ADVERTISEMENT

Robot Lawn Mowers

funKYcat75

All-American
Apr 10, 2008
Free Mash
No joke, I actually bought one of those Worx Landroid mowers. It was half off, so about $500 off.

It was an impulse buy and now that I’m reading up on it, it seems like a finicky little thing. Anyone else have one and maybe have some tips and tricks?

For the record, my back lawn has zero shade and I’m getting old.

My roomba can be a little bitch and right now is saying it has a hardware problem so I can only imagine him much trouble a mower would have and roombas have been out for over a decade.

I wish instead of adding features like you can use Wi-Fi from your phone at work to start it, instead how about more durable high quality?

19a712a41f2f82de6d3cfecd8e7fb2f46fb47e72.gif

I'm at the point of wishing I could either concrete the whole yard or install artificial turf. If I could afford it that is. The climate change people would love that. No more lawn mowing.

• Haha
Reactions: J_Dee and vhcat70
Very soon you will have the capability to strap a speaker and mic to your automated lawnmower, and tell it what to do and discuss cutting options with it. You could even make it talk in, say, your neighbor’s voice. Imagine telling your lawnmower, “Doug, you little, bitch, go cut my lawn”. And train it to respond, “yes sir”.

Very soon you will have the capability to strap a speaker and mic to your automated lawnmower, and tell it what to do and discuss cutting options with it. You could even make it talk in, say, your neighbor’s voice. Imagine telling your lawnmower, “Doug, you little, bitch, go cut my lawn”. And train it to respond, “yes sir”.
The future appears to suck. I have no desire to talk with devices. Someone bought us an Alexa for a wedding gift and that stupid thing was returned as soon as we got back from the honeymoon.

The future appears to suck. I have no desire to talk with devices. Someone bought us an Alexa for a wedding gift and that stupid thing was returned as soon as we got back from the honeymoon.
While I agree, Alexa is awesome.

“Hey Alexa, set a timer for the chicken masala pizza in the oven”

I mean that’s pretty much my only use case, but I like that one.

Also it is guaranteed time that no one can talk with you. Along with driving, that's basically the only time to listen to a podcast, etc without interruption.
My difference is that I enjoy listening to my favorite person vs. a podcast.

Last edited:
Reactions: funKYcat75

I would encourage you take it to your neighbor with the pistol strapped to his chest and ask him to talk with it, too. Guaranteed that he will love it.

No joke, I actually bought one of those Worx Landroid mowers. It was half off, so about $500 off.

It was an impulse buy and now that I’m reading up on it, it seems like a finicky little thing. Anyone else have one and maybe have some tips and tricks?

For the record, my back lawn has zero shade and I’m getting old.
Would never want one. Love doing yard work. Be 73 Halloween. Also know my next door neighbor's yard.

I loathe grass cutting. I did it a lot when I was a kid. Now my outdoor allergies are so bad that if I drive past someone cutting their grass with my window down, it about takes my breathe away. I have to roll up the window before I get close. I did allergy shots and they didn't help very much at all. So I retired from yard work. I don't know how you can basically have no allergies at all when you are younger to being allergic to like everything outside when you get older?

Reactions: J_Dee
main-qimg-d49e7236da3bb014b7f3eabde89e8ab8-lq

This is what corn looked like before humans started messing with it. Broccoli, cabbage, kale, cauliflower, and kohlrabi are all the same species and are the products of selective breeding. Bananas have been bred to have such tiny seeds that they can’t reproduce from them, all banana trees are cloned. Grass that quits growing at 3”???? F&@$ no, can’t be done.

This is what I think about when I have to mow my grass.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry buys his dad a “wizard device” and all he used it for was a tip calculator

Reactions: bluebornwildcat
I hate yard work and our new house is going to have a hilly, giant front and backyard that I want nothing to do with so I’ve already lined up a landscape company to take care of it.

I got a RoboRock S7 for the new house. And for as high quality as it is for robot vacuum.. it still runs into enough little issues, that I'd never trust this technology for handling a lawn right now. Lawsuit waiting to happen if you ask me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT