK Makes from advertising. Mitch AND JMI have DISCOURAGED ALL of the JMI sponsors from SHARING ad dollars with NIL Collectives.

YOU KNOW IT, yet YOU LIE AND DECEIVE everyone with your responses to these posts.

You USE Matt Jones as a "BOOGEY MAN" for your LIES!!!

YOU are a TROLL that HATES UK and doesn't want UK to SUCCEED!!! You just want Mitch to CONTROL ALL OF the MONEY coming in to UK!!!

What's going to happen is fans will STOP coming to games and even following UK in the VERY NEAR future!! Then WHERE will JMI and Mitch be??!!!!!

Last edited:
Matt Jones has ZERO to do with the 2 things I proposed.

You WOOSED OUT and didn't address them like you have EVERY TIME I mention those 2 things that would be SIMPLE to accomplish. You KNOW Mitch's K-Fund is a FREAKI GRIFT for fans to get MORE money for sports that bring ZERO money into the athletic dept.

You KNOW JMI AND Mitch do NOT want COMPETITION for MONEY UK Makes from advertising. Mitch AND JMI have DISCOURAGED ALL of the JMI sponsors from SHARING ad dollars with NIL Collectives.

YOU KNOW IT, yet YOU LIE AND DECEIVE everyone with your responses to these posts.

You USE Matt Jones as a "BOOGEY MAN" for your LIES!!!

YOU are a TROLL that HATES UK and doesn't want UK to SUCCEED!!! You just want Mitch to CONTROL ALL OF the MONEY coming in to UK!!!

What's going to happen is fans will STOP coming to games and even following UK in the VERY NEAR future!! Then WHERE will JMI and Mitch be??!!!!!
They don’t want competition? LOL at your ignorance, completely clueless as to how the world works. Good luck not going to games and not following UK, KSR is clearly more important to you anyway. You’ll still have Dear Leader Matt Jones and your cult that he has believing 71 is a magical number in basketball. I can’t stop laughing at that one.

They don’t want competition? LOL at your ignorance, completely clueless as to how the world works. Good luck not going to games and not following UK, KSR is clearly more important to you anyway. You’ll still have Dear Leader Matt Jones and your cult that he has believing 71 is a magical number in basketball. I can’t stop laughing at that one.
You call me "ignorant" but WON'T deny ANYTHING I say!!!!

Because YOU are the FRAUD!!!!

Your GRIFTING is about up!!! The fans are onto you and you KNOW IT!!!

Heck, I couldn't care LESS about Matt Jones. But you try to LINK anyone who calls you out to him and especially ME because I have gotten RIGHT TO THE POINT where YOU are EXPOSED for being a TROLL for JMI AND MITCH!!!

You MUST be either MITCH himself or the broker for JMI's UK deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT