ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves To Meet With Cal On Monday To Decide His Future Plans.

They were there early but Cal waited until nothing is left.
I've been paying attention from Day 1. There haven't been any shooters hit the portal that I would rather have than Antonio. I wish we could have gotten HD and KJ. I would like to have Nelson. Other than that, nada.

The Reeves deal is going to come down to two things, and whether some fans think he sucks or doesn’t suck, isn’t going to be one of them…

Money and playing time, i.e. starting, or if the money is sufficient, the 6th man role. I can only guess how much money he is looking for, but I know Cal can’t and won’t promise a starting position because those have already been promised before dudes signed their NLI.

My honest guess? Reeves transfers, and Cal brings in a couple of more freshmen and maybe a lingering portal option.

so now these paid athletes are not to be criticized. most of these guys make more than a lot of every day working folks. Yet they are beyond reproach. What a joke, just like this program under the guidance of ccc.

I've been paying attention from Day 1. There haven't been any shooters hit the portal that I would rather have than Antonio. I wish we could have gotten HD and KJ. I would like to have Nelson. Other than that, nada.

LJ Cryer was the only name I remember seeing who I thought could have been a sure thing in terms of at least matching/surpassing the numbers Reeves put up at his position last season.
There are other names like Dalton Knecht that looked good, but you never know for sure how well the games of mid-major players will transition to tougher competition.
(Probably would of been worth trying to grab him anyway if for no other reason than keeping him from going to Tennessee)

Reactions: jjsomer
The Reeves deal is going to come down to two things, and whether some fans think he sucks or doesn’t suck, isn’t going to be one of them…

Money and playing time, i.e. starting, or if the money is sufficient, the 6th man role. I can only guess how much money he is looking for, but I know Cal can’t and won’t promise a starting position because those have already been promised before dudes signed their NLI.

My honest guess? Reeves transfers, and Cal brings in a couple of more freshmen and maybe a lingering portal option.
you are probably correct that Reeves will not play for UK next year. This all leads to just another lie that ccc as continually spread during his tenure, "that playing time is earned, not given". Everyon could see that was a lie as he continued to play the 5* recruits even though they were out played by lesser rated guys.

so now these paid athletes are not to be criticized. most of these guys make more than a lot of every day working folks. Yet they are beyond reproach. What a joke, just like this program under the guidance of ccc.

I don't think anyone is happy that players are shopping around these days, but what are you going to do? This is where college basketball is. Its a player driven league.. and we either start playing the game or we get left behind. This goes far beyond Cal.

Speaking of, this is really just a sales negotiation. Cal and staff need to offer enough to get Reeves to return, but not so much that it takes up too much NIL money or some false promise. That's not exactly an easy tight rope to walk, and another school might outbid us.

Reactions: AGEE11

There not gonna let reeves walk this late, that staff is smart enough to know they can’t let him leave now. He will be back at Kentucky

Dude was mostly dependable. Don’t fixate on one bad streak.
I like Reeves and hopes he comes back. If you go back and check the box scores from games against the teams that beat us this year, you will see that is a very streaky shooter especially against top flight schools

I like Reeves and hopes he comes back. If you go back and check the box scores from games against the teams that beat us this year, you will see that is a very streaky shooter especially against top flight schools
And it's the only thing he can do. And he's not consistent at his one thing. He can't defend. He can't handle the ball. He can't pass. He doesn't by example. He's a situational points getter off the bench that had to play starter minutes because we had no one else. Now we have options. If he is willing to be that guy to get situational minutes or be a zone buster and work in practice the rest of the time then fine, bring him back. If he thinks he's more than that then he should go somewhere else. He is not a rotation player on next year's team. Unless there's injuries. If he is thrust into major minutes again then we aren't very good again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT