ADVERTISEMENT

Rex "I took a pay cut to leave school"

Are none of you familiar with UK basketball in the 70s and 80s? Hell yeah UK boosters were funneling cash to players big time. Are you all that naive? What do you think resulted in the second most harshest punishment handed down by the NCAA of all time?
That is simply not the point.

If we weren’t cheating in the 80’s we weren’t trying!!

Those were the days of basket weaving doctorate courses at UNC!!!

I followed all college sports pretty closely, and knew we and U of L and UT were all cheating, simply from observation and personal connections.

The point that pisses me and many off is that Rex accepted the money - - - and not likely $700K, - - - and is whoring himself and us out at a particularly painful moment.

But the interracial dating angst is pure bullshit. I was on campus in the 80’s, and never heard any complaint about who Rex dated.

No one would have given a rat’s ass as long as he could hit three pointers and win games.

He is just making us out to be rubes . . . and to get attention from the coastal folk and talking heads who otherwise might forget his name.

I predicted three years ago that NIL would produce “Latter Day Saints” from weak-minded, self-centered, used up jocks, who would want to brag about the swag and cash they got under the table.

Those who make a game of spilling the beans from 40 years ago were selfish, law-breaking bastards when they took the money, and are now ingrates to brag about their ancient haul simply to gain current attention.

Last edited:
That is simply not the point.

If we weren’t cheating in the 80’s we weren’t trying!!

Those were the days of basket weaving doctorate courses at UNC!!!

I followed all college sports pretty closely, and knew we and U of L and UT were all cheating, simply from observation and personal connections.

The point that pisses me and many off is that Rex accepted the money - - - and not likely $700K, - - - and is whoring himself and us out at a particularly painful moment.

But the interracial dating angst is pure bullshit. I was on campus in the 80’s, and never heard any complaint about who Rex dated.

No one would have given a rat’s ass as long as he could hit three pointers and win games.

He is just making us out to be rubes . . . and to get attention from the coastal folk and talking heads who otherwise might forget his name.

I predicted three years ago that NIL would produce “Latter Day Saints” from weak-minded, self-centered, used up jocks, who would want to brag about the swag and cash they got under the table.

Those who make a game of spilling the beans from 40 years ago we’re selfish, law-breaking bastards when they took the money, and are now ingrates to brag about their ancient haul.
Great post

Is anyone honestly surprised by this?
All he has to do to be believed is show some record of unusual cash deposits for an 18-year-old, or give evidence of large purchases -cars, real estate, whatever, that wouldn’t have been possible without hundreds of thousands of dollars that came from an unknown source, or simply name the people who funneled these gigantic cash gifts to him, and give specific amounts. That would be extremely easy for a guy who is going to “tell all” right? Hell, I could give details and specifics of a $1,000 bonus I got in 1987, who gave it to me, why, and what I did with it - if I’d been given 100 times that the details would have made an impression and I could recount them to make my story feel authentic.

But not Rex the Apple Man. All he has is the same tired cliche that was being tossed around all the way back to Wilt Chamberlain: “He took a pay cut to go pro.” Yuk yuk.

The lack of detail that should be easy to produce, the use of a tired old joke to make the point, all tells me this is just another lie from a pathetic pathological liar.

images

This. I was there, too. Every white boy on campus thought he was cool as hell, just like everyone liked Vanilla Ice and Eminem for their impact in a mostly black field.

I can't speak for white women. It's possible they didn't like it.

If some boosters didn't like it, Rex, you could have easily a) refused their money, or b) told them if it bothered them so much you would happily transfer.

Sounds like you're pissed all these years later that you didn't have the balls to do either one.

Rex should be exiled. He needs to get over himself and whatever grudge he has from his playing days. Kentucky gave him a platform that helped him get to the league. Also, when he was at his worst they give him a job on the official pregame radio show and doing video segments with the players. What a backstabbing, ungrateful prick this douche is.

By Will Starjacki on BasketballNetwork.net
I don't know how to copy and paste. He is an ass wipe.
Shows how dumb he was for leaving school. And we all thought that the reason he says such dumb stuff was because he has brain damage from drug use. When all along he's just been naturally dumb all his life.

Surely no one believes anything he says. Everything he says and does is fkr attention and money. He literally somehow built a massive social media following off of stealing other people's content.

As a person, it's abundantly clear he has zero scruples and can't be believed whatsoever.

I don't think anyone is claiming that UK was clean in the 80s, but Rex's newest claims are absurd when placed in proper historical perspective.

Remember, this was the 80s. An era when mere "100 dollar handshakes" were considered wildly scandalous. When the discovery of a package containing 50 twenty dollar bills sent to Chris Mills was once the nation's biggest sports scandal. An era when even high first round NBA draft picks only made a few hundred thousand dollars. Yet Rex says boosters were eager to illegally sneak him nearly three-quarters of a million for one season? Bullshit.

And even if it were true, what's the point of making it an issue now? Nothing other that bringing the attention whore more attention and making UK look bad nearly four decades later. Screw that guy.
Bingo.

I don't think anyone is claiming that UK was clean in the 80s, but Rex's newest claims are absurd when placed in proper historical perspective.

Remember, this was the 80s. An era when mere "100 dollar handshakes" were considered wildly scandalous. When the discovery of a package containing 50 twenty dollar bills sent to Chris Mills was once the nation's biggest sports scandal. An era when even high first round NBA draft picks only made a few hundred thousand dollars. Yet Rex says boosters were eager to illegally sneak him nearly three-quarters of a million for one season? Bullshit.

And even if it were true, what's the point of making it an issue now? Nothing other that bringing the attention whore more attention and making UK look bad nearly four decades later. Screw that guy.
Rex is probably broke now and has cut a deal with Kansas.

Go away pill head.

Go feel sorry for yourself somewhere else. You’ve done your best to sabotage the program (Cal is leaving for the NBA just before a title game, everyone was racist, I should’ve gone to UL, blah blah). Now this.

All he has to do to be believed is show some record of unusual cash deposits for an 18-year-old, or give evidence of large purchases -cars, real estate, whatever, that wouldn’t have been possible without hundreds of thousands of dollars that came from an unknown source, or simply name the people who funneled these gigantic cash gifts to him, and give specific amounts. That would be extremely easy for a guy who is going to “tell all” right? Hell, I could give details and specifics of a $1,000 bonus I got in 1987, who gave it to me, why, and what I did with it - if I’d been given 100 times that the details would have made an impression and I could recount them to make my story feel authentic.

But not Rex the Apple Man. All he has is the same tired cliche that was being tossed around all the way back to Wilt Chamberlain: “He took a pay cut to go pro.” Yuk yuk.

The lack of detail that should be easy to produce, the use of a tired old joke to make the point, all tells me this is just another lie from a pathetic pathological liar.
You should ask Rex to do that. This is a dead story and nobody really cares anymore.

Where was all this money when Tubby couldn't find an top tier recruit? People had damn near a mil for Rex Chapman but not Dirk, Kobe?

Where's all this money when Cal was hollering about kids needing to eat like he was in a UNICEF commercial?

The 80s teams commanded money, shoes, Rolexes, boxes full of all sorts of goodies but the Platoon couldn't?

700 Gs in the 80s for teams watching UL win titles...can barely scrap up 36,000 today for Reed Sheppard.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Read the book Raw Recruits and find the section on John Williams, aka The Louisiana Purchase. Rex's claim isn't far fetched. Just his claim that he was a victim

Reactions: The-Hack
Rex has shot himself in the foot so many times, he has no toes on either foot. Hard to believe this guy has blown so many opportunities.

Reactions: crestcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT