ADVERTISEMENT

Robinson ?

Bozworth39

Gold Member
May 7, 2021
You’re telling me it’s a secret as to if he is in draft or out ? All these so called insiders can’t find out if a player withdrew or stayed in ?

You’re telling me it’s a secret as to if he is in draft or out ? All these so called insiders can’t find out if a player withdrew or stayed in ?
I find it rather odd as well. No one is even speculating and it's not like they are afraid to be wrong.

Wouldnt it be nice if Coach Pope would keep the BBN informed as the the status of any and all recruits but It probably cant be done due to NIL deals.

Reactions: Zissou87
It's just been a very strange recruitment and the lack of any comment from Robinson is just off 😕. I don't think he has given much thought to coming to Uk.

It's just been a very strange recruitment and the lack of any comment from Robinson is just off 😕. I don't think he has given much thought to coming to Uk.
I think he was all in on going pro, and if he got any type of positive feedback he wasn’t coming back to college.

Reactions: delk4three
Wouldnt it be nice if Coach Pope would keep the BBN informed as the the status of any and all recruits but It probably cant be done due to NIL deals.
Or the fact he doesn't have an update to give ? That is the one I am going with. Robinson's former teammate even made a post he hasn't heard a decision from Robinson. One thing for certain, a decision has been made, we just do not know what. Maybe he is just taking a little extra time to decide BYU or UK before word gets out ? Big decision for the young man, I will respect his decision.

Reactions: westerncat
Until I hear different I take no return announcement to mean he is staying in the draft.
Why ? you like negative tones better than positive ones ? I will believe I do not know which way he is leaning until I actually hear which way he is going. Remember, there has been no "staying in the draft" announcement either.

It is top secret. Maybe he had a stay until a pro team can decide if they want to draft him or not? Has that been done before? Hard to fathom at least one insider couldn't break the code.

Why ? you like negative tones better than positive ones ? I will believe I do not know which way he is leaning until I actually hear which way he is going. Remember, there has been no "staying in the draft" announcement either.
Because he was focused on staying in the draft, doesn’t have to announce he’s staying in.

Hope I am wrong and he returns and comes to UK. We need him and without him (or someone else like him) I think next year is very questionable.

Robinson and agent are probably hearing offers from media members as far as who gets to be the first to report the decision. Of course I am kidding butn we still

Reactions: KFuqua
Sports Grid said that nobody has heard anything about him this morning. They said if he does come to UK he will be coming off the bench because Butler and Oweh are a really good backcourt. Did not mention Krissa but he is another proven tough guard. They said Robinson has a beautiful stroke but when he isn't on he gets lost and needs to work on doing things other than shooting when he is not hitting.

If we didn't have Chandler I could see the fuss. To me Almonor filled the biggest void needed that was left. Whoever else we get will just be more good depth and competition.

Sports Grid said that nobody has heard anything about him this morning. They said if he does come to UK he will be coming off the bench because Butler and Oweh are a really good backcourt. Did not mention Krissa but he is another proven tough guard. They said Robinson has a beautiful stroke but when he isn't on he gets lost and needs to work on doing things other than shooting when he is not hitting.

If we didn't have Chandler I could see the fuss. To me Almonor filled the biggest void needed that was left. Whoever else we get will just be more good depth and competition.
I think Pope has recruited a good team and I think we will be fine if we don’t get anyone else. People are acting like we’re doomed without this guy

Because he was focused on staying in the draft, doesn’t have to announce he’s staying in.

Hope I am wrong and he returns and comes to UK. We need him and without him (or someone else like him) I think next year is very questionable.
Well if he doesn't have to announce, is his name listed for the draft ? Doesn't have to make it public either way, that is what you are missing.

But Chandler has been away from basketball for 2 years. Pope has said that they would bring him along very, very slow with no rush. To expect him to contribute major minutes next year is optimistic, but I hope he does because we will sure need him. If Robinson did come here, he would get starter minutes coming off the bench or not.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I guess it is pretty straight line reasoning.

He entered the draft so he would have to proactively leave it.

He may have withdrawn and we don't know it but if one is speculating either way it would be with the status quo.
There is no evidence that any change happened is why not overt negativity.

When the evidence changes so will the perceptions.

Reactions: W1LDCAT22
Posts like this are always good. They bring me back to the reality of how low the IQ of some posters are on this board.

My guess is the people who need to know Robinson's situation are well aware, rest of us will know when they're ready to tell us.

I guess it is pretty straight line reasoning.

He entered the draft so he would have to proactively leave it.

He may have withdrawn and we don't know it but if one is speculating either way it would be with the status quo.
There is no evidence that any change happened is why not overt negativity.

When the evidence changes so will the perceptions.
Kind of odd, CBS / ESPN listed EVERY player who stayed in the draft or returned to college, EXCEPT Robinson. If he for sure stayed in, why didn't they list him as part of the 24 draft ? They have said either way, so until I hear which way he decided I will remain patient.

If Robinson withdrew from the NBA draft and doesn't commit to UK that will be a huge miss for Pope and there isn't a way to spin it.

I personally believe that if Robinson plays college ball next year it will be at UK though.

I never heard of this website, but I found the piece interesting.

Go 'Cats ! ! !
This piece of AI generated crap was NOT interesting.

”Robinson put his name in the draft, but may have taken it out. His previous coach at BYU now coaches Kentucky."

There i summarized it so no one needs to read it.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT