ADVERTISEMENT

Reeves To Meet With Cal On Monday To Decide His Future Plans.

Cool, you picked out a single game. Now do the same for the game before against Providence. There would have been no 1 for 15 game without Reeves 22 points in the game before. Play the blame game as much as you want but I’ll take as many 40% three point shooters as we can sign.
why sign him? he is already on the team... he wants more $$$ and will fold in NCAAT... F him

200w.gif

I am working this weekend preparing something important to my client.
I really hope it’s reeves that insisted on Monday as the meeting time .
I really hope that the meeting is not on Monday because Cal wanted the weekend off.
As screwed up as this situation is for Nine million I think I would be working 24/7 to fix it .

If it was me, and I pissed down my leg causing my team to be beaten by Kansas State, my butt would be coming back to get revenge. But these little primadonnas don't think that way. Not the players Cal attracts.
I’m actually wondering..given the exodus…if they players ARE all prima donnas
I see one or two..but eight, possibly nine?
No. They got all the blame for the season; we saw how Calipari acted on the court towards them..no telling what happened in the locker room.
Reeves got positively trashed for his last game when he was the guy everyone loved until then. And he didn’t even get a chance to do anything much until Calipari’s hand was forced by Wheeler’s injuries
Maybe Reeves is too, I don’t know…and we don’t know what happened after that game

No. They got all the blame for the season; we saw how Calipari acted on the court towards them..no telling what happened in the locker room.
Reeves got positively trashed for his last game when he was the guy everyone loved until then. And he didn’t even get a chance to do anything much until Calipari’s hand was forced by Wheeler’s injuries
Maybe Reeves is too, I don’t know…and we don’t know what happened after that game
You have valid points.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I suspect the meeting is for Reeves and coach to a good laugh at the heads exploding. Kinda like that movie Mars Attacks.

We went from John Wall/Anthony Davis/Karl-Anthony Towns…to fretting if an Illinois State transfer who went 1-14 in an NCAA Tournament loss is returning.

What. The. Actual.
He was our best offensive player at the end of the year. He averaged over 20ppg the last 5 games. He shot 40% from 3. And in Cal’s 14 years here, I’d say he’s top 10 best 3 point shooters Cal has had at Kentucky. So yeah, I’d say he’s pretty valuable

I definitely want him back. A veteran who actually played meaningful minutes. Was productive. Very productive in several games. As far as his last game again KSU, look at Jayson Tatum's last game against the Heat. Duke's star Kyle Filipowski's last game. Bad games happen.

Reeves Season

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I get why he did intially but the process should have been over 2 weeks ago. Kentucky should of locked him up
Agree. I think Cal is lacking in the humility department. Always has but it was easy to lack humility when we were high on the hog. But now we aren’t and the kids aren’t just falling over each other to join his teams. It seems he thought they would come and they haven’t. He’s gonna have to learn to punch from the bottom for once

Agree. I think Cal is lacking in the humility department. Always has but it was easy to lack humility when we were high on the hog. But now we aren’t and the kids aren’t just falling over each other to join his teams. It seems he thought they would come and they haven’t. He’s gonna have to learn to punch from the bottom for once
Yeah cal still thinks Kentucky is the top choice and we aren’t. He has to adapt and get in on these portal guys earlier and play the NIl game upfront. But him targetting these two high school guys is better than nothing, people were mad we didn’t have depth he is trying to add depth

I want Reeves to return. He is a good shooter and those are hard to come by. Had a bad night in last tourney game, but so did Wallace and Toppin and Frederick and even Oscar. Any one laying the blame on him alone is an idiot. IMO the improv3d athleticism next year at the 1 and2 spot will enhance his game, as for his taking his time and looking at all his options there isn't a person that posts on here that wouldn't do the same if you were in his shoes.

Yeah cal still thinks Kentucky is the top choice and we aren’t. He has to adapt and get in on these portal guys earlier and play the NIl game upfront. But him targetting these two high school guys is better than nothing, people were mad we didn’t have depth he is trying to add depth
I think people are mad that we missed on all our targets and aren’t adding quality depth. We can add depth. That’s easy. But we don’t need a bench full of walk on or naia level talent.

I just don't get why we need to keep meeting this late in process.....

1. It was always dumb for UK to wait on his NBA process (he's never had one)
2. But once it was obvious NBA was not going to happen....it's I want to come back to UK or I don't like playing for UK. What else is there to discuss? The roster at his spot we've all known for months....there is no new information.
I know. It’s all about the money. If we convince him we can get him what he wants he will be back. Otherwise he’s gone.

In his mind he’s still 2009 Cal and nothing is wrong.

I think people are mad that we missed on all our targets and aren’t adding quality depth. We can add depth. That’s easy. But we don’t need a bench full of walk on or naia level talent.
Burks isn’t NAIA level talent, the hart kid has IU and Rutgers after him so he must not be terrible.

I think dude is gone.

And if dude is back, in a lesser role, he’s still not a winning player. Played poorly against the best competition more often than he played well.

Again, it’s very sad that we’re in a position where fans are desperate to have a player of this quality back.
How did he do against Arkansas? Lol

Some of you paint false narratives. Ignore stats. But whatever. I’m sure it makes you feel better.

I hope he comes back. Man do we need him. Whatever his deficiencies may be, whether he’s really too streaky, bad defender, or whatever, seems like those are less deficiencies than you’re going to find in anyone else we could replace him with at this point. Plus, Reeves is a proven commodity at UK. Someone else could come in with similar challenges on the downside and not have the same upside as far as how much he really translates to Cal’s weird playing style and micromanaging coaching style——which seems to be a tough thing for players to do these days. PLUS, at a minimum it’d be nice to have him back, warts and all, because what we really need to add are multiple shooters his value or better. Let’s say Cal goes crazy and actually brings in another shooter to replace Reeves who has higher upside and/or less downside and it all translates without hitches to real performance on the floor this year in Cal’s system without season-dampening injury issues: is Cal really going to do that TWICE starting now? Not something I’m really inclined to hold my breath over.

OTOH…..

What is the scenario where this really works out, given the way it is set up? Is Reeves really going to come out of this saying,:

“Yeah I had my worries but Cal and staff really went to the mat finding me some great guaranteed NIL money”?

“Yeah I had my worries but Cal guaranteed me [x] minutes playing time[shots/touches/starts]”?

What is it that Reeves could really come out of this with, that Cal would really offer, that’s really going to move the needle for Reeves if he came into the conversation already having tried to use the draft not just for feedback but for escape and already opened up his recruiting again?

Hoping the situation is brighter than it’s looking to me from here.

Wheeler's "injury" was a symptom of whatever was going on the last part of the season. The team broke down and fell apart. Cal lost the team(if he ever had it) The off season has been a result of Cal's terrible player management skills. I honestly wonder where we are going to find players to fill out any type of reasonable roster.

Wheeler's "injury" was a symptom of whatever was going on the last part of the season. The team broke down and fell apart. Cal lost the team(if he ever had it) The off season has been a result of Cal's terrible player management skills. I honestly wonder where we are going to find players to fill out any type of reasonable roster.
Yes I should’ve put injury in quotes lol
And I do agree wholeheartedly

Reactions: docholiday51
Reeves is all about NIL apparently. Brady James mentioned in another thread that he had a call with UK or Reeves people last night and Brady presented his offer to them.

His only update was , he gave them the offer and that he hated Fed Ex and a certain Memphis booster who owns it or works there lol so apparently Memphis is offering him a good NIL package.

Guess we all find out tomorrow or Tuesday. Sounds like if we can get close with NIL he will stay. Fingers crossed and thank God for fans like Brady who do so much behind the scenes to help UK athletics.

Reeves is all about NIL apparently. Brady James mentioned in another thread that he had a call with UK or Reeves people last night and Brady presented his offer to them.

His only update was , he gave them the offer and that he hated Fed Ex and a certain Memphis booster who owns it or works there lol so apparently Memphis is offering him a good NIL package.

Guess we all find out tomorrow or Tuesday. Sounds like if we can get close with NIL he will stay. Fingers crossed and thank God for fans like Brady who do so much behind the scenes to help UK athletics.
I don't see how we beat out fed ex,lol.They are loaded.

If it was me, and I pissed down my leg causing my team to be beaten by Kansas State, my butt would be coming back to get revenge. But these little primadonnas don't think that way. Not the players Cal attracts.
Coming back for revenge is old school, not these young kids. For them, it's all about me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT